West Side Food Truck Park construction

jack samoa jon

It's refreshing to see that the day the walls go up, the construction is starting immediately.
The "High Line" section in the art looks just ridiculous...a dead end patio raised 15 feet off the ground with an elevator... ..How about some new shop and restaurant concepts that are really great instead of a retread of a trend that is on the downside now...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's refreshing to see that the day the walls go up, the construction is starting immediately.
The "High Line" section in the art looks just ridiculous...a dead end patio raised 15 feet off the ground with an elevator... ..How about some new shop and restaurant concepts that are really great instead of a retread of a trend that is on the downside now...

Actually I think it would have been a really nice area to sit, relax and people watch. Disappointed that it didn't work out.

Kman101

It is disappointing we can't go up on the highline. Was looking forward to it, but to me, it's also part of the overall theme of the new Disney Springs. I know it sort of 'stands out' but probably once the entire shopping area is finished and renamed it won't be as glaring and be a more 'natural' aspect of the area.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Has anyone seen or heard live entertainment at the food truck park? The new Disney Files magazine has a small blurb mentioning the food truck park and describing the area. It says the new food truck park houses all 4 food trucks as well as seating and an area for nightly entertainment. Hadn't heard it mentioned so I'm assuming it just hasn't started yet.

WhatJaneSays

Has anyone seen or heard live entertainment at the food truck park? The new Disney Files magazine has a small blurb mentioning the food truck park and describing the area. It says the new food truck park houses all 4 food trucks as well as seating and an area for nightly entertainment. Hadn't heard it mentioned so I'm assuming it just hasn't started yet.

I stopped by the food truck park last night and there was some entertainment. They had out an electric guitarist who was quite good. The park also had three of the Disney food trucks (only Fantasy Fare was missing) set up and doing business on one side (nearer to Bongos) and local food truck Yum Yum Cupcake on the other.

It looks like there might be space for up to five trucks depending on configuration.

mechurchlady

image.jpg
image.jpg
High Line is supposed to eventually be open to public with upstairs seating. Disney can wait for everything to finish or open as things finish. Freezing cold, high winds, and rain can slow projects.
Last time there was Yum Yum cupcake truck visiting. They can turn the area into an event venue, meet and greet, concert venue, and more. They can out more trucks as needed. Here is the concert and area for Christmas.

Freezing cold! Photos are on an iPod, sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 212

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 76901 View attachment 76901 High Line is supposed to eventually be open to public with upstairs seating. Disney can wait for everything to finish or open as things finish. Freezing cold, high winds, and rain can slow projects.
Last time there was Yum Yum cupcake truck visiting. They can turn the area into an event venue, meet and greet, concert venue, and more. They can out more trucks as needed. Here is the concert and area for Christmas.

Freezing cold! Photos are on an iPod, sorry!

It's been reported that the seating upstairs on the highline has been cut.

flyerjab

No seating on the highline but apparently people can sit on the rooftop of STK. I find this to be slightly enigmatic of them. Fix the **** highline and let the people sit up there. I don't care how problematic an elevator or whatever would be. We put people on the moon for crying out loud. Having some type of faux 2nd level to parts of DS would be great. It creates an entirely different vibe with kinetic activity going on at multiple levels. Ugh!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No seating on the highline but apparently people can sit on the rooftop of STK. I find this to be slightly enigmatic of them. Fix the **** highline and let the people sit up there. I don't care how problematic an elevator or whatever would be. We put people on the moon for crying out loud. Having some type of faux 2nd level to parts of DS would be great. It creates an entirely different vibe with kinetic activity going on at multiple levels. Ugh!

Please, don't hold back, tell use how you really feel. ;)

flyerjab

I know, right? :)

I don't typically go all out negative like that with my posts. This one, however, irks me (along with the 'balconies' used on the BC). I thought that the early concept art that displayed this design feature really made it look great. Better get out my doom and gloom flags! ;)

mechurchlady

I spoke with someone! The art was changed to show Exposition Park as it currently looks. Some people assumed that a change in artwork meant no upstairs access and seating. My source was almost correct on time of garage, walkway, bridge, and park opening. He has told me things not made public.

Before assuming we must wait for completion of the project. I am happy with lighted areas, shade, and places to sit. I remember 100+ with no shade anywhere. I am waiting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I spoke with someone! The art was changed to show Exposition Park as it currently looks. Some people assumed that a change in artwork meant no upstairs access and seating. My source was almost correct on time of garage, walkway, bridge, and park opening. He has told me things not made public.

Before assuming we must wait for completion of the project. I am happy with lighted areas, shade, and places to sit. I remember 100+ with no shade anywhere. I am waiting.

So your source says that they still plan to have upstairs access? I am pretty sure the person who first brought it up here was basing it on more then the artwork. I would be very surprised if they were going to go back and add the stairs/elevator later now that the whole thing is open.

mechurchlady

So your source says that they still plan to have upstairs access? I am pretty sure the person who first brought it up here was basing it on more then the artwork. I would be very surprised if they were going to go back and add the stairs/elevator later now that the whole thing is open.
Disney has opened things even if not complete like the parking garage. As it stands it is beneficial and an improvement on ones trip to Marketplace.

Mouse Detective

There is still concept art posted in Downtown Disney that shows the Food Truck Park (actually Exposition Park) with the upstairs seating on the Highline. IMO, if it was really axed, they would have taken that down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom