week 4 challenge aug 9-16

Coree

and this is really bad, because i am thinking about this stuff in my sleep now! LOL i had a dream that my granddaughter made a layout for me to post here LOL maybe after the boys start school again, i will let her try a page. (she is 2 yrs old, think that will go over well?

Oh my goodness. My daughter is 2 and I keep her as far out of my scrapbook stuff as possible! She loves to look at pictures and just cannot keep her hands out of it if it's open. Really limits my ability to get pages done when I can only work on them after she goes to bed at night or during her naps on the weekends (not that there aren't other things that I SHOULD be doing then). :D

Luckily, we have a woman I work with who is also a Creative Memories consultant. She's starting up a scrapbooker's club in our office and we're going to do a 6-midnight crop one Friday a month. The first one is a week from today and my husband is watching our daughter so I can go. I can't wait for the six hours of uniterrupted scrapbooking. Yay!

mouselvrmom

Oh my goodness. My daughter is 2 and I keep her as far out of my scrapbook stuff as possible! She loves to look at pictures and just cannot keep her hands out of it if it's open. Really limits my ability to get pages done when they have to be after she goes to bed at night or during her naps on the weekends (not that there aren't other things that I SHOULD be doing then). :D

My kids pretty much know that my scrapbook area is off limits to them. It really help to get things done when I just leave it out most of the time.

Although, the other night they were crawling around under that table by where I had some open paper, I really don't know why. But my son had chocolate milk in his mouth and he ended up laughing. It came out all over a just opened pack of cardstock. Needless to say, I was not very happy with him! :mad:

mouselvrmom

I've got this weeks layout done. I thought I wouldn't procrastinate this time!

I really liked this challenge, too. It's hard to tell in the picture, but my background is really lavender, it looks kind of white in the picture. I also have a paper clip, it's just hard to see.

IMG_0233.JPG

Disneyfalcon

That's really pretty Jenn! Are the flowers from the cricut too?

I actually already finished mine this week! I realized later that I took the pictures from the summer months in my organizer but they certainly don't scream summer.

I'll post it sometime soon!

Disneyfalcon

Well right after I said that my kids got off the desktop and I was able to upload my pic!

Yea, I finished early this time!!:sohappy:

IMG_0715001.jpg

haveyoumetmark

Hello again everyone!
I figured I would give digital scrapbooking a try. Since I'm really interested in graphic design and used to scrapbook, I figured this would be fun and pose a challenge. So here's one of my first ever digital scrapbooking pages:
Week4ChallengeSummer.png

I like it, but I think the pictures ruin the page. That shouldn't be a problem though, because pictures should really enhance the page. I'm not sure, I just I really don't like their layout. I don't think I chose the right pictures either for some reason. My friends and colleagues are subjects in all of these because I'm really more of a behind-the-camera kind of guy. I love photography. Anyway, I love everyone's pages this week. You all are SO creative! Great job!

Coree

Tami--very cute page. I love the layout in general with the various sections.

Mark--I don't think the photos ruin the page at all. The whole page is really nice and I do love the background.

Man, with so many people going digital I'm going to feel really old fashioned before too long continuing with my traditional methods. :)

eagles

Original Poster
Hello again everyone!
I figured I would give digital scrapbooking a try. Since I'm really interested in graphic design and used to scrapbook, I figured this would be fun and pose a challenge. So here's one of my first ever digital scrapbooking pages:
Week4ChallengeSummer.png

I like it, but I think the pictures ruin the page. That shouldn't be a problem though, because pictures should really enhance the page. I'm not sure, I just I really don't like their layout. I don't think I chose the right pictures either for some reason. My friends and colleagues are subjects in all of these because I'm really more of a behind-the-camera kind of guy. I love photography. Anyway, I love everyone's pages this week. You all are SO creative! Great job!

i love your layout, the pics go great. (in my opinion) i am no expert in anything, but i know what i like, and i like this.

i do love your page! now i want to know how you got the design on the background paper? do you have a plug in? what program are you using?

i am so glad you have decided to join us!

eagles

Original Poster
This is my first-ever all digital page.

Tami

scan0001b.jpg

i love this! you said this is your first ever completely digi layout, did you make up your own embellishments or buy them? they are so cute. what program are you using? (if you have already told me, i am sorry, i forgot.

eagles

Original Poster
mouselvrmom...did you use your machine? very nice page layout! so now what are we going to do for the rest of the week now that we finished our layouts? LOL

eagles

Original Poster
disneyfalcon, great page! is your background white? or is it a light purple/lavendar color? i sure wished that was done digitally, i would love to see that page with a black background.

and now that it seems most have us have finished, what are we to do for the rest of the week?

Disneyfalcon

Mark - wow that is just gorgeous. It looks like a graphic designer did it!! The pictures might not be perfect for those colors, but I don't think they take away from it at all.

Coree - I'll be right there and old fashioned with you! One day I'd like to move to a more hybrid look, but until I get that 12x12 printer, I'll be sticking with traditional with you!! Of course I have WAY too much stuff to go completely digital!

eagles - my background is white. I avoided white backgrounds for years and lately I've moved back to them sometimes because I think they make the pictures pop.

I love seeing all these layouts! Now that we have all this time, if anyone makes any other pages, post them so we can enjoy!!

Kid_at_Heart

Holy Wow-
Everyones layouts are gorgeous!

I won't be able to start mine until tomorrow night and I can't wait.

I'm just so impressed with all that I've seen so far!

mouselvrmom

Tammy & eagles, yes I used my cricut on that page. It is coming in very handy.

Tammy, I really love your page. Your flower idea is so cute! I love the ribbon for the stem!

Tami, what a great job on your first all digital page! I really love the beach theme!

Mark, I love your europe page! I think the pictures go really nicely with the page and the colors look so nice together!

I think as a whole, I really liked the theme this week. I love how the purples and yellows look together!

Now that I am finished with my page for the week, maybe I can try to catch up on the other pages I was working on. And if I get caught up, I always have my mom's book to do.

trose61

Man, with so many people going digital I'm going to feel really old fashioned before too long continuing with my traditional methods. :)

Honestly, I don't see myself going digital on a regular basis - I really prefer the texture, look and feel of a hand done page. That's just me. It was great for the challenge - and gave me an idea for a page for another book.

I'm also fortunate that I have an office in my house where all my scrapbooking stuff is, with a gate that my 20 month old great nephew (who lives with us) cannot get through - yet. :)

Tami

trose61

i love this! you said this is your first ever completely digi layout, did you make up your own embellishments or buy them? they are so cute. what program are you using? (if you have already told me, i am sorry, i forgot.

eagles,

The embellishments on my page came with the program. Except for the paperclip, I already had that :)

The program is Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer from Broderbund.

Tami

haveyoumetmark

Thanks everyone for all of your positive remarks about my page! I really do love all of your pages. The color schemes are simply wonderful and everyone is organized so well!

Tami--very cute page. I love the layout in general with the various sections.

Mark--I don't think the photos ruin the page at all. The whole page is really nice and I do love the background.

Thank you! Don't feel old fashioned at all! I think that nothing can really match the charm of traditional scrapbooking. All of the textures and layers, etc. I love it! I just haven't scrapbooked in ages, so I don't have any supplies as of now. I also don't have an orgaized area. I really did digital because I just wanted to practice graphic design really. Three-demensionally, nothing matches a traditional scrapbook page. I just think they're great.

i love your layout, the pics go great. (in my opinion) i am no expert in anything, but i know what i like, and i like this.

i do love your page! now i want to know how you got the design on the background paper? do you have a plug in? what program are you using?

i am so glad you have decided to join us!

Thank you very much! I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3. I don't think very many people use it for scrapbooking. I really use it for making website layouts or advertisements (not professionally of course). It's really just a hobby, and I hardly ever use it on photos.

As for the background paper, I just used a floral brush and a swirl brush in the top left corner. Custom brushes are mostly user-created and are available for download to all over the internet. They have to be used with a compatible program of course, but I'll offer a link to an example.

This is an amateur graphic design website, he's trying to go professional and I think he's doing a great job. This link goes to his page where he has photoshop brushes that he made for people to download. The colorful banner at the top is something he made, and it's along the lines of what I try to do. He made it in Photoshop CS2 and I think he did a great job. This isn't my website, I wish it was though :lol:. I don't have a website, but I might throw up a page with similar content in a few months. Although it won't match the skill and creativity showcased here: http://rewindd.com/resources/brushes.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom