Trip Report We'll Do As Dreamers Do... *COMPLETED*

Another fall has arrived at Walt Disney World, and so have we! For our 4th annual September trip, we returned to the basics that we fell in love with. A lot of resort hopping, getting a little wet at the water parks, and food (snack credits...so many...help!) It was a wonderful 9 days, and I can't believe I have room in my heart to love Disney even more, each and every time. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing these. Let the memories begin!

The cast: My husband, J, and I. People call us Mickey & Minnie. ;)

Travel dates: September 3rd - September 11th, staying at All Star Music.

Pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/weve-fall-in-in-love.913624/

We began with the earliest flight I could possibly find, getting us into the promised land at 8:30 AM. Win! With a speedy check-in at All Star Music, we were off to Animal Kingdom...Lodge!
002.JPG

For the first time ever, we decided to take an entire non-park day to fulfill a bunch of dreams that we've always had on our bucketlist. We did so on our first day because it was the Saturday of a holiday weekend and hoped to avoid the crowds that way.
010.JPG

It definitely felt weird not heading straight to a park to begin the trip, but I really did appreciate the relaxing start. Just us and a quiet, beautiful morning sky at AKL.
009.JPG

Still in awe at how unique of an experience it must be to stay at AKL. It will be done in this lifetime!
017.JPG

On the way to 'breakfast' at The Mara (yup, I'm already talking about food), we passed by this beautiful waterfall area that I didn't notice the last time we were here. I was instantly wowed - the reality of it is that Disney can truly transport me to another place.
019.JPG

The Mara is the perfect stop for breakfast, because the perfect breakfast is...
021.JPG

Zebra Domes! Been absolutely CRAVING these for the past two years, and the time has finally come. It was everything I had hoped it would be.
025.JPG

J points out that I look ridiculous when photographing my food, but I needed to remember this moment.
026.JPG

We sat by the pool and snacked, not truly believing that we were here yet. It always takes a while to sink in, but what is perceived as mere decoration and foliage always mean something a little more to me.
029.JPG

The day had started off cool, but you could already feel that Florida heat doing work. Not fully acclimated yet, we retreated to the great indoors of Jambo House to look around some more.
014.JPG

Next stop...Kidani Village!

belledream

Original Poster
Before we could move on from Yacht Club, we just had to wander into this courtyard with the heart gazebo. It went like this.
Me: Ooh that's pretty!
J: You want to go in there?
Me: No, that's ok.
J: Yes, you do. Let's go.
258.JPG

There's no denying this: Crescent Lake is beautiful. This whole area has a serene quality to it that you get at Showcase Lagoon or Seven Seas Lagoon. Except for an occasional Friendship Boat horn toot, all is calm.
263.JPG

As we continued on, we saw Spaceship Earth peeking behind Beach Club.
266.JPG

These pathways have become often traveled by us. We find solitude here.
270.JPG

We decided to forgo visiting Swan and Dolphin, opting for more time spent on the Boardwalk. But we still stopped to admired the distinct colors and presence that it holds.
272.JPG

As we walked under the archways of Boardwalk, I gained another wave of excitement. So much charm, story, and a fresher perspective on touring Disney lies beyond here.
276.JPG

Yacht & Beach Club looked like pristine dollhouses in this distance. The blue sky colored the water. It was surreal.
277.JPG

It's truly like a little town of it's own over here.
280.JPG

As we walked along, my eyes wanted to document every unique building and color palette. That's what makes Boardwalk so fun...all the different buildings!
281.JPG

We stopped inside the ever-charming Thimbles and Threads, remember we did this exact thing on a rainy morning of our Disneymoon last year. Today's weather couldn't be any more different!
286.JPG

We had dinner reservations waiting for us when we returned to Epcot, but with so many snacking options around here, we just had to have a little something!

belledream

Original Poster
We walked by the iconic red tables of the Boardwalk, wondering if it would be hot to sit here if we happened to get the treat we were eyeing...
287.JPG

I mean...the view was pretty persuasive.
288.JPG

Ample Hills Creamery...I've seen and heard so many things about you, and I am easily influenced and therefore am knocking at your front door.
289.JPG

I was a grown woman in a creamery...one that was swept up with giddiness as soon as I walked in and saw the drawings of Boardwalk and Epcot on the walls that were just so nicely done! It really filled the place with the charisma right for an ice cream shop.
290.JPG

With so many interesting flavors with creative names to choose from, we ended up choosing...
292.JPG

...Baked/Unbaked. It a vanilla ice cream concoction containing chocolate chip cookies and brown butter cookie dough. In short, it sounds pretty tasty, don't you think? In retrospect, we probably should have gone with a more unique flavor like Sally Sells Seashells ("Fresh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with House-made Salty Chocolate Seashells") or PB Wins the Cup ("Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Chocolate flakes and House-made Peanut Butter Cups"...actually nevermind. I like PB&J, but not that much.) but just knew that we'd enjoy Baked/Unbaked so very much.
293.JPG

We compromised by sitting outside at a red table under the shade, instead of by the water, but in the sun. Cause as you can see, the sun had the power to melt it fast. We found ourselves screaming 'ahh hurry up and eat that!' a few times.
295.JPG

After our ice cream break (that occurred about an hour before dinner...) we wanted to go peek inside BoardWalk Inn for a bit.
296.JPG

We've shared a lot of great times lounging around this courtyard area, on various chairs, and benches before. I particularly like sitting in the darkness cause it's weird.
297.JPG

Inside the Inn is great. It's rich but bright.
298.JPG

Always messin' with my mind. Am I in Yacht Club? Beach Club? It's like a hybrid of the two!

belledream

Original Poster
I just couldn't get over the detail of this fine piece of furniture, coupled with the intricate painting. It's such a clever way to give the resort a background story!
300.JPG

While J played with the little picture-mover contraption, I wandered the hallway and basked in the window-full-ness of this one.
304.JPG

We moved on into the lobby where this sea-horse/horse-mermaid chandelier hung mightily
305.JPG

The lobby seems a little more spacious than Yacht & Beach Club. I'm digging the multiple chandeliers!
308.JPG

Thinking back to that painting and what it must have 'been like' in the days gone by...
310.JPG

At first glance, these might be missed, but I'm glad they weren't, for each had another little painting of its own.
311.JPG

It was a short but sweet visit, and we headed back out to the next door Wyland Gallery. I absolutely fawned over all these Mickey & Minnie paintings. Their adventures around the world, their lives together, it inspires me.
315.JPG

A few other favorites along the way...Beauty and the Beast after sharing a beautiful dance together, being honest with each other...
312.JPG

Lilo & Stitch...sharing a song at sunset...
313.JPG

And our little family...happy to be sharing an adventure together.
314.JPG

It was so much fun diving headfirst into another world full of Disney. But...you know it's unattainable when nobody in the store asks you if you need assistance...!

belledream

Original Poster
We were going to just walk back to the International Gateway, but the Friendship was right at the dock as we passed by, so we hopped on. We backed out the same time as another one. The synchronicity was kinda cool!
317.JPG

Until we meet again...
319.JPG

Goodbye, my dears!
320.JPG

With the windows slightly cracked, it was a pleasant ride. In no time, we spotted France(by the way, how cool do those buildings look from this side?)
321.JPG

We set out towards the UK, with a few more opportunities to look around before dinner.
322.JPG

Charming little courtyard.
323.JPG

I guess these are like those Gatorade chews? 'Squidgy' is such a funny word though.
324.JPG

Tea sample from the Twinings shop. Yes, I took the cup home.
325.JPG

We sat on a bench and allowed the wind to fill us up while enjoying this view.
336.JPG

It felt divine.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
I took some more country close-ups. Norway still heavily populated!
328.JPG

It's unreal...how beautiful everything looks.
329.JPG

We moved on over to Canada, which has such a great layout.
338.JPG

I mean, I literally feel like I am lounging around my own chateau.
339.JPG

We stopped to watch O Canada! which has its gems. CELINE DION IS HERE?
340.JPG

We sat on a bench for quite some time after hanging by the cascading, adrenaline-pumping waterfalls, admiring the sheer gorgeousness of Victoria Gardens. All the different colors, trees, the crystal clear pond...it's truly one of the most beautiful places in the World.
343.JPG

And finally, it was time to go to our dinner reservation.
350.JPG

Again, we walked around the World Showcase drinking in the sights and sounds, and especially the beauty of the water, glimmering in the sun.
351.JPG
Epcot, you are truly remarkable. You make doing nothing, the best thing.
352.JPG

Because just being here is the greatest journey of all.

belledream

Original Poster
"VIA NAPOLIIIIIIIII" - always being said in a Mario-sounding voice. We have been intrigued by this place ever since it opened, but made many excuses not to come. It's just pizza. We don't want to use our dining plan. EPCOT HAS TOO MANY GOOD RESTAURANTS. Well, in an effort to at almost all the restaurants around World Showcase, this was one of the few left and we said...fine, if you insist.
353.JPG

Both the outside and the inside of the restaurant evoked a bright feeling, much different from Tutto Italia which seemed very dark and therefore, more formal. Loved the grapes on this colorful chandelier!
355.JPG

We sat next near these beautifully painted walls, with a great view of the rest of the restaurant.
358.JPG

Inside seemed small, but actually, due to the high ceilings, kinda large! The ovens, Stromboli, Vesuvio, and Etna breathed enticing pizza fire in the distance.
360.JPG

J knew what he was going to get the moment he ever looked at the menu. The Prosciutto e Melone Pizza. We had this combination at Palo on the Disney Magic last year thinking, well everyone seems to be promoting it so we'll try it just to try it, and it turned out to be a great partnership. The sweetness of the melon was wrapped in the saltiness of the prosciutto, and with the balanced taste of the white pizza, it wasn't half bad!
363.JPG

I had a little more trouble choosing. I love meat, I love spicy foods, so the Piccante Pizza was speaking to me, but I just felt like if I was going to eat here, I'd have to try something really out there. But then, I had read so much about the Quattro Formaggi Pizza, which people raving that it's literally life-changing or whatever, and I do love me some cheesy pizza...but there's no meat? I have never in my life ordered a vegetarian dish before! But...I took the 'risk' and when Quattro Formaggi. The four cheeses are mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and provolone, but to me, it was one big wad of creamy, stringy, melty goodness. Oh lordy...I did not regret my choice.
361.JPG

We were worried that individual pizzas wouldn't be filling enough for us. (We're the type of people that get something 'family size' that's for a family of 5 and we, uh, eat it all ourselves in one sitting.) But we were satisfied today! J chose Gelato Frizzante, which is an Italian-style ice cream soda. It was frizzy and just the right amount of creamy. I myself am not a huge fan of ice cream floats or sodas, but I appreciated the refreshing quality of this after my cheesy meal.
372.JPG

Ever eat something so savory you just need to douse yourself with something perfectly chocolate? I got it all with my Tiramisu. Chocolate, coffee, lady fingers, cream, all packed into a soaked, yet somehow still light, dessert that was just what I needed. Really, it was good stuff!
370.JPG

Even though we eat fast, we tried to take our time, and enjoy sitting together for one last TS meal. We couldn't believe it was all coming to an end, but we really enjoying reflecting on ranking all our meals, and reminiscing about different atmospheres, standout service, and just the splendid affair that Dining at Disney is. When you get those menus and open them up (even though you already know what you want) it's just so exciting to know that you have a solid 1.5 hours of good service, food, and company ahead of you.
373.JPG

I will miss it.
374.JPG

But outside, at the Fountain of Trevi, I made a wish. I hope it comes true!

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Feeling wonderful, we departed Italy and found ourselves at House of Good Fortune, where we found this solar toy that was pretty amusing. It's something that you'd think would be awesome to buy and then when you bring it home to the real world...you'd be like, "What in the world can I possibly do with this?"
375.JPG

We had no destination in mind, only wanting to hang around to ensure that we'd catch our last sunset here at Disney this year. For the time being, the sun reflected powerfully off of Test Track.
377.JPG

Wandering around Epcot after dinner is one of our favorite pastimes, especially at this hour. Everything seems to be glow even more so thanks to the sun setting.
378.JPG

We picked a spot along Showcase Lagoon and just rested on the railings, feeling the wind caress us, as the sun started it's descent.
379.JPG

I felt the love in this moment. I love I feel for J, for Disney, for us together at Disney...we had shared so many waking hours of engaging in exploration, with untamed jubilation, and my gosh...we enjoyed every minute of it.
382.JPG

Once the sun had disappeared behind the trees and the tippytop of Beach Club, it illuminated the clouds in front of it in such a surreal way. It almost looked like lightning!
386.JPG

And once it really sets, that's when you really get to see the beauty of the changing sky reflecting in the water.
388.JPG

And when every light in and around the World Showcase turn on, it's absolutely breathtaking.
412.JPG

After getting our fill, we journeyed back to Future World to see it lit up for the night as well. The sounds of the music loop and the running fountain was refreshing and relaxing.
413.JPG

Standing right under Spaceship Earth, I couldn't believe the wonder that I was seeing.
417.JPG

For a last night sunset at Disney, it was a pretty rewarding one.

belledream

Original Poster
We walked right in to ride Spaceship Earth for the one and only time today. There just needs to be more time...but alas, this one ride was cherished. Now if only the future videos would work at the end!
418.JPG

After that, we walked on over for a nighttime ride on Test Track.
419.JPG

The new theme has grown on me a bit. I like the futuristic music...
420.JPG

Our goal is to always create the most-least efficient car possible...and we did just that this time around, with -8. Our previous record was -3.
422.JPG

I love zooming into the darkness at night, feeling the wind attack my hair, making my mouth dry because I can't stop laughing and smiling.
425.JPG

We find enjoyment in the little games at the end of the ride. We seem like the only ones though.
426.JPG

It was getting close to 9, so luckily, we found ourselves a nice, last minute spot for Illuminations that felt like just the two of us and Showcase Lagoon. As the pre-Illuminations music plays, the fire torches dance, and the countries glow, I feel so incredibly grateful and complete.
429.JPG

Illuminations is the best way to say goodnight to Disney. It inspires me to remember what Disney means to me, it leaves me in awe every single time - fire, water, works and all, and most importantly, it shows me that the future is bright, and I want to do something to help me pursue my dreams every day.
432.JPG

We held hands and sang aloud to 'Promise' as we walked slowly towards the front of the park.
433.JPG

What a wonderful morning, afternoon, evening, and night. We had started out by soaring over the world, J had his second best meal of the trip at Katsura Grill, we spent some enjoyable time resort hopping, and witnessed an incredible sunset.
437.JPG

I fall in love with Epcot even more, every time I walk through those gates. I will surely remember these times as some of the very best.

belledream

Original Poster
On the ninth and final morning of our Annual Disney World 2016 Fall Extravaganza, we journeyed to the Magic Kingdom for one more glorious morning.
001.JPG

As painful as it always is to say goodbye to our room, and walk outside towards the lobby to the sound of our suitcases rolling away, we still had a typical whirlwind of a day ahead of us...and so we counted our blessings as we stood outside of the Magic Kingdom to a young and promising morning.
002.JPG

And so it began...
003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

Home.

belledream

Original Poster
We approached the Cinderella Castle with the same awe we've always had.
023.JPG

We found ourselves in an empty Fantasyland, where J tried his hand at the Sword in the Stone and, wait what? successfully pulled the sword out! Someone must be humoring us...
027.JPG

It was a celebratory morning (aren't they all?) But I was extra excited because we were going back to Be Our Guest (yes, again!) The sound of the waterfall was calling me...
029.JPG

It had only been a few days, but going to Magic Kingdom without going to Be Our Guest is almost foreign to me!
031.JPG

We preordered, but I do like those knights in armor.
032.JPG

Feels so right.
036.JPG

We chose a table with a good view of the windows and snow. Those double doors, the reflections of the chandeliers on the windows, an overload of happiness!
037.JPG

For food, we went with two favorites. J got the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, which was rich in all sorts of flavors, with nice and crispy bread and bacon. Though he did say if he had to choose between this one and the Croque Madame from our last breakfast, he'd chose the Croque Madame.
038.JPG

I went back to my favorite Assorted Cured Meats and Cheese platter. I remembered being infatuated with this last time, and this time was no different. The different meats, slathered with a bit of cheese or marmalade on top of the bread...just divine.
039.JPG

Also, I think I'm the only person who drinks chocolate milk with a meat a cheese platter.

belledream

Original Poster
After BOG breakfast, we headed out for the usual 7DMT ride. The colors, quietness of the area, and morning air were indescribably refreshing.
046.JPG

So was our empty mine cart!
047.JPG

We laughed and smiled so much on this ride, we looked so silly and we loved it.
048.JPG

I never noticed the jewels at the top of the entranceway.
050.JPG

Back out in Fantasyland, the hour was almost up and so would (officially) begin our last day at WDW.
051.JPG

We didn't really have a gameplan, so on a whim, we decided to go to Peter Pan's Flight again.
052.JPG

I slowed down for the queue effects this time, in case you were wondering.
053.JPG

As we walked into Tomorrowland, I just wanted to document everything that makes Disney feel complete to me.
054.JPG

I'll miss these shops!
056.JPG

The energy and vibes you get from a Tomorrowland morning.
057.JPG

We went on Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and Space Mountain again.

belledream

Original Poster
More of those "things I want to remember because it's so Disney pictures"...this makes me feel like I'm on the moving walkway now...occasionally looking up to see the stars.
060.JPG

Found ourselves in Bonjour! Village and Gifts where I'm going to need everything in here from the merch to the music.
061.JPG

In the amazing queue that is Journey of the Little Mermaid, I felt like a mermaid myself as I got up close and personal with the lovely grotto and falls.
063.JPG

Scuttle!
064.JPG

I can't help but dance in the Under the Sea scene. It's so catchy...
065.JPG

Any kind of water effect always steal the show for me.
066.JPG

From there, we ended up at the Haunted Mansion.
067.JPG

Filled with wall-to-wall creeps.
068.JPG

This time, we got stuck at the creepy corridors with all the door knockers knocking.

belledream

Original Poster
I *love* those pics of the Boardwalk! Makes me want to save up and take my parents there. My mom grew up in a coastal tourist town in NJ and I wonder if this is how she remembers it.
That would be so lovely! Hope you guys get to do that someday! :)

belledream

Original Poster
Rapunzel's Tower looked absolutely astounding in the brightness of the day. I could see the designs on the door, every shingle and flower.
071.JPG

Coupled with some of my favorite music area loops in the World, the waterfall playing melodiously around us, this is one of my favorite places to just *be*.
074.JPG

Wanting to feel like I was in the boat with Tangled and Flynn Rider (or maybe I could be Rapunzel and just be hanging with Flynn Rider), so I stood right under the lanterns and gazed upwards in awe. I wanted to dance the Kingdom Dance!
075.JPG

Can't...get...over...it. My favorite modern Disney movie.
076.JPG

From the flowers in the windowsill, to the wanted posters, being here is like having a little slice of the movie all to myself.
077.JPG

Too adorably perfect.
080.JPG

We moseyed back through Fantasyland, stopping to sit on a bench outside of Pinocchio's Village Haus. We sat for a while, taking silly pictures, and just enjoying the last morning together.
081.JPG

I noticed this cute little detail on Peter Pan's Flight. Adore!!!
085.JPG

We eventually realized it was time for lunch, even though we weren't hungry at all. But alas, we had to perform our civic duty...
088.JPG

...guess what...we're baaack!

belledream

Original Poster
Last time...I promise. Forgive me, as I try to hold back tears as this is my last visit to Be Our Guest...
089.JPG

LAST DISNEY MEAL. QS OR TS. 9 days of dining...coming to a close right here, people!
090.JPG

No, I'm not reusing pictures...but we did sit in a very similar place. Ballroom or bust, baby! I need to. I need the music...from Belle, to Tale as Old as Time, to Human Again, to Transformation.
091.JPG

In a twist of epic proportions, I did not get the Tuna Niçoise Salad, but instead, the Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style). I got it once before and immediately regretted not getting the salad...the pork wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything that great or special. This time, it seemed to have improved. The juices and sauce were great, especially on the mashed potatoes. Did I still have hankerings for the salad? A tad.
093.JPG

In a not-surprise, J got his hands on his Carved Roast Beef Sandwich again, but struggled mightily to finish. I guess that's what happens at the culmination of 9 days of eating, and eating 2 hours prior. Regardless, he was still happy. I think - it's hard to tell as he looked like he was in intense pain at times.
094.JPG

We have never had such a surplus of snack credits during a trip before. I guess that's what happens when we don't go to Epcot Food & Wine Festival. But never fear, because Be Our Guest has some fantastic soups that would make this the perfect opportunity to try. (Other than the fact that we could barely finish our entrees). French Onion Soup...mouthwatering as ever. That gruyere cheese stuff is good.
098.JPG

I always gave the French Onion higher praise than the Potato Leek Soup, but this year, I found myself cleaning this bowl out just as much as the other! There's just such a creamy, satisfying flavor to it that I couldn't help myself!
099.JPG

There's no mistake about dessert this time. Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, always and forever.
095.JPG

And J's Master Cupcake.
096.JPG

We were stuffed, but we were happy. We laughed at each other, we lingered on our way out, and J told me, "We'll be back again."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom