Welfare fastpass+

Gary2278

Original Poster
Now that getting fastpasses requires no effort, the system is ruined. There is no getting fast passes for new rides like 7 Dwarves and Frozen. Also, by the time you are done using your 3 "planned" passes, the only rides that will still have any passes available for you to get will be garbage rides. Furthermore, the fastpass lines are so much longer now; sometimes longer than standby. The new system sucks compared to the old one, and just further contributes to the obesity and laziness of our society.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, well, well…. Where to even start with this one.
Well, first off, he's just wrong, so we can start there. ;) Even last week during spring break we were able to get almost anything except 7DMT or FEA after using our first 3. There certainly may be busy times that not much is available, but then they wouldn't have been available under the old system either, so it's a wash.

p.a.m.

What?
So you're saying, it makes things too easy yet makes things too hard? Or are you saying that it's hard when things are easy?

Gary2278

Original Poster
Looking at what's available before the Magic Kindom even opens this morning, all fastpasses are either completely gone or not available until after 9pm for 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and all character meet and greets (we always leave at 6pm due to having an infant so anything after 6pm is out for us anyway). Epic fail Disney!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Looking at what's available before the Magic Kindom even opens this morning, all fastpasses are either completely gone or not available until after 9pm for 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and all character meet and greets (we always leave at 6pm due to having an infant so anything after 6pm is out for us anyway). Epic fail Disney!
Just because it doesnt fit your needs doesnt mean its an "epic fail".

Gary2278

Original Poster
Just because it doesnt fit your needs doesnt mean its an "epic fail".
I'm pretty confident that all the fast passes either being gone or available only after 9pm for the things mentioned is going to be frowned upon by most people looking to get fast passes, especially those who would have been willing to put in the physical effort to get them.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm pretty confident that all the fast passes either being gone or available only after 9pm for the things mentioned is going to be frowned upon by most people looking to get fast passes, especially those who would have been willing to put in the physical effort to get them.

These are the headliners, so obviously people will choose from these when making their advance selections.

Which still leaves plenty of other rides to get on-the-day fastpasses for: pirates, jungle cruise, buzz, speedway, dumbo, mermaid, him, iasw.

There's plenty to enjoy without the big rides, which in any case presumably your little one could not have ridden anyway. Dumbo, Magic carpets, iasw, pooh and more are far better options for you all. And there's plenty to see outside of the rides. And also lots of meet and greets that don't have fastpass.

Enjoy your visit

Courtney6682

Now that getting fastpasses requires no effort, the system is ruined. There is no getting fast passes for new rides like 7 Dwarves and Frozen. Also, by the time you are done using your 3 "planned" passes, the only rides that will still have any passes available for you to get will be garbage rides. Furthermore, the fastpass lines are so much longer now; sometimes longer than standby. The new system sucks compared to the old one, and just further contributes to the obesity and laziness of our society.

When my 60 day window opened up for my trip this past Feb I wasn't up at 7am and I still got Frozen and 7D more than once! I think I logged in around 10am. Also, keep checking whenever u can....things can always open up

jrlbc06

Maybe they're gone today for today. What about 30 days ago? When you could have "put in the physical effort to get them"?

My trip is in 39 days and I see availability throughout the afternoon for Frozen, 7DMT, Soarin' and Toy Story.

rob0519

You have to love people who join the Forum so their first post can be a total shot at some part of WDW that did not go their way.
I don't know what kind of physical effort Gary put into getting his Fastpasses other than running from the gate to an attraction.
That being said, while Fastpass+ has some merits, it certainly isn't perfect.

Some people (my family is in this category) can rarely plan a trip to WDW more than 60 days in advance. It does mean that you will have to work harder by spending more time glued to your phone hoping a slot on one of the coveted attractions opens up. It may also mean changing the hours you go to the park or hiring a baby sitter for the infant. It's a pain and may seem unfair, but it is the most popular tourist resort on the planet.

I was never a huge proponent of the paper Fastpass because you could only get one at a time anyway. At least this way, I can line up 3 different attractions and change on the fly if necessary.

I wonder if Gary booked his ADRs 180 days in advance or is having difficulty with those as well?

sjhym333

I don't believe that the new FP system is a fail but I also understand the frustrations that come along with using it. As a local AP holder with a 30 day window it is a very rare instance that 7DMT and FEA show up on my FP+ selections ( I rode both by being at rope drop in the morning). I have also have had trouble finding Rivers of Light FP's for the several days I have checked (including the 30th day that opened up today). It is true that hotel guests (there are a lot of them) grab up the most popular attractions first. But as someone who tends to decide a day or 2 before to head to the parks I find that most of the other attractions are pretty easy to book. I also am a fan of constantly updating my FP selection page when I am at the park since people constantly change or cancel FP's and I can grab a popular FP (not the 2 I first mentioned) most days at the last minute. I was driving to EPCOT one day with a friend and they wanted to do the new Soarin movie but there were no FP's available. I kept updating the page and all of a sudden Soarin showed up for 30 mins after we arrived. So there are ways to make the system work for you.

I have fears that the Pandora attractions will be like 7DMT and FEA. I am hearing reports from resort guests who are trying to book those attractions 60 days out and some days are already completely booked. We couldn't get into the AP Preview (a rant for another day) so I guess my option will be to hit rope drop if I really want to see it.

Last weekend my wife and I went to the Braves vrs the Mets game (Go Mets!) and there was a family in front of us with 2 small boys. A few minutes later a second family with kids joined them. The conversation turned to "Ride Reservations" and what rides they had booked. The first family were staying at a deluxe resort and the husband said he was going to book his reservations that night for Sunday in the MK. The other friend looked at him in disbelief and said "Dude, you're screwed." They spend the first 4 innings making FP reservations for their entire trip. They didn't get everything they wanted but got enough that they were happy.

NormC

I'm pretty confident you are wrong and just trolling. Gary is the epic fail and welfare does not issue fast passes.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Whats an epic fail...the fact that other people get Fastpasses or that you honestly expected them to be available when you wanted them?

cdeev8690

IMO if you're only going to WDW for headliners (collectively 6 rides) you should think about taking your family elsewhere. There's a lot more to do than 7DMT and Space Mountain in MK and most wouldn't consider the remaining rides with available FPs to be 'garbage'. I understand the Spring Break frustration. The crowds are nuts. The lines are long. One day is 90 the next could be 70. Just go with it dude.

I just returned from a quick weekender two weekends ago. Yes, it was crowded and we didn't get to ride absolutely everything we would have liked but we enjoyed solitary moments like having a snack and a soda on the hub grass and enjoying a ride on the Peoplemover. Your trip to the park is what you make of it. If you're only interested in getting on as many rides as you possibly can, then try to plan a future trip during a less chaotic time. But do remember that this is supposed to be a vacation (with loved ones I'm assuming?) and it's a big bummer if you're just going to complain instead of finding something else to do with your time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom