What accessories do you run with?

JillC LI

I have to do the same. I am in the same boat as you - the unnecessary risk catgegory. My wife can't stand it. I really should get a RoadID

Currently I run with my Garmin 305. That's it.

If I plan to be out for a while I take a couple of bucks cash as well. I'll adjust my route to run by a gas station, 7-11, WaWa, or QuickCheck or the park to buy water.

If I am in the 10+ mile range, A couple of honey stingers get jammed in the pocket of my shorts.

I rarely know the exact route I am going to take when I leave my house. I have a milage in mind, and I know the distance of the major loops, so I run around and check my watch every so often until I know if I turn around and take the direct route back, I will hit my milage (Sometimes I have to run past my house for a quarter mile and loop back to get the milage I wanted - I hate that). I have been known to loop around a large parking lot to make up a couple of tenths if I have to. Those runs are fun to look at on the Garmin track.

I really need to start running more trails. Since there are no 7-11's on the mountain (yet) I clearly have to start supplying my own hydration. I have yet to find something that I like. Everything is too "sloshy"

-dave

I do the same with the Garmin and a few bucks in case I don't have enough liquids, a gel if I'm going over 10 miles. I've also done the run in circles in a parking lot thing to round out mileage for a long run. I don't carry my phone. However, the one thing that I consistently do (unless my hubby is joining me on his bike) is leave a note as to which route I am running and my anticipated return time. I have all my routes types out for various mileages, and that way my family knows where I went.

This did, however, come back to bite me once though because I went out to run 7 miles and was having such a great run (rare runners high and all) that I decided to tag on what turned out to be 4 more miles, but I forgot that I would be home 40 minutes later than expected. Sure enough, my family started to worry after I was a half hour late, and they jumped in the car to drive my 7 mile route. Well, I wasn't doing the 4 extra miles on that 7 mile route so they couldn't find me. When I got home, I saw the worried note they'd left me about going out to search for me, and I called and told them I was home safe. Needless to say, I had a lot of apologizing to do after that, and now if I am going to tag on mileage, I pass by my house and let someone know.

Get the RoadID though. I am very happy with my purchase.

Texas84

I have been known to loop around a large parking lot to make up a couple of tenths if I have to. Those runs are fun to look at on the Garmin track.

-dave

Ha! I did a few parking lot loops this morning to get 11. :D
11miles.jpg

Texas84

I ordered some Yankz from New Balance to try and keep my shoelaces together. I'll post a review here when I get them. Anyone have any other ideas?

DanStat

So glad I found these threads! I recently tried one of the Nike+ Sports watches and it was terrible! So, I'm back to my old standby - the iPhone 5. Sometimes in a case, sometimes in an armband. I use Nike+ to track my runs and the GPS on the iPhone is very accurate.

Through my training, I've found that when I run with water, I usually drink too much and end up cramping. Lately, I've been leaving the water bottle at home.

ChristaH

I found that the GPS on my iPhone 5 was MUCH better than on my 4S. The old one sometimes had me wandering all over the neighborhood!

Texas84

yankz1.jpg yankz2.jpg
Here are the Yankz laces. Very happy with them. Took me a while to get it right but once done your shoes are slip-off/slip-on. Just got tired of stopping to tie laces during runs.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
View attachment 32012 View attachment 32013
Here are the Yankz laces. Very happy with them. Took me a while to get it right but once done your shoes are slip-off/slip-on. Just got tired of stopping to tie laces during runs.
Had those a long while ago, and hated them. I gave them another try last year, and still hated them. But I do have friends that love them and will never go back to traditional laces. Personal preference I guess.

AUPr8Hd

Had those a long while ago, and hated them. I gave them another try last year, and still hated them. But I do have friends that love them and will never go back to traditional laces. Personal preference I guess.

I tried some last year and even wore them in a half marathon. I couldn't get used to them.

All I run with is my iPhone, Garmin 305 and a roadID. Most of my runs are around town, which is smaller. But, I've downloaded the new roadID app for my phone which allows my wife to track me while I run. It's pretty cool

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom