Wedding Vow Renewal ???

adamcav

Original Poster
Hey all,
I have a friend who knows I'm a big Disney fan and they asked me a question that I need some help with.

They are interested in renewing their wedding vows and happen to be going to WDW later this year. Their sister told them that a friend of a friend was able to do a wedding vow renewal ceremony on a boat at the GF and that for $20/head they were supplied with little hors d'oeuvres. Now they are asking me what I know about it.

Is this true?? It definitely doesn't sound like anything I have heard of before or that I have read about on the Disney Wedding website.

Does anyone have more specific knowledge of Disney Wedding things?

darrin933

I am getting married on Oct 20,2008 at the chapel. I also am renting yacht one. The cost to rent the yacht from the GF was around 250 to 350 and hour I believe, and it is extra for anything I want supplied on it. I cant wait. I am having my reception in one of the private rooms at the California Grill and I am having the yacht pick everyone up at the chapel and take them to the boat dock of the contemporary.

phillyfan77

Does anyone have any more info concerning renewing your wedding vows at WDW? I've been to the above website and nearly fainted when I saw the prices that are being quoted. I'm looking for something simple and lowkey that will only involve my wife and I... no guests.

sweetpee_1993

I don't have a link or anything but I'm pretty sure the Swan & Dolphin do wedding/vow renewal packages. Also, check with the other hotels on property that are not Disney-owned. I think I've seen something somewhere along the way that said they did some package deals as well.

I hear ya, tho. I'd love to do a vow renewal with my DH. This year will be our 15th anniversary. When we initially got married we couldn't have the wedding we wanted. I'd love to do it Disney-style. :)

sweetpee_1993

I've dreamed of doing the vow renewal for a looong time...but then I start looking at the cost and think "Wow. I could buy a nice DVC membership with that..." I'm too practical.

If I won the powerball, however..... :D

J_Krafty24

Does anyone have any more info concerning renewing your wedding vows at WDW? I've been to the above website and nearly fainted when I saw the prices that are being quoted. I'm looking for something simple and lowkey that will only involve my wife and I... no guests.

If you are going to do an official Disney vow renewal then you have to go thru Disney and go with the prices from that site. I don't believe they have a lower key option than the escape weddings.

That said there would be nothing preventing you from renting out a boat for a wishes or illimunations cruise and having something that you two plan yourselves on the boat. I'm sure the contacts for the cruises can help with ideas to make it special.

princsslily

I am actually planning my vow renewal in August. I just sent off my contract and waiting for save the date cards to be sent out to family and friends. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but we are doing it to celebrate 10 wonderful years and three beautiful sons together. We want our sons to see us comitt to each other all over again and for them to be a part of the ceremony this time. Also, it is going to be a great extended family trip. We just booked our flights today, I can't wait!!!

EvilQueen-T

vow renewal at wdw: locations

Does anyone know if there are any other park sites offered for night time events within the parks themselves or do they stick to those listed only on the website? I've done a general search on the web and it looks like in the past there were locations/sites that aren't listed on the current disney website that have been used for weddings and vow renewals.

gracek.

I never heard of such a thing. I don't think that this is really true. Maybe this is just in planning or a good spread rumor, but I never heard, that they do that.
The wedding vow renewal is a very wonderful and cute idea. I like that really much. It is honest and it shows that out there, there still are couples that love each other unconditionally without feeling the need to cheat on each other. I really support that. Very beautiful

EvilQueen-T

http://fredammons.com/wedding/index.htm

the link above is an example of what i was talking about. i understand from what i read that these people booked it like an after hours event but with that said a year or two ago i was watching past weddings online at disneys site and they show/describe weddings in the rose garden for instance and show the pics at night. was just wondering if they do anything like that anymore is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom