Trip Report We'll Do As Dreamers Do... *COMPLETED*

Another fall has arrived at Walt Disney World, and so have we! For our 4th annual September trip, we returned to the basics that we fell in love with. A lot of resort hopping, getting a little wet at the water parks, and food (snack credits...so many...help!) It was a wonderful 9 days, and I can't believe I have room in my heart to love Disney even more, each and every time. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing these. Let the memories begin!

The cast: My husband, J, and I. People call us Mickey & Minnie. ;)

Travel dates: September 3rd - September 11th, staying at All Star Music.

Pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/weve-fall-in-in-love.913624/

We began with the earliest flight I could possibly find, getting us into the promised land at 8:30 AM. Win! With a speedy check-in at All Star Music, we were off to Animal Kingdom...Lodge!
002.JPG

For the first time ever, we decided to take an entire non-park day to fulfill a bunch of dreams that we've always had on our bucketlist. We did so on our first day because it was the Saturday of a holiday weekend and hoped to avoid the crowds that way.
010.JPG

It definitely felt weird not heading straight to a park to begin the trip, but I really did appreciate the relaxing start. Just us and a quiet, beautiful morning sky at AKL.
009.JPG

Still in awe at how unique of an experience it must be to stay at AKL. It will be done in this lifetime!
017.JPG

On the way to 'breakfast' at The Mara (yup, I'm already talking about food), we passed by this beautiful waterfall area that I didn't notice the last time we were here. I was instantly wowed - the reality of it is that Disney can truly transport me to another place.
019.JPG

The Mara is the perfect stop for breakfast, because the perfect breakfast is...
021.JPG

Zebra Domes! Been absolutely CRAVING these for the past two years, and the time has finally come. It was everything I had hoped it would be.
025.JPG

J points out that I look ridiculous when photographing my food, but I needed to remember this moment.
026.JPG

We sat by the pool and snacked, not truly believing that we were here yet. It always takes a while to sink in, but what is perceived as mere decoration and foliage always mean something a little more to me.
029.JPG

The day had started off cool, but you could already feel that Florida heat doing work. Not fully acclimated yet, we retreated to the great indoors of Jambo House to look around some more.
014.JPG

Next stop...Kidani Village!

LeighM

Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides. People are missing out!
View attachment 166870
I look like a dog sighting squirrels on this ride. My head is flipping from left to right as to not miss a thing.
View attachment 166884
I just wanna yell, CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN?
View attachment 166885
Every time I ride this, I think about how much my parents and brother would love it. I hope they will come back to Disney with us someday!

Living with the Land is my favorite ride in EPCOT. We did the Behind the Seeds tour for the first time on our most recent trip a few weeks ago and we loved it!!!!! It also helped that my husband and I were the only two on the tour :D It felt like we were on a VIP tour lol. If you love the ride, I highly recommend you do the tour.

belledream

Original Poster
Living with the Land is my favorite ride in EPCOT. We did the Behind the Seeds tour for the first time on our most recent trip a few weeks ago and we loved it!!!!! It also helped that my husband and I were the only two on the tour :D It felt like we were on a VIP tour lol. If you love the ride, I highly recommend you do the tour.
I have done it, as a kid! Haha yeah, I think I was like 10 when my parents took us on it. I vaguely remember parts of it, but yes, totally agree, should do it again sometime. Maybe I'll take MY parents on the tour to repay them since they love this kind of stuff. One day! :)

PineapplePrincess

Thank you for your enthusiasm and vivid descriptions. It really makes me feel like I am there with you, and it's a good reminder to everyone to take in every detail while you're there.

belledream

Original Poster
Thank you for your enthusiasm and vivid descriptions. It really makes me feel like I am there with you, and it's a good reminder to everyone to take in every detail while you're there.
So happy to hear that! That's the main reason why I write these, so I can relive the days and nights over and over again. :) Just want everyone to truly enjoy Disney for what it is...not just what it "has".

belledream

Original Poster
There has been so many new developments to Disney Springs, and they keep on coming (it seems like) every day, in huge waves or numbers. We really had no idea what to expect for our evening here, so we went in with an open book, ready to just see where the wind took us.
P1020313.JPG

Our first stop was at the Coca-Cola Store.
P1020314.JPG

Upon entering, J made his first observation of "Who would buy this kind of junk?" I love his blunt honesty.
P1020315.JPG

As we browsed through the merchandise, trying on silly polar bear hats and just getting our eyes to adapt to the lack of Mickey Mouse around, we then decided to make our way to the rooftop beverage bar, just for the views.
P1020318.JPG

We had last visited Downtown Disney for a day last year on a non-Disney trip, and the amount of construction was crazy! Still more to come, I see.
P1020319.JPG

We journeyed out to find some grub. Initially, we had planned a reservation at Morimoto's, but decided against it in the interest of time and trying other options we would less likely indulge in at home. So, when we happened upon a little booth called YeSake, we decided to start there.
P1020322.JPG

Because, you know, it's totally different from Morimoto.
P1020320.JPG

Ah well, all's well that ends well, because the Beef Yakiniku was DELISH! Korean BBQ beef, flavorfully-infused, with a touch of pickled ginger. We sat behind the booth in a little corridor and munched on this together, laughing about how silly we must look. Hey, shade and sitting was needed after the day we had!
P1020323.JPG

With one 'meal' under our belt, we moved on to a place I actually recognized...West Side. The hustle and bustle of the place was just beginning.
P1020327.JPG

But across Lake Buena Vista, Saratoga Springs looking lovely and serene as ever.
P1020328.JPG

We have yet to find the time to visit any of the DTD area resorts, but would love to in the future. Uncharted territory that will need to be in the books sometime!

belledream

Original Poster
Characters in Flight is something we've always been eyeing and actually determining that yes, we are going to do this, and every time we go, it's down due to high winds. I think the desire has slightly been waning, but it does make a pretty landmark for Disney Springs.
P1020329.JPG

We meandered through West Side, but not really bothering to stop anywhere. The wind, atmosphere, and highs of today were engulfing us in a hakuna-matata, just-enjoy-the-moment state of mind.
P1020331.JPG

We then happened upon one of the most wonderful sights we had seen in the World thus far. Nestled somewhere in between The Landing and Town Center was this incredibly beautiful lake. It took my breath away. I did not expect to see something so simple yet simply stunning.
P1020332.JPG

We lingered for quite some time as I let my eyes drink in the beauty of the water...still, yet shimmering in all shades of aqua and blue.
P1020333.JPG

The floating lanterns just filled me up with love. It was a cross of the Poly lobby and Under the Sea and it totally fit.
P1020337.JPG

Earlier while we were at YeSake, I had been wondering what that upscale-looking building across the bridge was. It turned out to be STK Orlando. Lookin' mighty fine.
P1020338.JPG

I was surprised J wasn't getting all up in arms about a new, extravagant steakhouse (in fact, I believe his interest was expressed as 'nahhh').
P1020339.JPG

But my incredulity was abated when we reached Cookes of Dublin and he declared his allegiance to a fried hamburger.
P1020340.JPG

We used that leftover QS credit from our Epcot day to split a Battered Burger & Chips, and a Raspberry Lemon Parfait. The burger was most interesting, and J was over the moon about it. I can mostly only describe it as a crunchy burger. The parfait was sweet and a bit sour (lemon-sour, not old yogurt sour), but it was a good pick-me-up, for while we were sitting outside in the cooling air eating, I was feeling pretty sleepy!
P1020341.JPG

Cookes of Dublin was a great choice for the evening. Even though we took a peek inside Morimoto Asia and saw how cool the interior looked, I much preferred our laid-back, silly venture into fried food haven.
P1020346.JPG

Believe it or not, we were stuffed. After a whole day of water park exertion, that one temaki and half a burger/parfait combo really stretched my stomach to the limits. But would that stop us from eating?

Minnesota disney fan

Hi OP. Just a note on the Balloon ride in DS. My husband and our adult daughter tried it last year, after wanting to do just that for a while. I am a chicken so stayed on the ground. When my daughter got off, she was shaking and white. It was not windy at all. She wanted to stand by her dad while on the balloon, but you have to stand apart and spaced around the balloon. She got kind of scared being way up there and standing alone. So just be ware that you won't be able to stand by your man, LOL.

belledream

Original Poster
Hi OP. Just a note on the Balloon ride in DS. My husband and our adult daughter tried it last year, after wanting to do just that for a while. I am a chicken so stayed on the ground. When my daughter got off, she was shaking and white. It was not windy at all. She wanted to stand by her dad while on the balloon, but you have to stand apart and spaced around the balloon. She got kind of scared being way up there and standing alone. So just be ware that you won't be able to stand by your man, LOL.
LOL! Thank you for the heads up. ;) Not afraid of wind or heights, but that does sound kind of awkward, haha! Honestly, the darn thing is closed every time we go, I've just about given up. :p

belledream

Original Poster
Though we were stuffed, it did not stop us from venturing across a bridge and ending up inside Sprinkles. Who can resist an overpriced, name-brand, picture-worthy cupcake on vacation? Not I! What should we choose, what should we choose?
P1020347.JPG

We agreed on vanilla (let's face it - our stomachs were not up to anything crazier!) I asked for the one with the sprinkle on top, thinking it'd be, you know, the iconic sprinkle, but got one covered in a lot of sprinkles.
P1020348.JPG

We ventured over to Town Center to really begin our sightseeing tour of this new place called Disney Springs.
P1020356.JPG

I was very shocked. I felt like I was pulled from the Disney World and placed back into the real world. But a nice real world where everything is pretty. I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would...I classified it more as 'weird'.
P1020357.JPG

We walked along, not really stopping to dive into any of the shops, and instead enjoy the new sights. Even if it was weird, it was all quite pretty. Can I also just mention how disoriented I was? I had no idea where this was in the old Downtown Disney!
P1020358.JPG

New fountains!!! They just kept getting bigger and grander too.
P1020359.JPG

One shop we did spend some quality time in was UNIQLO. We had first discovered the brand on a trip to New York and were intrigued by the quality and value if their clothing, and there was surprisingly no exception here at Disney Springs. And of course, the fact that they had Disney-specific merchandise provided a very compelling reason to spend a lot of time looking around.
P1020360.JPG

Ramen and sushi...two of our favorites.
P1020364.JPG

It was pretty awesome. I knew J was in an odd sort of happy place. I tried to convince him that buying a shirt here would be a worthy souvenir and he considered, but we still stuck to our window-shopping guns and just enjoyed this newfangled extension of visiting Disney Springs.
P1020366.JPG

As we finished walking through Town Center, we happened upon the more familiar territory of the Marketplace. However, Amorette's Patisserie was new and bound to have more of those lovely photogenic treats, so we popped in. These things are too pretty to eat, and that's a good thing since 1) if I ate anything else I would burst and 2) those cakes are a hefty 65 dollars or so!
P1020367.JPG

But I mean, they are quite beautiful and works of art, so I ain't even mad.

belledream

Original Poster
There's the Downtown Disney I know and love! Oh World of Disney, you are such a delight. When I walk in, I am immediately transported to a whole new world of sparkles, fairytales, and friendly faces.
P1020368.JPG

Princess Belle! She is beautiful, but she is also intelligent and caring. I adore her. I also love all the different castles on the walls.
P1020369.JPG

The dazzling new world I was referencing above. Seriously, my eyes don't know where to look and it almost feels like I never have enough time to capture all the details!
P1020371.JPG

This is what I do when I visit World of Disney.
P1020372.JPG

Also noticed this awesome homage to Be Our Guest behind one of the checkout counters. Such a festive and lively scene - I cannot get enough! From the drink flowing from the mugs to china pattern of the plates...every piece is so iconic.
P1020374.JPG

Even though my angle is off a bit, we laughed at poor Pluto getting a surprise from a crab, and his brother Goofy surfing the waves.
P1020375.JPG

Speaking of Goofy and Pluto, we had seen this Pluto magnet all around the parks and loved it, for me had similar Mickey and Minnie ones. But for some reason, we had yet to see Goofy, so we didn't buy it. However, we did see Goofy at Beach Haus in Blizzard Beach (of all places!) so we bought him there, and knew we'd find Pluto somewhere! Here they are! Interesting how that all works.
P1020376.JPG

As we stepped outside World of Disney, it was clear that night was falling fast. We stopped to look in the LEGO Store as is tradition...
P1020377.JPG

...$349.99 of sore fingers and potential to step on these painful things, but totally worthy of our time and efforts nonetheless!
P1020378.JPG

Back outside, I became obsessed with the creativity and abstractness of this window display. The golden color at night was simply lovely.
P1020379.JPG

It was all just beginning!

belledream

Original Poster
I assume this is what an adult who loves Disney's home is supposed to look like. Mine, however, looks more like World of Disney. There is something I really like about this though, and may be mildly inspired to rethink my style in the future...
P1020380.JPG

We moved onto to Basin, where the aroma of all things bath and body, bombs, soaps, salts, butter, and the like, live.
P1020383.JPG

I just enjoy the colorful layout.
P1020382.JPG

And Disney themed items!!! But let's be honest, I would never use these...they are too pretty and precious.
P1020381.JPG

Was so happy to see this Mickey topiary fountain here and looking just how I remembered it. There's this adorable photo of my baby brother and I here when we were young. And last year, we were able to spend a day at Downtown Disney together with my dad, and we recreated the photo. So thankful for that moment, since we hadn't been to Disney as a family in a long time.
P1020384.JPG

Arribas Brothers was our next stop. I told J, do not touch anything.
P1020385.JPG

The sun had set over Lake Buena Vista and all was blissful as we sat under the sparkling trees, listening to the trendy, slightly futuristic music loop of Disney classics. The one that really stuck out to me was Colors of the Wind. As it played, I stared at the waning sunset and illuminated tree above me, and just cherished the moment.
P1020386.JPG

After some time, we walked into the Marketplace Co-Op to see some unique displays and merch.
P1020389.JPG

Not just one shop, but multiple, and it really feels almost more like a museum rather than a bunch of shops.
P1020390.JPG

So you know that that means...
P1020391.JPG

...more eye candy coming right up!

belledream

Original Poster
We first popped into Disney TAG, where you can find travel accessories and gear in everyone's favorite styles...DISNEY! This is what I mean by feeling like we were in a museum. Luggage, tags, and all sorts of travel items were displayed in an airplane. How cool is that?!
P1020392.JPG

Over in WonderGround Gallery were tons of adorable paintings that if I opened the door for one, I'd end up with all of them, I just settled for pictures.
P1020393.JPG

So nice to see Up represented. Dug is the cutest ever and reminds me of my beautiful Golden.
P1020394.JPG

I must be feeling sentimental, with the story of love, life, and letting go in Up, and then the sheer amount of love I have in my heart for both Lilo and Stitch, who were our MNSSHP costume inspirations.
P1020395.JPG

And Mulan! How lovely is this painting?
P1020396.JPG

Cherry Tree Lane had everything a Disney-obsessed lady needs! This Dooney & Burke is one of my favorites yet! Boy did I have fun browsing the impeccably-kept stands of jewelry, hats, and bags.
P1020397.JPG

But I must be getting old because I enjoyed myself way more in Disney Centerpiece, all things uniquely Disney for the house and home. Clothes and accessories don't excite me as much as plates and wall hangings anymore?!
P1020398.JPG

That was an amazing venture into the Co-Op! First time I think we've spent quality time looking at everything that is offered there. Back outside to total nightfall now, but a look at those sparkling trees I love so much:
P1020399.JPG

And inside Tren-D, as always, there was a lot to see, both on the racks and off.
P1020401.JPG

Could we dress like this every day?
P1020400.JPG

Shopping at Disney is fun.

belledream

Original Poster
Another store we all know and love...Once Upon a Toy!
P1020402.JPG

The moment I walk in, I am filled with some kind of dynamic energy that makes me feel like a kid again. The machine moving pieces and toys above our heads, the blast from the past of 'oh yeah, I remember these toys!'
P1020403.JPG

Outside, I dared J to run through this area and see if he got wet. He declined.
P1020405.JPG

One of the reasons we were excited to come to Disney Springs this year was to make a visit to Goofy's Candy Co.
P1020409.JPG

Our baby Goofy always tells us to visit his candy company and support him and his best employee, little brother Pluto.
P1020411.JPG

Best part about this sign: No "Goofy" odors.
P1020412.JPG

J always asks him why he can't get free candy and Goofy says, "It comes off my books!"
P1020413.JPG

Such a smart boy. We rewarded him by buying a bag of Sour Gummi Worms. As we left, J and I both looked at each other and came to synchronized realizations that we are letting our love for our Pook a looz babies make us spend actual money.
P1020415.JPG

But no worries, it's Disney Days of Christmas!!!
P1020417.JPG

Again, paying attention to window displays at Disney is highly worth it.
P1020418.JPG

Time to pay a visit? I think so!

belledream

Original Poster
Bringing back wonderful memories of our wedding and how much we are loved by our family and friends...since you know, we own a good amount of this stuff.
P1020419.JPG

I dream of a seeing the holidays at Disney again sometime...
P1020420.JPG

I also dream that I own all of these and can bake like that!
P1020421.JPG

Again with the sophisticated Disney...how do I achieve???
P1020422.JPG

At this point, we were officially beat. J remembered there was a bus stop at Marketplace, so we were relieved we wouldn't have to walk all the way back to Town Center and West Side area. But it appears he was mistaken because there was no bus stop, and we DID walk all the way back!
P1020423.JPG

It was more than alright though, as I passed this window display and literally stopped in my tracks. Oh the tales of whimsicality and imagination this portrays! I love it so so much, and glad we caught it at night.
P1020425.JPG

Back past some impressive LEGO displays...we'd be riding this again tomorrow! We often find ourselves in meaningless discussions like, 'Do you think the inside is hollow or filled? Filled with what?'
P1020426.JPG

We strolled through Town Center, which had transformed during night as well.
P1020429.JPG

I guess I can say I like it now. I see why it's appealing to many guests. Not everyone wants to only see and buy items emblazoned with Mickey Mouses and they may need a break every once in a while. If there's anything in it for me, the architecture is certainly easy on the eyes, and it makes for a pleasant stroll.
P1020430.JPG

We had stumbled upon this contraption earlier and had no idea what it was nor how to operate it, but after seeing a few people do it, J gave it a try...working that crank and turning the corkscrew so that water poured out. Huh.
P1020435.JPG

Wowwee, what (another) day! As we walked back down the streets of Broadway, we recounted how much new fun we had today. From sliding down some ski slopes to being engulfed in tropical waves to the unique boutiques and general wonderment of this new place, we had one of the most wonderful days ever. It was truly fun to experience all of this together, with perfect weather and limitless opportunities. Feelin' really lucky.

belledream

Original Poster
Can it be? Are we really on the sunset side of our fallvacation at Walt Disney World? You know what that means then...we have to make every minute count. And so we shall! It's 7:45 AM and I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A.!
002.JPG

It was one of those blue mornings, not gray or foggy. Translation: it was more beautiful than ever!
006.JPG

It was a peaceful morning.
008.JPG

I've come to realize that I love looking at places from afar on this trip. Usually always focused on the closeups, but there's something so gratifying about seeing them from a distance now.
009.JPG

Of course, they are still magnificent up close and deserve the utmost attention. Arched windows...my heart!
010.JPG

This fountain makes my wishes come true!
012.JPG

Castle Couture...the absolute perfect name for this shop.
013.JPG

All together now...
014.JPG

Cherishing these moments and the untouched beauty of Fantasyland.
015.JPG

But soon, we were off. Second star to the right, and straight on til morning!
017.JPG

Ready? Here we goooo!

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
After our journey into Neverland, I decided I wanted to peek inside Princess Fairytale Hall, for I realized, I've never actually seen the main queue because we had always visited via FP. It seems right down my alley of interests, doesn't it? So how come it's never been done before? That would have to change.
019.JPG

Sorry for the pictures, for real. I was in a haste of excitement and was paying more attention to actually being there that I didn't notice these turned out so badly. However, I think you get the point. It's quite regal.
020.JPG

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the portraits of each princess.
021.JPG

Definitely worth it to come back and get better pictures next time.
023.JPG

I loved all the lighting fixtures, the curtains and drapery, and the detail in the ceiling.
024.JPG

In short, it was all fit for a princess.
025.JPG

We walked by Winnie the Pooh where I admired the fence made of poohsticks.
026.JPG

Annnd we crawled into Pooh's house for ours and your viewing pleasures. Reminds me of the cardboard toy Pooh house I used to practically live in during my childhood.
028.JPG

J classifies the Speedway as a ride he will not ride unless there is literally a 0 minute wait, so it was pretty much now or never.
030.JPG

Hey, I like it just fine. The morning air helps with the congestion...and it's fun to shake my fist at J in anger when the ride isn't particularly smooth.
033.JPG

Driving together of course. Because driving sucks.

belledream

Original Poster
More views along our the way...
040.JPG

Oh to be young, wild, and freely joyriding at...5 mph.
041.JPG

And as usual, we embarked on our Tomorrowland morning rituals...heading to Buzz first.
042.JPG

Eerily empty.
043.JPG

This picture is randomly slated in my files and I have no idea where/what angle I took it from? Blue Ride? I like it though!
045.JPG

Ahh, there's that Florida sun!
046.JPG

J is insistent on calling this a lamp. No, it is not a lamp. It is a tree!!!
049.JPG

Space Mountain mornings...my favorite!
050.JPG

This sight never gets old. I just feel so giddy. Running away now!
051.JPG

The sound of rickety tracks quickening with the pace of my heart.
052.JPG

We are one, Space Mountain.

belledream

Original Poster
I just want to take a moment and make an appreciation post about Main Street.
053.JPG

The Cinderella Castle may be the focal point of the Magic Kingdom...
054.JPG

...but there is so much unheralded beauty surrounding you from beginning to end of Main Street, U.S.A.
058.JPG

The unique and corresponding pumpkin carving designs sitting atop each of the shops.
059.JPG

The way everything is framed and laid out so that it's more than a street. It is a street with limitless possibilities for food, shopping, or mere exploration, as we are doing now.
061.JPG

Foliage, enhanced even more thanks to Fall at WDW. But even without it, it would be quite lovely.
062.JPG

Notice the different attributes to each structure...each has it's own individual personality and flair. From bottom to top.
064.JPG

And it's not just about what you see and what's being catered to you. There's a whole 'nother life and a whole 'nother story right on the second floor!
068.JPG

And lastly, the music. It can make you want to get up and dance, subconsciously swing arms with the person you're locked hands with, feel totally okay eating that ginormous cupcake for breakfast, and wonder why your cheeks hurt so hard from grinning.
069.JPG

There's beauty everywhere here. It's a happy place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom