Westgate lakes opinion

Jessica326

Original Poster
I have been to Disney many many times but have not stayed at many hotels off site. I have Westgate lakes resort booked for this April but I am very nervous after reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor. Does anyone have any personal experience? Should I stick with it since there won't be much time in the room or should I book another hotel? Thanks in advance!

yensid67

Hey Jessica,
You mentioned that you will only be using the room to sleep and shower, right? Why not save a few dollars and get a cheaper hotel? I just looked up westgate on site I go through for hotels and for 8 days it was $608/2 adults.
If you are practical traveler and just view the hotel as a place to sleep and shower, then I would suggest Clarion LBV...look it up (clarionlbv.com) I have stayed there and would recommend it to anyone who just wants a nice place to stay. Another even cheaper choice is Seralago Hotel & Suites...I have never stayed, but its got good reviews and is about $304/2 adults for 8 nights! Its more family-oriented. if ya need any more help with a hotel feel free to PRIVATE CONVERSATION on my information page(click on my name and go to conversations)

Jessica326

Original Poster
Thank you. I work for a large corporation so luckily we get great discounts and I was able to book Westgate for $400 for a week. I'm just mainly concerned there won't be enough parking and about the cleanliness. I just like everything to be very clean.

Seanual757

Which one are you booked at I stayed at the Westgate off Turkey lake road this past weekend for a 3 day car show (I have stayed the past 4 years actually for this car show) never had an issues everything was clean it's a nice resort but it's NO Disney resort.

radiorae

I just recently stayed at Westgate Lakes (off Turkey Lake) in February. The hotel was very clean and there was plenty of parking everywhere. The only thing I didn't like is they REALLY push their timeshares-- they won't give you room keys without a spiel from a consultant, and they try to talk you into a "free breakfast", which ends up really eating into park time (they say it's only an hour, but according to internet reviews it's MUCH longer-- I can't verify for sure because we declined). if you say no to the breakfast they try to include things like free tickets to get you to come, so you really have to stay strong.

Overall though, I'd say they're a great hotel. I can't blame them for pushing timeshares because they are, at the end of the day, a timeshare resort. I only bring it up because it can be a bit jarring if you're not expecting it. Just be prepared and you'll have a great stay : )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom