Well we received our MB's from UPS and...

ddrongowski

Original Poster
These things are very uncomfortable! DW, DS and I all agree they are uncomfortable. Now mind you DS and I wear wrist watches every day, and DW wears bracelets every day, and are very used to having something on our wrists. But with the way they did the band is rubs on the wrist bone badly. They should not have put the molded angle in the band were it goes from the electronics to the band part, it should be a much more shallow angle or left out completely. We did discover that if we if we put the electronic part on the bottom of our wrist it is ok.

As a addendum: Both the DW and I can see that many many MB's are going to be "lost" by children, as it only has 2 little rubber nubs that clasp the band closed. Nothing like a watch band, so I guess Disney will be making lots in replacement MB's.

I envision parents with multiple bands on their bodies, or bands attached to strollers.

Last edited:

agorna

These things are very uncomfortable! DW, DS and I all agree they are uncomfortable. Now mind you DS and I wear wrist watches every day, and DW wears bracelets every day, and are very used to having something on our wrists. But with the way they did the band is rubs on the wrist bone badly. They should not have put the molded angle in the band were it goes from the electronics to the band part, it should be a much more shallow angle or left out completely. We did discover that if we if we put the electronic part on the bottom of our wrist it is ok.
I've heard from many people that you have to "break" them in.. wear them around for a while and the plastic will warm with your body heat and become more flexible and actually mold to your wrist

best of luck!

Tom

Beta Return

Mine will be carried in my pocket or on a belt loop. I don't wear watches and can't stand having things on my wrists.

ddrongowski

Original Poster
I've heard from many people that you have to "break" them in.. wear them around for a while and the plastic will warm with your body heat and become more flexible and actually mold to your wrist

best of luck!
I think "many people" is/are lying to you.:) I do not see how my body temp 98.6F is ever going to be hot enough to cause hard plastic to become supple.:confused: The strap is rubber/silicone, but the part that encases the electronics is hard plastic on the bottom side.

agorna

I think "many people" is/are lying to you.:) I do not see how my body temp 98.6F is ever going to be hot enough to cause hard plastic to become supple.:confused: The strap is rubber/silicone, but the part that encases the electronics is hard plastic on the bottom side.
I'd imagine its just like buying a cheap sports watch from Walmart or somewhere.. I know the one I wear to work was uncomfortable at first but now it's bent and fits my wrist very nicely

ddrongowski

Original Poster
the "many people" consists of five people I have personally talked to via this site as well as other reviews I've read online and seen on youtube
Like this youtube video?

Very interesting comment she makes since polypropylene's melting point is
130–171 °C (266–340 °F). Hope people aren't getting that hot. I hope she is talking about the rubber silicone band part and not the plastic part (where a watch body would normally be). In the video were the names are printed on the band is rigid hard plastic.

Last edited:

agorna

Like this youtube video?

Very interesting comment she makes since polypropylene's melting point is
130–171 °C (266–340 °F). Hope people aren't getting that hot. I hope she is talking about the rubber silicone band part and not the plastic part (where a watch body would normally be). In the video were the names are printed on the band is rigid hard plastic.

lol I actually have not seen that one , interesting

well personally I hope they do eventually become comfortable... or maybe our wrists will just get calluses on them and we will no longer feel the band :-D

Bairstow

Mine was uncomfortable for the first day, but by the second I didn't notice it.
Most of the time I found it was more comfortable to let the electronics bulge turn so that it was at the side of my wrist rather than on top, like a watch.
Finally, it popped off twice on my last day there when picking up luggage or cleaning up the room. I suppose it was trying to get me to stay at Disney longer.

UberPlannerMom

Mine was uncomfortable for the first day, but by the second I didn't notice it.
Most of the time I found it was more comfortable to let the electronics bulge turn so that it was at the side of my wrist rather than on top, like a watch.
Finally, it popped off twice on my last day there when picking up luggage or cleaning up the room. I suppose it was trying to get me to stay at Disney longer.
It worries me that it popped off of an adults wrist. What hope do I have of it staying on my overly active child? He will probably sit and pop it on and off a million times no matter what I say to him so I guess good luck to me. Can anyone think of any way to secure it better?

ddrongowski

Original Poster
It worries me that it popped off of an adults wrist. What hope do I have of it staying on my overly active child? He will probably sit and pop it on and off a million times no matter what I say to him so I guess good luck to me. Can anyone think of any way to secure it better?
We think we came up with a fix for this issue.
1. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get the double sided Velcro straps. Like these http://www.lowes.com/pd_319820-388-...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=velcro+staps&facetInfo=
2. Make it into a loop by sliding the tongue thru the slot, so it will fit on the band part of the MB bracelet.
3. Put the MB bracelet on and fasten, then tighten the Velcro loop up around the MB locking nubs.
Think of it this way, you know how a belt has the loop to hold down the extra, or a traditional watch band has a loop. Also if you get the right Velcro it is very soft so it will not irritate your skin.

ddrongowski

Original Poster
If you're wearing shorts/pants with belt loops just put it through one of your belt loops.
That might be a bad idea, as there are only two little rubber nubs that hold the band closed. Get it snagged once or twice and they will probably rip right off. Attaching it to a 550 cord loop, that is connected to a belt loop, and putting in a pocket is probably a better idea. This is what I do with the car keys while I am at the parks.

NowInc

I wore one for 3 days in 90+ degree weather and never once felt they were uncomfortable. I think everyone's mileage will vary on this one. My only real complaint is some FP+ stations don't have readers on both sides of the que forcing an odd "cross over" reach to use one if your band is on the "wrong" wrist.

agorna

I wore one for 3 days in 90+ degree weather and never once felt they were uncomfortable. I think everyone's mileage will vary on this one. My only real complaint is some FP+ stations don't have readers on both sides of the que forcing an odd "cross over" reach to use one if your band is on the "wrong" wrist.
what is the "right" wrist??

agorna

image.jpg

my band just came in, I've been wearing it for about thirty mins or so and I don even notice it's on... the part I struggled with the most was trying to get it on by myself

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom