Pre-Trip We're finally going!! 17 days and counting....

Hi everyone! After months and month of planning and wishing, we're finally going to spend a long weekend at The World!! I've talked and talked about Disney until it became a swear word in my house! But now that it's a little over two week away, everyone is super excited.This is the first trip I've ever planned, so hopefully everything goes well, cause I'll have no one to blame. :hilarious: Here's the WHO, WHERE, WHEN, WHY of our trip:

WHO: Me (ms. Sunshine), Hubby, my 4 year old (aka ZuZu) and my MIL (Mom). Hubby and I took our first trip as a couple back in 2010 and haven't been back since. This is ZuZu's first trip to Disney and Mom hasn't been since like 1987 or something like that. Needless to say, its been awhile.:rolleyes:

WHERE: Staying at AKL. I've been ogling different resorts, and just decided on this one. I wanted a unique experience for everyone, and I've heard good things on here about it.

WHEN: July 13-17. Leaving after work. Our bags will be packed and loaded in the car. Hubby will pick me up from work and we're heading straight to Orlando (we're a few hours away;)).

WHY: Because why not? Also because we've had a really crappy past 6 months. Hubby and I we're in a car wreck (car was completely totaled), got rear ended (in the new car), I suffered a miscarriage on New Year's Eve (unrelated to the accident, but sucked even more). We definitely needed some magic.

Since we'll be on 4 year old time I'm trying not to overload the day's activities. I didn't make too many Fast Passes or ADRs, just a few character meals. I'll take suggestions if I'm missing out on anything:happy:. I'll post our daily activities after I put the kid to sleep.:banghead:

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Here's our plans for day 1:
Check in at AKL, grab a quick bite and settle in. We'll probably explore the resort for a bit and get a good nights sleep.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
ADR at Crystal Palace for breakfast
FP+ for Peter Pan
Quick Service Lunch
Try to find a good spot to catch the parade
ADR at Tony's for an early dinner

We're spending the entire day at MK. Zuzu only takes naps in school, so an umbrella stroller will be enough for her to take a power nap if she wants. Getting fast passes were tough since we booked so last minute, and I didn't want to be rushing all over trying to stick to a fast pass schedule. Between Mom and ZuZu, we won't get anywhere fast anyway.

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Day 3: Epcot

Realized I was not going to get a fast pass for Frozen. Watched the ride on YouTube, but did NOT show ZuZu, just in case.

No plans for breakfast (but open to suggestions)
FP+ for Turtle Talk w Crush
ADR at akershus for lunch

Didn't really plan much for Epcot, just seeing where the day takes us, but that could change. I actually haven't been to Epcot in quite some time, 20 years would not be an exaggeration.:hilarious:

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Day 4: Animal Kingdom

ADR at Tusker House for breakfast
FP+ for Festival of the Lion King
Quick Lunch at either Flame Tree or Harambe
ADR at Yak and Yeti for early dinner ( Mom says we eat dinner too late:p )

I'm not big on rides, so if it's a ride that ZuZu can't get on, then I probably won't want to ride it either:facepalm::happy:. I feel bad for hubby, but I just can't . Last time I went on splash mountain I thought I was gonna die:hilarious:.

LisaBelle

Your plans sound great. Best to take things easy and not pack too much in. Don't be afraid to take an afternoon break back at the resort. Sometimes it's just what you need to be recharged and ready to enjoy the magic.

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Your plans sound great. Best to take things easy and not pack too much in. Don't be afraid to take an afternoon break back at the resort. Sometimes it's just what you need to be recharged and ready to enjoy the magic.

Thanks! I think anything more would be too much for MIL and the little one. The two of them are slow as molasses. :hilarious:

Yelloweaver

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

ADR at Tusker House for breakfast
FP+ for Festival of the Lion King
Quick Lunch at either Flame Tree or Harambe
ADR at Yak and Yeti for early dinner ( Mom says we eat dinner too late:p )

I'm not big on rides, so if it's a ride that ZuZu can't get on, then I probably won't want to ride it either:facepalm::happy:. I feel bad for hubby, but I just can't . Last time I went on splash mountain I thought I was gonna die:hilarious:.

you could all ride Kilamanjaro Safari - why not FP for that?

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Just downloaded the MDE app, and I'm patiently waiting for the Seven Dwarf and Elsa Themed Ears I ordered off of Etsy:happy:. I also tweaked some fast passes. I even pre-recorded my Out of Office message at work. Excited much? :hilarious::p

DisneyPrincess5

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned-and a much needed one. AKL is a really beautiful, calming resort. Each day looks fun. Sounds like you've got realistic expectations of the pace you'll be going at!

Enjoy your vacation!

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Just got our minnie themed ears and picked up some cool disney tanks from Walmart. Guess which one I'll be wearing to Animal Kingdom? (no not the Inside Out one:hilarious:)
DSCN0162.JPG

Beckett

I hope you have a great trip! All your shirts are lovely! I wish they made that Inside Out shirt for adults! :inlove: I would also encourage you to keep searching for Frozen fastpasses. I had booked two for my daughter and I a month ago and then my mom decided to join us the very day we were going, and I was not only able to get her a fastpass, but I was also able to change them all to an earlier and better time so that we could all ride together! Same thing happened with Soarin ;)

prfctlyximprct

So excited for your trip! It will be amazing to be swept up into that bubble, especially when real life has been so rough. :( I always justify my Disney trips with this quote, "you can always make more money, but you can never make more time." Sometimes you just gotta live your life for the moment and throw your worries to the wind! Your plans sound awesome, can't wait to read more!!! :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm sorry for your loss. A WDW trip is just the balm you need ;)

AKL is a great resort. When I get to my September trip, I will have stayed at AKL 3 times in a row. :)

Love that Lion King tank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom