what age for Haunted Mansion?

Peaches Magee

I contemplated this one forever. HM is my FAVORITE ride. And was just waiting for the day to freely go on with my son instead of having to skip it or go alone when we went in the past. We skipped it when we went earlier last year when he was 4... finally we went in Dec for his 5th birthday, and we knew the refurb had been done, I was going regardless... and he was coming on. He got a little nervous in line.... see...

t68rcz.jpg

...he then screamed and cried like crazy in the stretching room when it went dark... all the way till we got settled in the Doom Buggy. But then he was ok.
And after his second trip on it... yes, SECOND trip, he dubbed us
"Haunted Mansion Buddies" and loved it.

280plau.jpg

and then we got this and put it on my suv...

2ugfmom.jpg

and now this is how mama rolls! :cool: :D

elizs77

We took DS in 2006 when he was 3. He wasn't scared of ANYTHING, and he was over 40", and we let him do everything he was tall enough to do except Tower of Terror. DH and I talked about the whole fear thing at the time, and we decided that he in a middle age - he was old enough not to be scared by little things and too young to be scared by some bigger things. He'll have just turned 5 when we go back, so we'll see how he is this time.

BTW, I still think I'm not going to let him do Tower of Terror. He's 45" now, and I'll let him do Space Mountain, but TT still scares the bejeesus out of me.

msmith

Our boy went on HM first when he was 23 months old... Pointed out ghosts, bats, etc. as if they were just there... no big deal...

2nd trip @ 35 months, we explained in better detail what we were going to see and since he is a halloween freak anyway, he was excited about seeing ghosts, bats, etc... He was a bit apprehensive @ first, but he never cried and said he liked it after we were done.

jennc2001

my son was 2 1/2 last year when we went to DW and he loved haunted mansion! we rode it and pirates more than anything else! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom