Pre-Trip We're taking a year off from Disney! Is that a pin code? Let's go to Disney!

We're in the process of finding land to build a house upon, I am on a year sabbatical from school before I start my MD/PhD program, and both boys are now in full-time school. As a result, we decided that we should probably take a year off from our annual Disney trip. We have family and friends in FL, so we must make a trip there anyway, but figured we'd hit up US for a day or two and call it good. Fast forward a few months and I receive a cute little brochure in the mail from Disney. Inside is a pin code!! We can't really pass up a pin code, now can we? Get the hubby on board with the plan and we look into, finally, staying deluxe. We've had the Beach Club on our minds for a long time and we know that it's the deluxe we want to try out first. We get on the site to check out prices, and discover that the BC is going to be undergoing a 20-month renovation!! If we are going to shell out the big bucks (even with the pin code) then we would really prefer to have the resort in tip top shape. We look into staying at our go-to resort, POR, when CBR catches our eye. We realize if we do CBR this trip then we will have completed the moderate circuit and we can move up to deluxe on the next trip. Plus, with the code, our nightly rate is a measly 120, leaving us plenty of money for ADRs and such. So now we are booked for April '15 at CBR! We booked at 182 days out and we are now 148 days out :) In the past we have invited family along, but it never works out well, so this trip it's me (Ember), DH, and our two boys, 9 and 5. You can find our previous trip reports in my signature line.

Last edited:

Allygator

How exciting! In a half an hour (midnight) my countdown will be 148 days as well. We are stay at CBR too! I always wanted to stay there! I hope our countdown goes quickly. :)

officialtom

Funny - I'm also in the process of starting to build a house and decided to take this year off Disney...until November and the snow hit and we decided there's no way we could wait another entire year to go again! So we're looking into booking March or early April 2015, likely at POR (our home).

I've done everything I can think of in an attempt to get a pin code but no luck. Hope they start coming eventually!

Have fun planning!!

Ember

Original Poster
I'm still trying to figure out how we lucked out. I'm thinking it may have been due to me looking at rates for next year, just out of curiosity. I kept entering new dates and browsing. The little im chat thing popped up asking if I needed help, and in my Disney depression I said no, not until 2016 :( about two weeks later we got a pin. Have fun at POR! I'm really going to miss it this year!

Ember

Original Poster
We are at 139 days out and I don't know what I did, but Disney is just throwing lots of good stuff our way. I had read on here about them offering a $25 gift card for doing an online guided tour of DVC, but we've never been offered one. Today I got an email and tah-dah! $25 gift card offer :) That'll buy us two QS meals or 3/4 of a TS meal lol. Speaking of meals, we have our ADRs set. Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8 so we can get early entrance to an empty MK, :cat: Sci fi for hubs, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package, our standard Sanaa dinner, and Beaches and Cream. Hopefully we will also be able to snag another BOG lunch fp because that was a highlight of our last trip.

seahawk7

We are at 139 days out and I don't know what I did, but Disney is just throwing lots of good stuff our way. I had read on here about them offering a $25 gift card for doing an online guided tour of DVC, but we've never been offered one. Today I got an email and tah-dah! $25 gift card offer :) That'll buy us two QS meals or 3/4 of a TS meal lol. Speaking of meals, we have our ADRs set. Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8 so we can get early entrance to an empty MK, :cat: Sci fi for hubs, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package, our standard Sanaa dinner, and Beaches and Cream. Hopefully we will also be able to snag another BOG lunch fp because that was a highlight of our last trip.
I'm so excited for you! This trip sounds great. Looking forward to following your trip report!

Ember

Original Poster
Ugh! 125 days out and I can't make up my mind! Two nights at CBR and two at WLV or add another night to 4 nights at CBR? I really, really, want to stay Deluxe, but I also really want to extend our trip by a day. Augh!

Ember

Original Poster
113 days out and I think we are going to scrap WL for the extra night and park day. I just can't stand the thought of only having three full days at the parks. This will give us 4.5 days and that is about perfect :) We just have to call and make sure we can extend our vacation by one night because when I looked online it shows no availability :/

Ember

Original Poster
111 days out and we are officially booked for 5 nights/6 days at CBR. And now we've decided driving will be the easiest thing to do with having to travel to Tallahassee. The great part about that is that we don't have to worry about where our room is at CBR or be restricted by flight times. Everything is coming together nicely :)

disneypearl

I think you made a good decision an extra park day will be well worth it. We stayed at CBR in July and liked it. It's a beautiful resort.

Ember

Original Poster
:cry:97 days out and I am devastated. I fell on black ice this morning and tore my meniscus. Now I have to get surgery and our trip may be off :( I am going to try everything I can to put the surgery off until after the trip, but I am really worried about all that walking. I don't know what to do.

StarWarsGirl

:cry:97 days out and I am devastated. I fell on black ice this morning and tore my meniscus. Now I have to get surgery and our trip may be off :( I am going to try everything I can to put the surgery off until after the trip, but I am really worried about all that walking. I don't know what to do.
So sorry to hear about that.

Have you looked into getting a wheelchair/ECV? That would certainly be better than cancelling the trip altogether.

disneypearl

That's awful! How are you feeling? Would it be possible to schedule the surgery asap and be mostly feeling better for your trip? Sorry you got hurt.

Ember

Original Poster
I'm in an incredible amount of pain :( Going to talk to the surgeon and see what my option are. The healing time before I can swim and stuff is 12 weeks which would put me right at the trip if I got the surgery done immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom