What are some "Traditions" Your Family has when you go on a Disney Vacation?

The_Frizz0516

Original Poster
I should probably explain more...
Are there things your family just HAS to do at least once before you head back home? Maybe you always eat at a certain restaurant or do a certain ride? Maybe you have a signature pose with a special character and have to get a picture! Or you all wear matching hats every time you visit! What's something that your family always does, that makes the vacation complete?

My family is my father, mother, and I. One time I went with my grandparents, but every other time it's just been Mom, Dad, and Andie. We've gone I think 12 times in my life and have "Disney Traditions" we always take part in every time we visit.

1) Our first day at Disney, we ALWAYS have our first dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. We used to have one not too far from our house, and we'd go for everyone's birthday and anniversary, so forth and so on, but it closed down when I was 5, so we do it at Disney instead now haha.
2) Our last breakfast, we ALWAYS eat at 'Ohana. I don't know how this started, or why, but I can't think of a single trip where my last breakfast wasn't with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.
3) Splash Mountain is my mom's favorite ride, and one of our favorite movies is The Emperor's New Groove, so when I was 9, I got the idea to yell "PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!" Right before the big drop on Splash Mountain. Now every time we ride it, we all yell "PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!"
4) When I was 2 and we dinner at the Garden Grill for the first time, we got a picture of me kissing Mickey's nose. Then, Chip and Dale came back to our table at the same time and Chip kissed my left cheek, Dale got the right and we took another picture. Skip to, now every time we see Mickey and Chip and Dale, we recreate those pictures.

So what does your family do at Disney World? What are your favorite things that you never miss?

kjb101791

Our main tradition is me getting watermelon and bubble gum jelly beans on the way in and my girlfriend repeatedly questioning why I like them. Also, my dad likes to try small things from all over at Epcot.

contrariwise

The only thing I can think of that is true of every trip is that we go to Epcot on our first day. It's not meant to be a tradition though. We always drive down, so I think our first day is normally the same day of the week, and because of EMH, etc., Epcot is always the "best park" per crowd calendars. Oh! I also *think* we have eaten at Columbia Harbor House each time. Ummm, I always shop at Mousegears! Otherwise, we try to change it up from trip to trip.

Disney4family

We always do MK on our first and last days.
We always take a picture of our kids on the People Mover.
(I wish I could use a little pixie dust just to go back a decade and see those little smiles of awe and wonder again. Now that they're teens, they have the "I am so exhausted from all the work I've been asked to do for the last 10 months, I so deserve this vacation look" like me. I guess "Get outta my way, I want a slushie, too" isn't too far behind.)

Cmdr_Crimson

Before the day I go I have two things I do...I go to The Musueum of Science & Industry as it has an Epcot-ish vibe to me about that place...And the day before I fly out I go see Disney on Ice as it plays around the time I head out there....First day Park I go to is always has, been and will be Epcot..

Darth Figment

We always hit TT 1st, then RR, and then last night there we eat at wolf gang pucks restaurant. Though last time we ate there it wasn't as good, and the service wasn't as good as the other times. But we'll give it 1 more shot .

Walter Elias Disney

Immediately we head for the Magic Kingdom... It has been a family tradition to touch the glass slipper mosaic located in Cinderella's castle. This is one Disney significant symbol that all family members have touched since the opening of the park and we know we are all together in spirit.

Attachments

• Cinderella Castle Mosaic.jpg
    Cinderella Castle Mosaic.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

GeoDonJac34

We don't have anything really specific, but we always have a breakfast at Kona and a lunch at Biergarten. I Know it happens before we get there, but the night before I watch Song of the South.

Rodb

we always walk right over to where the park maps are located and put a few in our bag even though we already know how we will be touring the park. even when we visit a park a second time (park hopping); we always grab a map again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom