Trip Report We'll Do As Dreamers Do... *COMPLETED*

Another fall has arrived at Walt Disney World, and so have we! For our 4th annual September trip, we returned to the basics that we fell in love with. A lot of resort hopping, getting a little wet at the water parks, and food (snack credits...so many...help!) It was a wonderful 9 days, and I can't believe I have room in my heart to love Disney even more, each and every time. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing these. Let the memories begin!

The cast: My husband, J, and I. People call us Mickey & Minnie. ;)

Travel dates: September 3rd - September 11th, staying at All Star Music.

Pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/weve-fall-in-in-love.913624/

We began with the earliest flight I could possibly find, getting us into the promised land at 8:30 AM. Win! With a speedy check-in at All Star Music, we were off to Animal Kingdom...Lodge!
002.JPG

For the first time ever, we decided to take an entire non-park day to fulfill a bunch of dreams that we've always had on our bucketlist. We did so on our first day because it was the Saturday of a holiday weekend and hoped to avoid the crowds that way.
010.JPG

It definitely felt weird not heading straight to a park to begin the trip, but I really did appreciate the relaxing start. Just us and a quiet, beautiful morning sky at AKL.
009.JPG

Still in awe at how unique of an experience it must be to stay at AKL. It will be done in this lifetime!
017.JPG

On the way to 'breakfast' at The Mara (yup, I'm already talking about food), we passed by this beautiful waterfall area that I didn't notice the last time we were here. I was instantly wowed - the reality of it is that Disney can truly transport me to another place.
019.JPG

The Mara is the perfect stop for breakfast, because the perfect breakfast is...
021.JPG

Zebra Domes! Been absolutely CRAVING these for the past two years, and the time has finally come. It was everything I had hoped it would be.
025.JPG

J points out that I look ridiculous when photographing my food, but I needed to remember this moment.
026.JPG

We sat by the pool and snacked, not truly believing that we were here yet. It always takes a while to sink in, but what is perceived as mere decoration and foliage always mean something a little more to me.
029.JPG

The day had started off cool, but you could already feel that Florida heat doing work. Not fully acclimated yet, we retreated to the great indoors of Jambo House to look around some more.
014.JPG

Next stop...Kidani Village!

belledream

Original Poster
I was bouncing up and down to the music, grinning at J, and just reveling in the magic of it all.
305.JPG

306.JPG

307.JPG

I don't know what happened to Cinderella here...my camera must add some poundage.
308.JPG

My favorite!!! Dancing, dresses, all the regal things!
309.JPG

No, don't go!
310.JPG

311.JPG

I love fountains, real or lights, they're all very nice.
312.JPG

313.JPG

314.JPG

I hear the water sound effects right now.

belledream

Original Poster
Those jewels are so alluring...
315.JPG

In J's words: "Pinocchio is really [bleepin'] scary"
317.JPG

I tend to agree.
318.JPG

319.JPG

320.JPG

Love the fireworks on this float.
321.JPG

323.JPG

Pretty magnificent stuff. Will miss the sheer volume of lights that this float displays so well.
324.JPG

Will also miss this. Kept having to tell myself, you will be back! You have a full day at Epcot tomorrow! Remember that place? Seems like eons ago.
326.JPG

We slowly made our way down Main Street, drinking in the nighttime lights, sounds, and breeze one more time.
327.JPG

Goodnight, Magic Kingdom! Thanks for yet another day filled with fantasy...for letting us be princesses and pirates, taking us on trips to space, the wild west, and feeling at home every where we turn. You are truly a magical place.

belledream

Original Poster
We couldn't wait to get back to Epcot. There's so many things to see, eat, and experience, that one day felt nowhere near enough! So we definitely needed this second day, plus perhaps an excursion out to Boardwalk and some resort hopping!
006.JPG

It the most gorgeous day yet. The sun gleamed off of Spaceship Earth, and the fountain trickled melodiously as we walked to the sounds of Legacy.
007.JPG

Nothing like starting your morning off by hang-gliding over various world-famous landmarks. Casual.
011.JPG

We followed the usual path to Living with the Land afterwards, feeling warm with the colors and sunshine above us.
013.JPG

We skipped the Imagination Pavilion entirely this year. Usually we humor ourselves and go for one ride of Journey into Imagination with Figment, but it was just too beautiful outside to go indoors.
015.JPG

So much fountain love around here. But Fountain of Nations...I love the sheer sound and volume of water cascading down. We love catching a show or two as well.
016.JPG

Bird of Paradise flowers are so cool!
017.JPG

We popped into Club Cool and tried some not-very-appetizing flavors of soda, but it seemed like an outdoorsy, World Showcase kind of day...
020.JPG

So we made our way there. J stopping along the way and trying to be artsy...
021.JPG

We stepped out to Showcase Plaza and just breathed everything in.
024.JPG

This day promised to be a good one...but I could wait just a little bit here.

belledream

Original Poster
As we walked to Mexico, colors colors colors! It looked like a fantastical dream. Also, I always look at those steps and wonder how scary and difficult it would be to walk up them.
026.JPG

Always concentrated on walking straight in, so we took some time to look at the intricate details that are more hidden.
027.JPG

The familiar sights, sounds, and smells of the marketplace that I always long for.
029.JPG

We hopped onto Gran Fiesta Tour for a little whirl. I love sailing quietly past the temple amidst the water, weeds and other foliage, and seeing the smoke from the volcano drift in the air.
030.JPG

Can't say I care for the video screen parts of this ride, but the architecture definitely gives the eye something to look at.
031.JPG

Plus, you have Mexican Small World complete with catchy music! So it's all good fun.
032.JPG

We emerged back into daylight to get to our next stop...
033.JPG

Frozen Ever After again! Now that we had one ride under our belts, I wanted to pay more attention this time to things I may have missed earlier.
034.JPG

I like that the queue still evokes shades of Maelstrom with the traditional architecture.
035.JPG

Little details that I felt like parts of the ride were missing are in the queue!
036.JPG

Second ride also means (in futility) ride pictures!

belledream

Original Poster
You see what I mean? But hey, without this, I wouldn't be able to visualize how cool it is to sail under the sparkling willowy trees while be greeted by Olaf and Sven!
037.JPG

It's the Trolls, duh.
038.JPG

Anna and Kristoff serenading us.
039.JPG

And Queen Elsa, letting us go!
040.JPG

Cute dresses, girls! Summer is the best. The cold definitely bothers me. I should just live in WDW!
042.JPG

Next stop would be China.
047.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, we had just visited China earlier this year, where we had visited the actual Temple of Heaven! So it was pretty surreal to stand there and look at the real thing when I had always seen it in Epcot. It's obviously much prettier in Epcot, which I conveyed to J, with him responding that the actual one is "kind of" old.
048.JPG

The colors are more vibrant in here, but other than that, it's pretty much a spittin' image.
052.JPG

So obviously, we were more excited than usual to see Reflections of China this year. Not only where there lots of familiar sights, but we were literally standing RIGHT THERE. There were also a lot of unfamiliar sights and I was like HEY that looks so cool, how come I didn't see that? and J was like, you know, China is "kind of" big.
055.JPG

While we sat briefly in the waiting room, Mulan was finishing up at Meet & Greet. Bring back the old dress! It was so much prettier and a better representation!
056.JPG

Amen.

belledream

Original Poster
I remember being young and meeting Shan-Yu under that dark archway. I was pretty scared, but not as scared as my brother who cried and refused to take a picture.
058.JPG

We always like seeing what's in the exhibits around these countries.
060.JPG

The current one here? Inside Shanghai Disney Resort. Jackpot! I usually pay little to no attention to other Disney parks since WDW is my one and only, but since this one is the *closest* we've ever been to another park, it obviously piqued our interest.
062.JPG

Each case had a display of one of the different lands in Shanghai Disneyland Park. The Tron ride in Tomorrowland looks spectacular...
063.JPG

CM costumes at Treasure Cove, specifically their version of Pirates of the Caribbean.
064.JPG

But of course, I spent the most time ogling at the Fantasyland case. I did look at pictures, which again, I don't normally do, but the inside of the Enchanted Storybook Castle absolutely made my jaw drop.
065.JPG

A mosaic sample of the complete mosaic inside the castle. It's so pretty!
066.JPG

This is where I started losing it. Voyage To The Crystal Grotto is literally everything I could ever want in a dark ride. "An enchanting excursion that travels the waters of Fantasyland. Fanciful fountains and sculptures line the water’s edge, celebrating classic tales of magic and imagination. At journey’s end, guests glide beneath Enchanted Storybook Castle, into a secret, underground chamber in which fountains of light leap and dance in shimmering pools, surrounding guests with magic, music and color. The experience is sure to inspire the dreams and imaginations of all who make this wondrous voyage." It features Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Fantasia, Tangled, Mulan, and The Little Mermaid...WHAT!!! I have been an avid lover of the Tangled lantern scene forever, you already know my feelings about Beauty and the Beast, and MULAN! We need MULAN here!
067.JPG

I tried to relive myself of the need to process my feelings by observing the large map-table-thing of the entire park...
068.JPG

Similarly, this wall display depicted a walkthrough attraction of the Chinese zodiac represented by Disney characters.
070.JPG

There was so much more to look at, but I was wary of how much more of this teasing I could take!

belledream

Original Poster
Hotels! How could I forget about Hotels? Rooms, restaurants, it's a whole new world!
071.JPG

A Toy Story Hotel was practically begging to be made a reality!
072.JPG

Remy's Patisserie and Sweethearts Confectionary host and hostess costumes. So cute and sweet.
073.JPG

Adventure Isle case, which is surprisingly not just a re-creation of Adventureland, introducing creatures and ventures beyond the known world...
074.JPG

As we made our way to Germany, we continued to marvel at the wonders that the World Showcase gives you. We had already journeyed to many places on the map today, becoming completely absorbed in new settings, cultures, and perspectives on everything.
081.JPG

Germany is always a top contender in the 'pretty' category in my book.
083.JPG

Brings me Fantasyland vibes...Pinocchio's Village Haus! With the windowsill flowers and the red tile roofing and windows.
086.JPG

It's astonishing how much detail you can find around here. Then again, it's Disney, so maybe not.
087.JPG

Shine down on us, sun!
088.JPG

I always liked how this pavilion seemed like one big fortress.
089.JPG

If I were a real life princess, I'd like to live here.

belledream

Original Poster
Before we even moved on to Italy, we were diverted to the beauty of the day.
091.JPG

Don't know where everyone was, but we're not complaining about having this space all to ourselves.
093.JPG

Flower bushes on the water...nice touch.
096.JPG

I enjoyed using the power of my imagination to pretend I could actually ride this gondola. Also, those trees are perfect for enhancing the setting!
099.JPG

Views don't get much better than this.
100.JPG

Gotta have my Spaceship Earth rule of thirds picture every year.
102.JPG

I want to sail so bad! How cool would that be? Ship, gondola, I'll take anything!
106.JPG

Italy, you look beautiful too. We may be returning...again!
108.JPG

We passed on The American Adventure again. Who needs rest?! Not us!
111.JPG

Sometimes, I like to just say...
112.JPG

...I love the month of September.

belledream

Original Poster
If our calculations were correct, it was about time to find some lunch. Originally, we had planned to revisit Tangierine Café because awesome, but we passed by Japan first, where J said we should check out Katsura Grill's menu just to see what they had going on these days...
113.JPG

As we walked up the hill, I gazed at the sudden transition to the tranquil waterfalls and gardens.
114.JPG

Upon seeing that the word 'ramen' was on the menu, coupled with the fact that there seemed to be a lot of Japanese people dining here, J was determined that we would be eating here. He was so excited, I couldn't say no.
115.JPG

It was too hot to eat flaming noodle soup outside, so we sat inside the bright and window-filled room. I liked it! It was earthy, yet clean and refined.
116.JPG

J got his hands on the Tonkotsu Ramen, which is a pork-based broth. He inhaled this, noting that the ginger added some great flavor.
118.JPG

I liked mine better. I got the Spicy Seafood Miso Ramen. I liked the spicy a lot, and I felt like the amount of seafood was surprising for a QS meal. The veggies added texture to an otherwise soft and chewy meal.
117.JPG

We got sides instead of desserts, one Edamame, and one Miso Soup. Yes, I ate soup as an accompaniment to my soup. We also split a Green Tea that wasn't very strongly-flavored, but still refreshing.
119.JPG

We enjoyed stuffing our faces together and relaxing in the AC, while wondering if the Japanese guests were eating here because they wanted to and everything else around seemed weird or crappy, and also, if they thought it was good or crappy.
122.JPG

Impressive fortress we have here.
123.JPG

We took a nice zip through the shops again to round out lunchtime at Japan.
125.JPG

Always something here to surprise you. Whether it be an interesting trinket or an announcement by J that Katsura Grill was the second best meal after California Grill. You have got to be kidding me! Silly boy.

belledream

Original Poster
Onto Morocco we go!
127.JPG

Land of desertion but also, distinction.
129.JPG

I just get totally transported to another place. It's pretty impressive.
130.JPG

Shop is nicely styled and very neat and orderly. Probably because no one comes in here.
131.JPG

So many corridors to choose from. Where does the wind take you?
132.JPG

Well, I guess it took us to France.
134.JPG

I love the shutters and the barriers on the second floor.
135.JPG

Palatial and stately!
137.JPG

Simply captivating surroundings!
138.JPG

And then, we sat down for a showing of Impressions de France. My appreciation of this film grows every year. The exquisite sights, the divine music...it just keeps getting better as I get older.
139.JPG

J fell asleep. When he woke up, I raved about it to him and he was 'Darn it! I really gotta stay awake next time.'

belledream

Original Poster
And it was afternoon, so that meant...time to go to one of my favorite places in the entire World...
141.JPG

Yacht & Beach Club, baby! Get ready for lots of exclamation and love and detail and did I say love? I love this walk. So peaceful, so beautiful, so right.
143.JPG

When we caught sight of the first Beach Club building, I made some kind of audible, indistinct cry of happiness. It looked so familiar, so loveable, so filled with a piece of my life.
144.JPG

Some of my fondest Disney family memories were made here. And so many more will be made in the future. I already feel it in my bones.
145.JPG

Flashback to when we heard a loud "QUACK!" and turned around to see my brother grabbing the wing of a poor duck on this beach.
146.JPG

Cue another cry of joy...I am home! My eyes drank in all it could as we walked slowly towards the entrance.
147.JPG

Perfect colors.
149.JPG

This was my first picture of inside Beach Club...because I've always admired how fast the elevators were.
150.JPG

And it was here where I settled into the lobby and smelled that sweet beachy smell, reacquainted myself with all the different seats and sofas, and played I SPY for all the little seashells, starfish, coral, and the like.
153.JPG

Everything about it...how else can I state it? I adore...absolutely...everything.
154.JPG

I did this for quite a while, because once we had entered the lobby, J revealed to me that he needed to take a bathroom break, and that he had been waiting til we came here to do so, so I could spend quality time with Yacht & Beach Club while he was absent. Gross? Cute? Thoughtful, for sure.

Trisha Lynn

Brings me Fantasyland vibes...Pinocchio's Village Haus!

I've always thought it odd that Pinocchio had a Village Haus, considering that it's an Italian story. And then I remembered that the northern part of the country borders Switzerland. But wait! Gepetto went out to sea to try and find Pinocchio... how could he have done that from the north of Italy?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Some of your photos throughout this TR have been really stunning. You're in my top 7 favorite (for photographic skill) members of the forum! I'm enjoying all your commentary as well, but I just had to pause here to let you know that your photos are great.

belledream

Original Poster
I've always thought it odd that Pinocchio had a Village Haus, considering that it's an Italian story. And then I remembered that the northern part of the country borders Switzerland. But wait! Gepetto went out to sea to try and find Pinocchio... how could he have done that from the north of Italy?
Excellent sleuthing! We must get to the truth!

Some of your photos throughout this TR have been really stunning. You're in my top 7 favorite (for photographic skill) members of the forum! I'm enjoying all your commentary as well, but I just had to pause here to let you know that your photos are great.
Wow, thanks! It's definitely not the equipment or skills...it's probably moreso the subject. ;) But really, thanks for reading and helping fuel the fire with every post!

belledream

Original Poster
Casual. Charming. Elegant and inviting. Beach Club is one of my most favorite places on Earth.
154.JPG

I love the archways and windows that let shafts of light shine through. It's almost as if no other lighting is truly needed here.
158.JPG

The carpet is ornate but not overwhelming...just filled with cheerful and elegant beach vibes.
159.JPG

I remember running along the second floor with my brother, screaming about how happy we were to be here. We could spend all day here and not go to the parks...as children! That's how much we loved this place.
161.JPG

Every single chair or couch in this lobby feels like it was designed to suit my tastes. This place could be home...
162.JPG

But of course, it is home. And you know it is an obsession when you keep your camera out to take pictures of just the hallway because it excites you so much.
163.JPG

It may not be as large or grand as other deluxe resorts around here...it is understatedly and naturally beautiful and comforting to be in.
165.JPG

It kept drawing me back.
166.JPG

The chairs, the carpet, the flowers, the lights, the chandelier.
167.JPG

One last look...
168.JPG

...and I was able to finally pry myself away. There's still more to explore here, plus Yacht Club!

belledream

Original Poster
We love choosing a table to sit at for a brief five minutes or so, and just allow ourselves soak in the beauty of this place. So much detail in the railings, the shutters, the unique balconies that differ from room to room and floor to floor.
181.JPG

Inside one of my favorite rooms at Beach Club... The Solarium. A warm, sun-filled room filled with windows, couches, Disney cartoons, and another place to park it for a little while.
185.JPG

Walking along the quiet hallways, hearing the sounds of our footsteps along the shiny floors...we came up to bay window displays, which of course, I found awesome!
188.JPG

Cause look who it is...our little family!
190.JPG

Another nostalgic hallway for me...as we walked along the perfect pink and blue pastel hallways, fun curtains, and charming lanterns...
191.JPG

...we passed by the iconic umbrellas of Cape May...miss this place...we will have to return someday.
201.JPG

Goodbye, beautiful place!
202.JPG

We peeked into Ariel's which I believe is used for Disney Weddings. It looks pretty cool, but also strangely "not Disney" which I guess was done on purpose.
203.JPG

Outside to Yacht Club we go! But first, looking at those in Stormalong Bay with envy!
204.JPG

Let me go dry my tears at Yacht Club.

belledream

Original Poster
We may have stood here for a while, while J pined for a return to Yachtsman Steakhouse. He also saw a 5-oz Wagyu Filet Mignon on the menu for $145 and started a discussion about how it's probably totally worth it and he should probably try it sometime *hint hint*.
208.JPG

Er...yeah...sorry hun, we're sticking to our dinner plans. On we go! Same hallway, same fascination with the carpet and lanterns, but Yacht Club is a different world from it's sister. Stepping inside, you may feel like the layout and flow is similar, but the details of the theme are so well done that there's nothing else to think about after that!
213.JPG

Immediately, walking into the lobby, you feel the rich, grander, more formal feel of this resort. The dark wood floors, the warm furniture...it's all so classy.
215.JPG

I love the nautical touches everywhere...from the ship displays, the ropes draped from the second floor balcony, the windows that look like portholes...
216.JPG

It tears me apart, trying to figure out which resort I'd choose when I get the opportunity...
217.JPG

Also love the CM's outfits here, and how they look so cool standing at behind the counters. Reminds me of the cruise ship.
219.JPG

There's some stately details above those doors...WHY IS EVERYTHING SO PERFECT?
220.JPG

Perfect for anytime, anyone, but not anywhere. It has to be here!
224.JPG

I think I may have spent less time obsessing here than I did at Beach Club, but that may have been attributed to the fact that J was present this time. I don't know what I'm trying to prove to myself by drawing these conclusions, but yeah.
221.JPG

We walked up the steps to take a gander at the second floor.

belledream

Original Poster
Up here, you can be the captain and stand at the helm of this massive ship and steer the ship's wheel. That's what J did.
229.JPG

Or you can be like me and start exclaiming about chairs again.
234.JPG

There's an executive desk up here? That looks like something out of a museum or a movie? Filled with cabinets of books and other professional-nautical artifacts? Cue obsession.
235.JPG

After our little fun adventure on the second floor, we went to the shops where I just remember how much I fell in love with this place as a kid. back when they had Captain Mickey sailing on the high seas smack-dab in the middle of this place. The resort merchandise of this place was so cute. Maybe when we start staying at deluxes, we'll start collecting. Sounds dangerously fun!
236.JPG

Back out in the hallway, we just sat in one of the nooks by the window, savoring the moment. We'd be heading out soon, and it was going to be hard to say goodbye.
239.JPG

But of course, it shouldn't be goodbye. It should be See Ya Real Soon, and so it was...as we stepped outside and I gasped because I had forgotten how lovely Yacht Club's exterior looks as well! (We hadn't seen it yet, since we journeyed from the inside of Beach Club).
240.JPG

Our own little 'boardwalk' here seemed to stretch for miles with the lighthouse at the end of the way, the grass and sky were picturesque, and hand in hand, we moved merrily.
241.JPG

Looking back was such a treat. The gray color of the resort, with the red and white striped awnings was so achingly familiar...evoking wonderful memories and fueling future dreams.
249.JPG

We continued on, admiring the continuing features of our lovely estate.
250.JPG

Crisp white benches, docks for miles, peace and serenity for all.
252.JPG

What a way to spend an afternoon so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom