Wedding Planner Roulette

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
My daughter is getting married at wdw in October 2014. We chose our date at the one year out point and did the contract etc...in their time frame and everything was moving smoothly. Since being telephone introduced to our first wedding planner we seemed to have entered a game of wedding planner roulette. We've already been assigned then reassigned to a total of 3 planners and 2 assistants. Here's what we've been told. The first planner, Clay, was a disney planner for years but who'd left disney for a while then came back...and then left again. The second one, Danny, left for a family emergency which I found out today when planner number 3 called (Vita). Vita also informed me that Amanda the assistant we'd been dealing with was not her assistant so we'd now be dealing with Lisa...all this and we haven't even had our planning session yet. OMG! I feel like they're a revolving door right now. We went with disney, in part, to avoid this kind of drama. Anyone have this sort of thing happen?

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Wow, that sounds awful. Sorry you're having to deal with it!

We started our planning in January 2012 to get married in October of the same year. We talked with one person during the contract signing phase and then talked with our "official" planner, Michelle, for the rest of the time leading up to and on the day of the wedding. The only other people we talked to during that time frame were the photographer and my wife talked to the floral people.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Congratulations! That's how we thought it would be. I'm trying not to super stress over it since we don't have our planning session until Mar 21st, after that to be honest if this keeps up it will totally freak me out. Hoping this one sticks.

Sweet Melissa

A lot of people have had this happen. There seems to be a fair amount of turnover with DFTW, and then sometimes life just happens to get in the way. I was a Swan bride, but I got a new planner just a few weeks before my wedding because my original planner went on maternity leave the same week as my wedding. If it's any consolation, I've heard lots of positive feedback about Vita.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
A lot of people have had this happen. There seems to be a fair amount of turnover with DFTW, and then sometimes life just happens to get in the way. I was a Swan bride, but I got a new planner just a few weeks before my wedding because my original planner went on maternity leave the same week as my wedding. If it's any consolation, I've heard lots of positive feedback about Vita.

Thank you, that does help actually. And glad things worked out for you too.

wdwpooh1027

My daughter is getting married at wdw in October 2014. We chose our date at the one year out point and did the contract etc...in their time frame and everything was moving smoothly. Since being telephone introduced to our first wedding planner we seemed to have entered a game of wedding planner roulette. We've already been assigned then reassigned to a total of 3 planners and 2 assistants. Here's what we've been told. The first planner, Clay, was a disney planner for years but who'd left disney for a while then came back...and then left again. The second one, Danny, left for a family emergency which I found out today when planner number 3 called (Vita). Vita also informed me that Amanda the assistant we'd been dealing with was not her assistant so we'd now be dealing with Lisa...all this and we haven't even had our planning session yet. OMG! I feel like they're a revolving door right now. We went with disney, in part, to avoid this kind of drama. Anyone have this sort of thing happen?

Congrats to your daughter. I got married there December 08, 2013. We were originally assigned to Amy R and then got to our PS and found out we were reassigned to Val because Amy had a family emergency. In the long run it worked for us because Val is amazing. Unfortunately, this kind of stuff happens. I heard Vita is good. Good Luck with everything.

Last edited:

Iron turtle

Yes we did my husband and I had are wedding October 2010 same thing happen to my daughter October 2012 everything turn out great!

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Yes we did my husband and I had are wedding October 2010 same thing happen to my daughter October 2012 everything turn out great!

Good to know thanks. That means something when these things happen and you were still confident enough to go through that process with them a second time. Things seems to be coming along now...we've gone a few weeks without a new planner lol. The big planning and tasting session is in just 4 more days :jawdrop:

Iron turtle

Good to know thanks. That means something when these things happen and you were still confident enough to go through that process with them a second time. Things seems to be coming along now...we've gone a few weeks without a new planner lol. The big planning and tasting session is in just 4 more days :jawdrop:
When is the wedding we are cruising in October ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom