Trip Report We'll Do As Dreamers Do... *COMPLETED*

Another fall has arrived at Walt Disney World, and so have we! For our 4th annual September trip, we returned to the basics that we fell in love with. A lot of resort hopping, getting a little wet at the water parks, and food (snack credits...so many...help!) It was a wonderful 9 days, and I can't believe I have room in my heart to love Disney even more, each and every time. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing these. Let the memories begin!

The cast: My husband, J, and I. People call us Mickey & Minnie. ;)

Travel dates: September 3rd - September 11th, staying at All Star Music.

Pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/weve-fall-in-in-love.913624/

We began with the earliest flight I could possibly find, getting us into the promised land at 8:30 AM. Win! With a speedy check-in at All Star Music, we were off to Animal Kingdom...Lodge!
002.JPG

For the first time ever, we decided to take an entire non-park day to fulfill a bunch of dreams that we've always had on our bucketlist. We did so on our first day because it was the Saturday of a holiday weekend and hoped to avoid the crowds that way.
010.JPG

It definitely felt weird not heading straight to a park to begin the trip, but I really did appreciate the relaxing start. Just us and a quiet, beautiful morning sky at AKL.
009.JPG

Still in awe at how unique of an experience it must be to stay at AKL. It will be done in this lifetime!
017.JPG

On the way to 'breakfast' at The Mara (yup, I'm already talking about food), we passed by this beautiful waterfall area that I didn't notice the last time we were here. I was instantly wowed - the reality of it is that Disney can truly transport me to another place.
019.JPG

The Mara is the perfect stop for breakfast, because the perfect breakfast is...
021.JPG

Zebra Domes! Been absolutely CRAVING these for the past two years, and the time has finally come. It was everything I had hoped it would be.
025.JPG

J points out that I look ridiculous when photographing my food, but I needed to remember this moment.
026.JPG

We sat by the pool and snacked, not truly believing that we were here yet. It always takes a while to sink in, but what is perceived as mere decoration and foliage always mean something a little more to me.
029.JPG

The day had started off cool, but you could already feel that Florida heat doing work. Not fully acclimated yet, we retreated to the great indoors of Jambo House to look around some more.
014.JPG

Next stop...Kidani Village!

belledream

Original Poster
One last ride on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
104.JPG
Thanks for every moment of bliss, relaxation, and happiness you provide us.
105.JPG

We wandered to the Frontierland shops, soaking in the music and the joyfulness of feeling free at Disney World.
110.JPG

Absolutely perfect decoration in both the exterior and interior of the shops.
111.JPG

Hidden Mickey or not? Honestly, this trip has just confused me in terms of how to define a Hidden Mickey anymore!
113.JPG

We wouldn't be riding Splash Mountain today, as we didn't want to be smelly for the trip home, but we were fine with just observing from afar on this beautiful day.
115.JPG

In Adventureland, we saw our CM friend again. We tried to convince her to let us get her a snack with one of our remaining snack credits, but she declined. Never thought I'd have a surplus of something related to food at Disney!
116.JPG

Final ride on Pirates of the Caribbean. We fell in love with you even more this year, Pirates.
117.JPG

The foliage was lookin' mighty nice in Adventureland.
118.JPG

Natural details are the best.
121.JPG

Our time in the World was winding down, but we still had time for one more ride, maybe a snack, and a treasured walk down Main Street, U.S.A.

belledream

Original Poster
We found ourselves back at Big Top Treats, desperate to use up the last of our snack credits, but honestly feeling so overwhelmed by how richly we ate these past 9 days, that even the most frosting-topped, sparkly cupcake wasn't appealing to us. Then we spotted something different - something that we wouldn't have given a second thought to ever before. A chocolate covered pineapple on a stick. Perfect! A sweet treat, but juicy and fruity in a way that we haven't really had yet.
123.JPG

One last glance at Seven Dwarves Mine Train as we departed Storybook Circus and New Fantasyland...
125.JPG

Our last ride would be a classic one: Space Mountain. I will forever hold dear in my heart, the adrenaline rush of the queue, boarding the ride, and waiting in wonder as we take off up those rickety tracks. I love you!
126.JPG

And just like that, we were back in front of the Cinderella Castle. This beauty has been the landmark and centerpiece wherever we looked these last nine days. My eyes are feasted on every detail, welled up with tears, my heart has skipped beats, I have had moments where I left nothing but peace and serenity...it means everything to me.
130.JPG

We walked down Main Street, hand in hand, taking one last glance at shop windows, feeling...happy! That's right, I actually felt happy. Happy at our good fortune during this trip, counting our blessings, and feeling complete and wholesome. I was not feeling sad, or dreading leaving, because I was leaving with my best friend, and we both know that we will continue to share moments like these forever.
134.JPG

As people were getting ready for Festival of Fantasy, we had a clear Main Street ahead of us, and the magic worked better than ever. Fall is a wonderful time of year, but at Disney, it is something else.
135.JPG

Finally, we reached the culmination of 9 days of (virtually nonstop) adventure. With 3 days at Magic Kingdom, 2 days at Epcot, and 1 day each at both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, we spent 16 hours straight in the parks on some of those days, doing Disney the way we love it. And don’t forget visits to Animal Kingdom Lodge, to Contemporary Resort, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk Inn, to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and the new Disney Springs.
136.JPG

This reminder always puts a smile on my face. It really does. As we took one last look, the only thing we could think of was thank you, for everything.
138.JPG

Our adventure this year has given me more positivity and inspiration than ever. Every moment was one worth putting in the memory books. I feel endlessly grateful that I can love something so much, and that I have someone who not only shares equally in my passion, but enhances it in ways I didn’t even know was possible. I dream of bringing my family back someday, and reliving some of the best times of our lives, but also showing them how this place we love has evolved me over the years. Most of all, I can’t wait to bring our own children here and eat at character buffets, have them pick out their favorite princess dress or stuffed animal, and hear nothing but silence as we push sleeping kids in a stroller as we go back the resort for a nap.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our adventure this year has given me more positivity and inspiration than ever. Every moment was one worth putting in the memory books. I feel endlessly grateful that I can love something so much, and that I have someone who not only shares equally in my passion, but enhances it in ways I didn’t even know was possible. I dream of bringing my family back someday, and reliving some of the best times of our lives, but also showing them how this place we love has evolved me over the years. Most of all, I can’t wait to bring our own children here and eat at character buffets, have them pick out their favorite princess dress or stuffed animal, and hear nothing but silence as we push sleeping kids in a stroller as we go back the resort for a nap.

Those are such nice sentiments, and a very upbeat way to end your TR. I really enjoyed following along. Best Disney wishes to you, and best wishes also for the upcoming holiday season. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and vacation memories.

belledream

Original Poster
Those are such nice sentiments, and a very upbeat way to end your TR. I really enjoyed following along. Best Disney wishes to you, and best wishes also for the upcoming holiday season. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and vacation memories.
I'm so glad you enjoyed reading and it was great having you 'come along' on the journey! Thanks for all your kind comments! "Best Disney wishes" to you too! (I love that! Gonna use it! ;))

belledream

Original Poster
Great report and pics! The chocolate covered pineapple on a stick looks awesome. I just added a stop at Big Top as "must do" to my trip in December.:joyfull::D
Thank you! Yes, definitely give it a try...it was a refreshing treat! Big Top Treats is one of my favorites! :)

blreinsel

I enjoyed your TR! My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip together (his first ever!) in June and I literally cannot wait!! It's going to be a totally different experience than I've ever had at WDW before and like you mentioned, I'm sure that he's going to enhance my experience in ways that I didn't even know existed!

belledream

Original Poster
I enjoyed your TR! My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip together (his first ever!) in June and I literally cannot wait!! It's going to be a totally different experience than I've ever had at WDW before and like you mentioned, I'm sure that he's going to enhance my experience in ways that I didn't even know existed!
Sounds like SO much fun!! Hope you have a magical and romantic trip! :inlove:

Happy you enjoyed the report. Thanks for reading!

belledream

Original Poster
Your photos capture Disney World is such a beautiful way, almost as good as the memories themselves. Loved your report, thank you so much for sharng :inlove:
Thanks so much for reading! Photos are essential to my Disney experience. It helps me remember what we did, in the order we did it, and can *almost* transport me back to those moments and feelings. And it's helpful that Disney is just such a beautiful place to photograph. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom