What are some "Traditions" Your Family has when you go on a Disney Vacation?

Ricky Spanish

Ok, you're gonna hate this.
We have been doing this since the first time we went to WDW, late 80's
And it's the only place we do it.

We try to get in as many of other people's photos as possible.

We have been photo-bombing before it had a name.

Sorry, but you asked.

ajkraz

Go on every ride in two days, it sounds hard but honestly we almost accomplished it in one a couple of times, you just have to be good with fast passes and extra magic hours and crowds

rob0519

After checking into the resort, the first park is always MK and taking the monorail is a must.
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's has become a tradition as well. Also, our son gets to pick an ornament at the Christmas Store in the Springs where they put his name and the year on the ornament.

docdebbi

Hawaiin Shirt Day
DSC02721.JPG

mf1972

Ok, you're gonna hate this.
We have been doing this since the first time we went to WDW, late 80's
And it's the only place we do it.

We try to get in as many of other people's photos as possible.

We have been photo-bombing before it had a name.

Sorry, but you asked.
you're certainly living up to that ricky spanish name ;)

Seabasealpha1

Umm...

A few things...

1. Dole Whips. There's at least one round for everyone...(this isn't that thrilling to some of you...)
2. I take and keep a barf bag from Mission: Space. I have a pile of them at home... No, there's no barf in them...
3. We always take the boat across the lagoon to get to MK.
4. We leave at around 2p and go back for a nap, to relax, whatever...then come back at like 7 or 8 pm (when the park is open until 1 am) and we ride the boat across the lagoon and spend time in MK after dark...to me, it just takes on a whole new look and feel after dark.
5. The last night of the trip, we take a lap around Epcot in the monorail...at night...and I say goodbye to SSE, and I try not to tear up...(sadly this is true, I'm a little bit soft...I never do feel the same after I leave...somehow one feels changed in some way...(if you know what I mean...)
6. Before we fly either to or from Florida, (or anywhere for that matter) as we board the plane, I always lay a hand on the side of the fuselage next to the door, and say a sort of little prayer/mantra for the plane in question to make it safe to where it's going.

Granted...we only make it to a Disney park once every 2-3 years...but these are the traditions I can recall...

Rodb

[this was too funny) i will have to remember the barf bag and the prayed the next time i go

QUOTE="Seabasealpha1, post: 7589791, member: 90450"]Umm...

A few things...

1. Dole Whips. There's at least one round for everyone...(this isn't that thrilling to some of you...)
2. I take and keep a barf bag from Mission: Space. I have a pile of them at home... No, there's no barf in them...
3. We always take the boat across the lagoon to get to MK.
4. We leave at around 2p and go back for a nap, to relax, whatever...then come back at like 7 or 8 pm (when the park is open until 1 am) and we ride the boat across the lagoon and spend time in MK after dark...to me, it just takes on a whole new look and feel after dark.
5. The last night of the trip, we take a lap around Epcot in the monorail...at night...and I say goodbye to SSE, and I try not to tear up...(sadly this is true, I'm a little bit soft...I never do feel the same after I leave...somehow one feels changed in some way...(if you know what I mean...)
6. Before we fly either to or from Florida, (or anywhere for that matter) as we board the plane, I always lay a hand on the side of the fuselage next to the door, and say a sort of little prayer/mantra for the plane in question to make it safe to where it's going.

Granted...we only make it to a Disney park once every 2-3 years...but these are the traditions I can recall...[/QUOTE]

zurgandfriend

First Park the Magic Kingdom.
First attraction the Haunted Mansion.
Breakfast at Kona Café and Grand Floridian Café.
Dinner at California Grill.
One meal at Cosmic Rays my DW’s favorite.
Tours the resorts via the monorail
Tours the resorts around Crescent Lake
Purchase at least Christmas decoration

Disney4family

more of a habit than a tradition, but since my wife isn't much of a breakfast person & a slow riser, i'll go have breakfast myself in the early morning.
i've gotten to enjoy looking around the resort & taking it in while it's still quiet.
I love doing this, too! I love getting a nice cup of coffee at the Contempo Cafe and watching the magic unfold - CMs setting up for the 7am Chef Mickey b'fast, CMs adding new stock to Bay View Gifts, the monorail overhead. I'll still bring back a cup when I bring back one for my husband at BLT, but the quiet time spent sitting there is wonderful.

Disney4family

Pirates of the Caribbean is the very first ride we go on and also the very last.

The exception was our last trip when the ride was under refurbishment.
We used to make this our last attraction, too, until my husband said he was uncomfortable with the stares since I would ride it with my sunglasses on (to hide the tears). :(

Disney4family

First morning...B'fast at Crystal Palace...Pooh's French toast...I can fill my plate with that!!! Then it's the day at MK.
Pooh was always our last b'fast. We had to change it up this year. It started to get too much of a bittersweet feel to it. This year we'll make Chef Mickey's our last b'fast. I still think my stomach will be in knots, but it'll hopefully still be magically fun.

Figments Friend

When i used to visit WDW regularly i had a nice little set of 'traditions' I found myself doing each visit.

The day I arrived I would purposely not visit any Parks that evening.
I would either spend my time with friends who lived locally in Orlando, or have a meal at The Earl of Sandwich at DTD.
If time allowed or I was feeling the 'Park itch' I would tour around the property on the free monorails and watercraft.
It was a fun way to build up the anticipation for the next day's Park visit.

I would usually spend the first day at MK, and before going to the Park I would stop over at the Poly and have my 'traditional first breakfast' at Kona Cafe.
It was yummy back then.

When the time came to visit Epcot, a general 'rule' was that I would enter via monorail.
This was back when Guests could still ride up front with the monorail pilot and I used to do this often.
Nothing beat that awesome view from the beam when you cruised into Epcot with Spaceship Earth right directly in front of you!
I miss that....

I had certain seats I always sat in for certain staged presentations and rides.
Front row, centerline seat at Epcot's 'The American Adventure' and the last car, last seat on MKs 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' are two examples.

Another 'tradition' was tying strips of fabric to the 'Tiger Trees' at Animal Kingdom.
Some of my original strips are still present..even after all the years of Florida sun and humidity.

I also used to leave a coin in Buddha's outstretched hand at the main shop at World Showcase's China as well as toss a coin into the MK 'Wishing Well' next to Cinderella Castle.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom