Pre-Trip We're going to WDW! September 2016

I'm so excited to announce that my hubby and I will be surprising our two little ones this Christmas with a trip we've booked for next September.
IMG_0005.jpg

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So a quick update. We have added a day to our stay. We are now going Sept 10. Just needed one more day, I think we wall can use one more day at Disney! So now we are staying Sept 10-17. Staying at art of animation. My kids found out about the trip on Christmas and they're both so excited. Now I'm waiting for March 14th so I can make dining plans. We have the quick service dining plan but we are looking to score reservations at BOG, Cinderella's Royal Table, Coral Reef, Rainforest Cafe, and maybe Garden Grill (is that the one in EPCOT?) I get Garden Grill and Garden Grove confused. Our stay is flexible but we know on Friday the last night we would like to do MK for a second time. This is the hard part of planning isn't it?

Figgy1

Premium Member
So a quick update. We have added a day to our stay. We are now going Sept 10. Just needed one more day, I think we wall can use one more day at Disney! So now we are staying Sept 10-17. Staying at art of animation. My kids found out about the trip on Christmas and they're both so excited. Now I'm waiting for March 14th so I can make dining plans. We have the quick service dining plan but we are looking to score reservations at BOG, Cinderella's Royal Table, Coral Reef, Rainforest Cafe, and maybe Garden Grill (is that the one in EPCOT?) I get Garden Grill and Garden Grove confused. Our stay is flexible but we know on Friday the last night we would like to do MK for a second time. This is the hard part of planning isn't it?
Congrats on adding a day! I'd save the money and skip Rainforest it's me. garden grill is in the Land in EPCOT. At this point you may want to do the math to see if it's worth upgrading to the regular DDP or just paying out of pocket.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So we have our airline tickets! No turning back now :) Our 180 mark is a week from today and I've done some changes and edited our dining down to BOG, Minnie's Dinner at Hollywood and Vine fantasmic package (my daughter loves that it will be a Halloween theme), Coral Reef, and the rest will most likely be quick service dining. We may just book one more but we're hoping to be able to eat at Skipper Canteen. I will also be making reservations for BBB for my daughter and The Pirates League for my son. We are considering MNSSHP but I'm not sure if my 3 year old is ready for that late of a night, and honestly this won't be our last time coming. I don't want to squeeze too much into 7 days. Happy kids=Happy Parents while your in WDW.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
IMG_2649.jpg

And can I just add that it's too bad there is no Meet and Greets with some of the marvel characters. I'm sure its a contract issue but my son would be thrilled to meet his favorite guy Captain America. This was them at a Halloween Dance. Haha that wig was so much fun.....

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Dining is booked!! So here is our schedule as of today.
Sept.11- 8:15 bibbidy bobbidy boutique for Molly
12:15 BOG Lunch
2:30 Pirates League for Ben

Sept 12- 5:50 Coral Reef

Sept 13- 4:25 Fantasmic Hollywood and Vine Minnnie Halloween Dinner

Sept 14-5:10 Plaza (The only restaurant we could book last vacation, now we go to it every time!)

Sept 15-4:45 TREX

That's it for now! So happy to get the reservations we wanted!

Figment Forever

Dining is booked!! So here is our schedule as of today.
Sept.11- 8:15 bibbidy bobbidy boutique for Molly
12:15 BOG Lunch
2:30 Pirates League for Ben

Sept 12- 5:50 Coral Reef

Sept 13- 4:25 Fantasmic Hollywood and Vine Minnnie Halloween Dinner

Sept 14-5:10 Plaza (The only restaurant we could book last vacation, now we go to it every time!)

Sept 15-4:45 TREX

That's it for now! So happy to get the reservations we wanted!

So glad you got the reservations you wanted!

Bryan Slater

To see Anna and Elsa I hear you almost have to. I have a friend who waited for over 3 hours to see them with her kids! I don't want to do that! I don't know if the lines for them are still that long but I'm not going to chance it if I can! My daughter and I'm sure most little ones (and some adults) dream of meeting them. Molly dresses like Elsa on a weekly basis still!
View attachment 103427

Guess which little girl she is lol! My son also really loves Frozen. He has an Olaf sweatshirt that he wears on occasion.

View attachment 103428
It's never to early to plan your trip. I suggest booking your dining 180 days before and fast pass 60 days. Have fun with the surprise and any questions just ask.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So here is our updated dining reservations, and we may change them again if we need to.

Sept 11- 8:15 Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique for Molly. She has her dress already in her suitcase.....(and we don't leave for about 6 months!)
11 BOG Lunch Reservation
2:30 Pirates league for Ben
We're hoping for MNSSHP for the evening so that way the kid will be in costume and we can have lots of fun.

Sept 12-5:50 Coral Reef

Sept 13-11:05 Sci-fi dine in. Our family is lucky to live in a town that has a drive-in movie theater. Its one of our favorite things to do. Had ot add this one. My hubby's eyes lit up when he read about it.
4:45 Fantasmic Hollywood and Vine Minnie Seasonal Dining

Sept 14-8:15 BOG
5:10 The Plaza. This is the only restaurant we could book last time, now we try to make it here every vacation.

Sept 15-We have left this day open for quick service at AK.

Sept 16-8:15 Akershus Royal Banquet. I'm not completely sold I will keep this reservation, its early on our last day.

KikoKea

Sounds like a wonderful trip! The Akershus is our favorite restaurant in WS. We don't have little ones, but actually like the food and the appetizer buffet. The princesses come by and pose, and there's a parade with all the kids that circles the eating area so your kids will enjoy that...but don't expect them to eat much with all the excitement.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Congrats on getting everything you wanted. We wish we had time to go to the Plaza next trip but we just won't have time:( We're trying to get a few places off our bucket list:happy:

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Congrats on getting everything you wanted. We wish we had time to go to the Plaza next trip but we just won't have time:( We're trying to get a few places off our bucket list:happy:

We fell in love with The Plaza. In 2012 when we last went we booked and went, did very little planning at all. I had no idea about FP, dining reservations, and only booked The Plaza because it was the only restaurant I could get. We had good food, good service, and I think it was the "Mayor" came in and visited tables and chatted with people. It was a lot of fun. And my husband LOVED the milkshakes.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Plans seem to always change, but for us its for the better! So dining has been cancelled and new ones added. We have the free quick service plan so we will be taking advantage of that offer! So Sunday we have BOG at 11:15. Monday is Coral Reef at 6:15. Tuesday is Sci-fi at 12:15. Wednesday we have BOG again at 8:15. Thursday I have left open, and Friday we have Skipper at 12:15. 80 days out now! Just trying to figure out the fast pass system and what to book. That is in just a few weeks for us now! We have never done the fast passes so I'm over thinking a lot!!

jrogue

Those autograph books are ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS OH MY GOODNESS!! :D Love them so much!!

Let me know if you need any help with making your FP+ reservations! I made them for the first time over the internet a couple of months ago, so it's all fresh in this good ol' noggin of mine. one thing I would definitely recommend (which helped me) is having your list of what times you want to do the attractions you are going to fastpass that way you can just go and book! certain things get booked up quickly, such as the 7 dwarves mine train and i am sure the new frozen ride!

MNSSHP is amazing. I did it for the first time with my boyfriend a few years ago and it was so much fun! Your kids will love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom