Weight Restrictions Disneyland Paris

lincscanary

Original Poster
Hi all

This is my 1st post here!! Thinking of going to Disneyland Paris for a 4 night stay shortly. I am on the large size 5'9" but over 22 stone. I was wondering if this would have any bearing on the rides I could go on?

Also my wife will be approx 3 months pregnant is their anything she should be aware of about the trip and is she ok on any of the rides?

cmatt

Hi all

This is my 1st post here!! Thinking of going to Disneyland Paris for a 4 night stay shortly. I am on the large size 5'9" but over 22 stone. I was wondering if this would have any bearing on the rides I could go on?

Also my wife will be approx 3 months pregnant is their anything she should be aware of about the trip and is she ok on any of the rides?

this is going to sound really rude (and if it is its not meant to be!) the faster rides do have size restrictions (i.e the width) and also the restraints. Id think the non fast ones such as the usual suspects will be fine, but space mountain may be a no no... if your other (better :p) half its preggers (congratulations btw!) id say nothing that stops suddenly. The maps all have the rides which should be avoided.

I 'think' you may have difficulty with:

space mountain
rnrc
also although you will be fine big thunder mountain is more prominant in dlrp and is alot rougher then the wdw version.
and indiana jones - but everything else will be ok :wave:

interestingly when i went i was around 21 stone (ive shed alot of weight off now) the most uncomfortable ride for me was the jet from charles de gaulle back to edinburgh, not cos i was 'missing the magic' it was because i had practically break my legs on the air france jet!

Hope you have a great time - you will love it! and once again congratulations on the baby (eurgh i feel broody now:lookaroun ) :sohappy:

davewasbaloo

Hi all

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I sadly am 6ft 2 and weigh 25+ stone. I am pleased to say I can fit on everything in DLP. I do find the Orbitron Rockets and Indy a bit of a squeeze. I have no problem with Space Mountain, Big thunder, Star Tours, or RNR Coaster.

In fact we have been on all the Disney attractions in California (with the exception of the Orange Stinger - like the Wave Swinger at Alton Towers), Florida and Paris and I fit (I wish I could say the same for the attractions here in England). Ride and enjoy.

My wife has been on two trips to DLP pregnant (congrats by the way). The ones for her to skip are:

Big Thunder, Indy, Tea Cups, Star Tours, Space Mountain, RNR Coaster, and Armageddon. Also, be aware, there is a small risk of the boats bumping on Pirates of the Caribbean (which has a couple of waterfall dips) and It's a Small World. My wife risked it, but you may decide not to.

Disney is the best theme park for people who cannot do thrill rides (unlike the junk here - Legoland excepted).

Have a great trip.

cmatt

Oh, and on the coaster, aim for the front two seats in each car, there is more leg room.

most definatly.... i have a short body and long legs... and i have to plead with them, i can sit in the back but it isnt as much fun as im in severe pain as my knees embed into the seat in front :lookaroun

lincscanary

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies guys, its nice to know that there are other people who have been and not had problems, really looking forward to going now one more question though, what about rides specifiacally for kids ie 5 years old? Our daughter is 5 so will obviously want to go on 'her' rides will some one have to go with her or is she ok on her own?

If she needs someone with her do you have to be miniscule?

davewasbaloo

Thanks for all the replies guys, its nice to know that there are other people who have been and not had problems, really looking forward to going now one more question though, what about rides specifiacally for kids ie 5 years old? Our daughter is 5 so will obviously want to go on 'her' rides will some one have to go with her or is she ok on her own?

No problem, we take our 18 month old and 3.5 year old all the time. As I say I fit on EVERYTHING! And there are no kids rides per se. The beauty of Disney is it is more or less built for everyone (one of the many reasons why I love it). If she is a brave soul (doesn't mind dark, skelletons or fast rides) she can probably go on everything except RNR Coaster, Space Mountain and Indy. You will have a great time!

lincscanary

Original Poster
Hi

Thanks for replying again, do you have any advice for a first time visitor? We are staying in Sequia Lodge in Febuary, flying Air France.

Any tips from a frequent visitor are ery welcome, we have purchased several guides but 1st hand info is so much better!!

:p

davewasbaloo

Hi

Thanks for replying again, do you have any advice for a first time visitor? We are staying in Sequia Lodge in Febuary, flying Air France.

Any tips from a frequent visitor are ery welcome, we have purchased several guides but 1st hand info is so much better!!

:p

I suppose if I know more about you, I can better advise. How long are you going for? Have you been to any other Disney resorts? Are you planning on nice table service restaurants or quick service dining? Do you like shows? etc.

For me, I would say, do not miss Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, The Lion King Show (in English), you will have to queue for tickets in the morning and then come back, Star Tours, and if time - Big Thunder and Space Mountain. Don't miss seeing the Dragon under the castle.

Your five year old will probably love Peter Pan's flight. Be sure to head to Fantasyland first thing in the morning! The key to success is get there early. Also, I love the Sequoia Lodge (best pool for sure), but again, breakfast can be very busy, so get there when it first opens, have breakfast, and then go back to the room to shower and get ready. Makes for a much more pleasant visit.

If you do want table service restaurants, make reservations as soon as you can at the hotel, don't just wing it! I recommend both restaurants in your hotel and at the neighbouring Hotel New York. The Silver Spur and Walt's in Disneyland Park are excellent, and Annette's is a fun 50's diner that is very affordable.

At the Studios, Motors Action and Cinemagique are do not miss attractions. Also, your 5 year old will probably like Animagique with the characters.

One of the things I think is amazing at DLP, and one of the finest creations by Disney anywhere is Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. Many think it is expensive, but you get a cowboy hat to keep, a BBQ meal with coke or beer, and a fantastic hour and a half show with real horses, buffalo and native american indians. We have been 12 times now, and I still cannot get tired of it!

For more info on DLP, you might want to check out:

http://www.mousekingdom.de/

and

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/

Have a great trip!

cmatt

as we were bored we did almost every ride any way (even if we felt like blanks sitting on that story book ride) and the only ride that hurt me was the flying carpets, but again not because my bulk restricted me but because of my legs! :cry:

ive neve had a problem other then leg room :wave:

lincscanary

Original Poster
Thanks for the great replies!

We are going for 4 days Mon - Thurs, 1st visit to any Disney Park. We want to make it special for our daughter as we are having to miss a trip to Lapland in December because of the baby due in August (bit cold for a 4 month old!!) So main things we want to see are for a little girl crazy about princesses, fairytales etc. But also we want to get a feel for the rest of the parks.

As for food we are quite happy to wing it and eat as and when so not too bothered, possibly book a nice meal one day in a themed restaurant.

We have an early morning flight to Paris leaving UK at 6.30am, and we depart at 6.40pm on the Thursday, is there anything we need to be aware of ie luggage etc?

Thanks for the great replies you have been more than helpful already.

disney-dan

im 6'2 and weigh about 21 stone too. i go to dlp all the time. the only ride ive had a problem with is space mountain and thats only if i sit in the back of the carriage. indy is a tight squeeze but you should be fine

Courtman

Sequoia Lodge is one of my favourite hotels at DLRP, really good theming. Last time we went though the Hunters Grill restaurant had changed from serving rotiserrie-style meats on a skewer to being a buffet, which was a bit naff.

Get the coach from the airport (€16 each way now) to your resort, and you can check-in straight away. If your room isn't available leave your bags at the storage place and hit the parks straight away. Similarly when you come to leave on the Thursday you can leave your bags and go to the parks, but I always aim to be one coach earlier than I need to because if the coach is full to the airport they just drive off. No point in leaving it too tight.

Food - lots of good places to eat from cheap to expensive. Some of the resort hotels have good food - New York and Newport Bay in particular. We like the Rainforest Cafe, and Annette's does good burgers but the service is not stunning. In the park there is Walt's restaurant, and the Blue Lagoon restaurant by Pirates - limited food choice there though. The best restaurant is the Silver Spur near the Phantom Manor, their steaks are perfect! Lucky Nugget in Frontierland does a good buffet. Plenty of counter-service places too.

davewasbaloo

The best restaurant is the Silver Spur near the Phantom Manor, their steaks are perfect!

:sohappy: Yay - someone who feels the same as us. Some many people look at us like we are crazy when we say Silver Spur is the best in park table service restaurant.

I am so sorry to hear about Hunters Grill. It used to be so awesome when they can to your table with skewers. Sounds like I'll give this place a miss next time.

davewasbaloo

Thanks for the great replies!
So main things we want to see are for a little girl crazy about princesses, fairytales etc. But also we want to get a feel for the rest of the parks. .

If your little one is into princesses, do not miss the parade in the Disneyland Park (the one in the Studios is good, but there are no princesses in that one - Tinker Bell and Mary Poppins are though). Also, you can stop at City Hall (it's the large building on your left after you go under the railroad then you get into DLP) and ask what characters are appearing the day you are there and where.

Also, she may enjoy seeing the tapestries and stained glass in the upstairs of the castle - they tell the story of Sleeping Beauty. Also, although the food and service are average, the Auberge de Cindrillon table service restaurant has her coach and also tapestries telling the story of Cinderella, that may be an option for you.

We have an early morning flight to Paris leaving UK at 6.30am, and we depart at 6.40pm on the Thursday, is there anything we need to be aware of ie luggage etc?

I think someone else has this covered, but here are the details of the coach service vea shuttle.

And Sequoia Lodge has a left luggage counter as stated, where you can leave your gear when you arrive and also when you depart.

Have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom