Pre-Trip We're Baaaaack! June 2015 Trip

After just recently discovering the forums, becoming totally obsessed/addicted to reading TRs, and a little encouragement from my fellow Disney-lovers.. I've decided to write my first Pre-Trip Report! So please be patient with me as I put it together. :)

When: June 7 - June 13, 2015
Where: All-Star Music Resort
Who:
I'm Brittany.. the brunette. :) This will be my 7th trip to WDW. I am 100% addicted to all things Disney- I've always loved the movies, characters, songs, etc. But I've just recently become "hardcore," if you will. ;) I'm the planner, organizer, researcher, insert similar titles here! I'll be 22 years young at the time of our trip.

My best friend, Heather, will be joining me. This will be our 3rd trip to WDW together, and her 3rd trip period! All of her Disney trips have been with me.. what a lucky gal she is. ;) We've been best friends since about age 4 and literally did everything together as kids. As big kids, we went to college together, student taught two doors down from each other, and continue to spend all of our free time together! Before I forget, she's the blonde in this picture, but has since switched over to the dark side… literally. So her appearance will be a little different in my Trip Report pictures. I'm very fortunate to have a best friend who just goes with the flow the way that she does… she never complains about my compulsive planning, and for that I am grateful. :) She'll be 24 years young at the time of our trip.

IMG_5631.JPG

We are both elementary teachers, the perfect excuse to act like the big kids that we are. ;) We usually get out of school for the summer a few weeks ahead of most other districts, so we're hopeful that we can miss the majority of the summer crowds.

This will be our first time staying on WDW property.. I actually stayed at AKL when I was a kid, but don't remember many of the things that I now know make staying on property so magical. We are honestly more excited to ride the Magical Express than I think anything else. :angelic: Every time I have to walk past the ME counter at MCO, I die a little inside. Fortunately, I won't be dealing with those feelings this time! Yes, we know we're weird. Case in point...

IMG_5910.jpg

We're those crazy ladies crying while watching the show at rope drop, skipping down Main Street USA hand in hand, and being all-around genuine goofballs! You'll realize rather quickly that we struggle to take "normal pictures." Hope you don't mind. ;)

IMG_5606.JPG

And then there's this little gem…

IMG_4973.jpg

I promise that we are not actually kissing.. I love her, but not quite that much. ;) I crack up every time that I look at this picture thanks to the little girl staring at us in the background… we get those looks often.

Anyway, our plans aren't set entirely in stone at this point in time. Right now, we have an 8:10am ADR at Crystal Palace on the first day of our trip (6/8) and a 6:25pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare on the last day of our trip (6/12). These are both new restaurants for us, so we're pretty excited about them!

We are tentatively planning to spend 3 days at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at Hollywood Studios. We want to start and end our trip at MK, simply because it just doesn't get anymore magical than that. :) I've done all of the parks, but Heather has never been to Epcot.

I think that's all for now! Thank you so much for reading! :inlove:

belle717

Hello from a fellow life-long Disney fanatic who's also just recently decided to jump into the community. :) I've been living vicariously through trip reports the last couple of days, so can't wait to follow along with yours. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

DisneyPrincess5

Aww you guys are awesome! Congrats on your upcoming trip-how exciting. I think you two will really enjoy Crystal Palace. Great food options at every meal, awesome characters, and the place is just beautiful. Very bright and welcoming. May I also suggest a meal at Liberty Tree Tavern given your possible 3 days at MK? Love that place.
I stayed at All Star Music as a kid when it was very new and have wonderful memories from that trip.

Have a wonderful time!

Billy6

Welcome to the forums! My family and I will there the exact same time as you and as I read your ADR picks, we have the same ADR at Crystal Palace too! Ours is 8:05 on the 8th!

We go down annually in June, during this week. Crowds tend to be a normal summer crowd, light early and packed but not killer later on... And it's hot!

But you'll have fun during this time of year!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hello from a fellow life-long Disney fanatic who's also just recently decided to jump into the community. :) I've been living vicariously through trip reports the last couple of days, so can't wait to follow along with yours. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Awe thank you so much! What a sweet thing to say. :) We will certainly try to keep you entertained!

Aww you guys are awesome! Congrats on your upcoming trip-how exciting. I think you two will really enjoy Crystal Palace. Great food options at every meal, awesome characters, and the place is just beautiful. Very bright and welcoming. May I also suggest a meal at Liberty Tree Tavern given your possible 3 days at MK? Love that place.
I stayed at All Star Music as a kid when it was very new and have wonderful memories from that trip.

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you! I'm really excited for the Crystal Palace. Character meals are so much fun and I'd like to try all of them at least once! I've heard great things about Liberty Tree Tavern.. I'm definitely looking forward to trying some new restaurants this trip and having 3 days at MK allows us to do some experimenting. So maybe we'll give LTT a try! Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Welcome to the forums! My family and I will there the exact same time as you and as I read your ADR picks, we have the same ADR at Crystal Palace too! Ours is 8:05 on the 8th!

We go down annually in June, during this week. Crowds tend to be a normal summer crowd, light early and packed but not killer later on... And it's hot!

But you'll have fun during this time of year!

Thanks!! Oh my gosh, how crazy! If you see us, please say hi! I'll try to keep my eyes pealed, but I tend to get a little distracted when characters are involved. ;) Our last trip was in August 2014, so we know all about Florida and its summer crowds and heat. However, it's impossible to not have an amazing time in Disney so all of that ends up being so insignificant in the grand scheme of things!

FlaggNL

hej there! Great plans, but hej 7th trip and no trip reports from earlier ones :) Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the pre feelings!!

mrdrift

I would have to say that both of you really have a magical time in the parks. The picture with the fake kiss just shows everyone to loosen up, have fun and to be a kids again. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, I can tell that your trip report is going to be really fun to read. Will be watching for more details.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Your pictures are so adorable! :)

Thank you!! :)

hej there! Great plans, but hej 7th trip and no trip reports from earlier ones :) Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the pre feelings!!

I really wish I would have written trip reports on my more recent ones, but better late than never… right? :) Thank you!!

I would have to say that both of you really have a magical time in the parks. The picture with the fake kiss just shows everyone to loosen up, have fun and to be a kids again. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, I can tell that your trip report is going to be really fun to read. Will be watching for more details.

We have a blast! We have no problem being kids, whether at WDW or not. ;) Thank you so much for your kind words!

FlaggNL

I really wish I would have written trip reports on my more recent ones, but better late than never… right? :) Thank you!!

You're very welcome! And like you said better late than never :) And by the time you get back in June you might please us with a TR :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I have a bit of news to share with everyone - it's just a little teensy bit exciting….

WE HAVE OFFICIALLY REACHED DOUBLE DIGITS IN OUR COUNTDOWN TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D 99 more days to go! I'm just a tad excited. Not too much though. You can tell, right?

On another note… I attempted to book lunch reservations at Be Our Guest on the 25th (at 6am might I add!) when they became available. Although there were a ton of tables available, I could not get the site to let me finalize a reservation. I think the amount of people that were on the website at that time probably was what caused all of the issues. So no lunch reservations for us. :(

HOWEVER!!!!!

I logged back on later in the day to try again, thinking things may run a little smoother since less people were probably on at that time. To my absolute delight, I was able to find a DINNER reservation! That's right.. DINNER! I've been stalking the website for months in hopes of finding one to no avail. Somebody must have decided to give up their dinner slot for a lunch spot or something. So we will be dining at Be Our Guest at 5:15pm on June 11th. :joyfull: Beauty and the Beast is my favorite [original] Disney movie. I often feel conflicted, because I'm a total Frozen fanatic. But, Belle has always been my girl and I feel like I'm "cheating" on her with Anna and Elsa. All of that being said... I can't believe I'm going to meet the Beast! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'm so grateful that I found the forums and have people to share this seemingly irrational excitement with. Non-Disney freaks just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Hawkeyegirl

I can't wait to read about more of your trip planning. I also just joined this forum and reading all these trip reports makes me ready to start planning the next trip!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I can't wait to read about more of your trip planning. I also just joined this forum and reading all these trip reports makes me ready to start planning the next trip!

Thank you! I'm thankful that I already had a trip in the planning stages when I found the forums. It's going to be so incredibly difficult to read about other people's planning once I'm back home from my trip! The only thing that makes leaving Disney a little bit easier is having a date in mind that you will be returning. But, I suppose living vicariously through everybody else's excitement may help with my Disney blues. ;)

Its awesome you got BoG dinner! We will be there 6/2 - 6/10 so if you see me yell out "hi Minty!"

I'm soooo excited and feel extremely lucky to have gotten one! I will certainly do that, please say hello if you see us too! I think it would be so neat to meet some forum friends in real life in the happiest place on Earth! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom