West Side Food Truck Park construction

MissingDisney

There is still concept art posted in Downtown Disney that shows the Food Truck Park (actually Exposition Park) with the upstairs seating on the Highline. IMO, if it was really axed, they would have taken that down.
The Yeti was supposed to move.. A LOT...and is featured in tons of Disney specials. However, that changed, and they haven't gone back to fix any of that advertisement.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Yeti was supposed to move.. A LOT...and is featured in tons of Disney specials. However, that changed, and they haven't gone back to fix any of that advertisement.
The Yeti is a whole other issue. It's broken. A fully functioning yeti did exist at one point. If the high line upstairs seating opened and then a year later the elevator broke and was never fixed then it would be the same thing.

That being said, I find it highly unlikely that the upstairs seating is going to be added at a later time. Especially now that the landscaping is done and the area is up and running.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Yeti is a whole other issue. It's broken. A fully functioning yeti did exist at one point. If the high line upstairs seating opened and then a year later the elevator broke and was never fixed then it would be the same thing.

That being said, I find it highly unlikely that the upstairs seating is going to be added at a later time. Especially now that the landscaping is done and the area is up and running.

I would agree with this, especially if an elevator was required, which would require some major construction to put in place at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Waiting to see! This isn't high priority and the elevator could go behind current walls. I will look at old art.
That could work if they expanded the high line and connected the sections. The inspiration for this is a connected set of elevated tracks that connects to and through buildings. They could connect to an existing building that already has an elevator. As it stands right now the only way to get an elevator up to the upper deck (which is needed for ADA compliance) would be to add it to the outside which I don't see happening.

mechurchlady

The concept art for High Line shows it stopping at Bongos. It vaguely shows steps and a glass tower with sort of a handle. This glass tower is typical of outdoor lifts but there are no signs, lights, or buttons. Therefore that glass tower is for show, lol, wanna buy a bridge? What if there are no link flowers available or trees are show in another season. Get the structure built, pass, and if allowed add seating and elevator.

Mouse Detective

The concept art for High Line shows it stopping at Bongos. It vaguely shows steps and a glass tower with sort of a handle. Get the structure built, pass, and if allowed add seating and elevator.
The last (most recent) concept art for the food truck park is this one that shows the elevator tower to the left (east end of highline) and more stairs at the far right (west end of highline):
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CZlIxsMQ7mM/U3P9y2LLohI/AAAAAAAAgas/akkIp5afZx8/s1600/DSCN8728.JPG

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The last (most recent) concept art for the food truck park is this one that shows the elevator tower to the left (east end of highline) and more stairs at the far right (west end of highline):
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CZlIxsMQ7mM/U3P9y2LLohI/AAAAAAAAgas/akkIp5afZx8/s1600/DSCN8728.JPG
So this is back up now. In another thread this was discussed earlier. The art linked here was up last summer.
Is this a really recent change? This concept art was still on the construction walls as of July:
DSCN1169.JPG

Is it gone now?
Sometime this fall it was replaced with this:
Here's some recent pictures I found online. The sign updated to say fall 2014 and the concept art is now missing the umbrellas and tables up top and there are now tables and chairs at ground level. Good catch @drnilescrane :)

Are you saying they have now gone back to the original concept art from this summer?

Mouse Detective

So this is back up now. In another thread this was discussed earlier. The art linked here was up last summer.

Sometime this fall it was replaced with this:

Are you saying they have now gone back to the original concept art from this summer?
No, it's just the most recent picture I saw on the internet. I will check the next time I'm out there about what concept art is still posted.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, it's just the most recent picture I saw on the internet. I will check the next time I'm out there about what concept art is still posted.

The one's I posted above were the art on the construction walls before they took the walls down. Through the summer the one with the tables on top of the high line was still there. Some time this fall they replaced it with the 2nd photo (I lifted it from a site that shall not be named). In the new art, the tables up top were gone and replaced with ground level tables similar to the one's that were in place when the area opened.

I really do hope that they decide to come back and build the upper level seating like the original concept art.

mm121

are these trucks still operating? or have them been eliminated with all the new dining options that have been built?

Magic Feather

are these trucks still operating? or have them been eliminated with all the new dining options that have been built?
Still running, but with neutered menus. Also of note, contrary to what I was told last Namaste has returned! However, it now has a neutered menu of junk tacos.

mm121

Still running, but with neutered menus. Also of note, contrary to what I was told last Namaste has returned! However, it now has a neutered menu of junk tacos.
so that puts food truck park back to 4?

was just curious since saw a post elsewhere about a new one over at fort wilderness so was wondering if that was a new truck or a re theme of one of these

and i know sometime they steal these trucks and put them over at WWoS

disney4life2008

I was there tonight. The food trucks were horrible. You don't order from the truck but from a central location for all the trucks then they give you a number and you go to the truck. Namaste and world showcase food was there, both options had terrible food. I left and went to blaze pizza

mm121

I was there tonight. The food trucks were horrible. You don't order from the truck but from a central location for all the trucks then they give you a number and you go to the truck. Namaste and world showcase food was there, both options had terrible food. I left and went to blaze pizza

that sounds really stupid

yelling up into the truck is part of the experience

if disney doesnt want to put the effort into having their own trucks

why not just invite other local trucks to come on different rotations? then it would always be fresh and there would be zero financial risk if the trucks had a bad night all the risk would be on the individual vendors and it would be in their best interest to advertise

most popular trucks have a strong social media following so people that really like them can find them

mm121

I thought that was the original intent but probably too much of a risk

yea i thought that was part of the original intent to,

risk wise, i never said just invite random trucks, of course there would have to be contracts and they'd charge the trucks for the location, they have to get their cut of the cash

knowing who the trucks are is no more risky than leasing out space to outside vendors for the restaurants, its all on the up and up and they have to comply with health codes and everything

the food trucks of today are nothing like the sketchy ice cream trucks of the past, and when the trucks have a following its in their best interest to keep their standards of food and service high

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom