WEDCAR Race Season 1- Contest Thread

Zweiland

Original Poster
ljvq.png

Welcome to this new Imagineering contest hosted by me and @Matt7187!

STANDINGS:
@Voxel-------------- 10 points
@RMicheal21------- 10 points
@jdmdisney99------- 7 points
@Vipraa-------------- 6 points
@englanddg---------- 0 points
@MA Screamin'------ 0 points
@ctxak98------------ 0 points
@kermitdefrog------ 0 points

This is no ordinary contest. We're staying in the same resort the whole time, and it will be a resort that you dream up! Here are the rules/guidelines:

• Each challenge will ask you to design a new part of your resort, whether it is a park, a hotel, a specific land in the park, or something else. Some challenges will be very broad, and you should NOT go into much detail (don’t worry, usually in later challenges you will be able to provide the specifics).
  • Depending on the difficulty and time to complete, the winners will receive a different amount of points for each challenge. The amount of points the winners get will be announced at the same time of the challenge announcement.
  • This is the WEDCAR Race! For each day you submit your proposal early, you will receive 1 extra point. You can earn up to 3 extra points per challenge. You will have to think carefully to achieve the correct balance between an early proposal and a proposal with good content.
  • If you’re falling behind, don’t worry! The 2 competitors in last place, unless there are ties, will be offered an “extra credit” opportunity.
  • At the end of the competition, your resort will be judged as a whole. This means everything will be judged on how it ties together with everything else! This is the most important challenge. Even if you are way behind at the end, if your resort has a sense of unity and completeness you could go on to win.
  • You can use past concepts (meaning by yourself, by someone else, or by the Imagineers), but be sure to say you are using them. If possible, provide a link to a page explaining the concept. Also, if using a concept by another member of this site, try to obtain permission beforehand. If you do use a past concept, your score will go down unless you include your own original elements.
  • There will be a separate discussion thread. Please keep all non-proposal posts to that thread.
  • Have fun! This goes without saying. Remember to familiarize yourself with the list of rules above, and you’ll find that this isn't so hard after all!
  • There will be a "guest judge" for each round who will help critique. @Matt1787 and I will invite them via PM.
Again, please keep all non-proposal posts to the discussion thread at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wedcar-race-season-1-discussion-thread.877770/.

If there are no objections, we can begin the first challenge soon! Good luck!

Last edited:

Matt7187

Challenge One: Getting Started

For this challenge, we want you to give the general concept of your resort. Where is it located? Is there actually space there? Where? How many parks will you have? What are they? Here are the requirements:
-Give a location for the resort. Be specific!
-Give at least 3 parks, and what there themes are.
-Give 4 resort complexes, their themes, prices, capacity, and transportation to other amenities of the whole property
-Give a Downtown Disney complex, and a location
-Give at least 2 more other things, like a mini golf/water park/ etc.
-Give a map of your whole resort (either computer generated or by hand)

There you go, aspiring imagineers! Let your imagination run free! Due date Saturday, December 14 at 12pm EST. Good luck!

jdmdisney99

Walt Disney Galaxy

Okay, so this is a very unique resort. It's not in North America and it's not in Eurasia (Europe+Asia). No it's not anywhere near South America or Africa. @WED99 , don't get excited because it isn't in Australia either ;). In fact, this new Disney resort isn't anywhere on Earth...that's right. This resort is on the moon.

extremomap.jpg

The new Walt Disney Galaxy is located in a lunar colony founded by the United Nations on the moon in 2035 (sooo my whole project will be in a bit different global situation). Disney, under my executive control (Mwahahahahahaaaaa!!!), would be a major contributor to the new lunar colony, named Extremo after the word for limits (as in outer limits), with a vision akin to Walt's want for global unity. The whole state would be based around the Apollo 11 landing site.

extremoflag.jpg

Disney would work with the UN to construct this large tourist attraction on the moon, as well as aid in the construction of New EPCOT (labelled just as EPCOT on maps) , a counterpart to the now older, smaller EPCOT that would be built (Mwahahahahahahaaaa!!!) in Florida. The Walt Disney Galaxy would be located in the north-northwest area of the colony. The main communities would be bubble communities inside large, mostly glass domes, filtering and producing oxygen so residents and tourists may breathe freely. The glass in the bubbles could be adjusted and tinted to compensate for overpowerful solar winds. Getting between these domes is easy with the EX Highway 1, a covered roadway with exits at all major areas of the colony. The roofs of the road would sometimes be windows and other times be screens projecting cool images above. Similar to national parks on Earth, the Apollo 11 International Park would preserve the large land mass around the area where the first men touched down on the moon. Disney would deliberately support this effort to preserve lunar history. Two communities (more rural and country-like than New EPCOT) would be located in the micro-nation opposite New EPCOT. One would be Lincoln, Extremo, named after the honest leader that once roamed Luna's counterpart, and the other named Armstrong, Extremo after the first man to ever walk on Luna in an area just miles away from the new community. Servicing all flights to the Moon would be the new SpacePort Luna, a futuristic counterpart to SpacePort America, SpacePort Sweden, Caribbean SpacePort, SpacePort Brasil (concept), SpacePort Paris (concept), SpacePort Malaysia, SpacePort Australia (concept), SpacePort Hawaii (concept), SpacePort Alpha (satellite, concept), and SpacePort Beta (satellite, concept), etc. Spacelines would fly in and out daily. Eventually, recreational spacecraft (INTERSTELLAR) could also fly to and from the port. The whole state would expand and grow over time. The park is approximately 6 miles long and approximately 28 square miles in area.

wdglogo.jpg

-Give a map of your whole resort
Here you go...

WaltDisneyGalaxymap.jpg

Walt Disney Galaxy is called that because we already have Disneyland, and we already have Walt Disney World. Well now we are in space, and this is a galactic adventure, the biggest project undertaken by Disney Parks. So we call it Walt Disney Galaxy. Now before we start discussing the attractions and conveniences at the resort, I want to point something out. A big part of the draw to the resort is location. It is on the moon. With a glass dome. Period. Obviously, most of these activities would include the tagline "Seriously, who wouldn't want to do that on the moon?!" So I just wanted to let that go out there now. Everything would be a heightened experience, but that isn't the only kick.

Located at #1 on the map, we have Disneyland Luna. It is a classic Disneyland style park, yet drastically different. It contains the adventurous themes Walt considered based on entertainment (fantasy, adventure, the future, the cultures of the world, etc.). At #2 we have Disney's Adventure Empire. It is similar to the park I designed for Master of the Parks, but with some tweaks and fixes. It is still themed to the adventurers and explorers of the world and I placed it here for contrast. A lush, green park in the middle of a dusty, desolate landscape. Finally, at #3 on the map we have Walt Disney's Hollywood Studios. it is a newer park, much grander and well-themed than it's Earthly counterparts, and themed to major Hollywood studios and the 'golden age' city of Hollywood.

-Give 4 resort complexes, their themes, prices, capacity, and transportation to other amenities of the whole property
All resorts have a main monorail station at or very near them (the two complexes with three resorts have one main station at the moderate resorts). Guests can also travel by boat on the resort's many canals or by walking, the suggested method, for awe-inspring, peaceful views of the beautiful Earth-set and Earth-rise. And at this resort, with the high guest income to the moon, there would be different levels of resorts; Ultra, Deluxe, Moderate and Value. (there would also be a tower in New EPCOT)

Ultra (3), Price-US$600/night, 250 rooms each
-Sharpe Point Adventure Resort - located at 8 on map, themed to a far off exotic jungle and explorers' camp
-Horizon Tower - A futuristic tower located alone on the half lush, half dusted northwest boundary of the resort with views to the horizon of the moon.
-Minas Tirith - This is a resort based on the mythical city from the classic Lord of the Rings books and films. It is located just west Lake Marceline, resting on the edges of the canals. Limited rooms available due to the unique space and theming used to accurately recreate the city.

Deluxe (8), Price-US$500/night, 600 rooms each
The eight deluxe resorts are all located within the Lake Marceline region.
4 located by #5 (TTC). Together they form a sort of tunnel and the Freedom Resort Complex...
-Freedom East - it is a futuristic representation of where mankind can go.
-Freedom West - it is a futuristic representation of where mankind can go.
-Culture East - it is a look back at our history and where mankind has been (with different themed rooms/US, Asia, etc.)
-Culture West - it is a look back at our history and where mankind has been (with different themed rooms/US, Asia, etc.)
1 located by #1 (Disneyland Luna). Fits in with the Realm of Adventure...
-Fort Teach - an old abandoned pirate fort is now being reopened to residency.
1 located behind Disney's Adventure Empire
-Wilderness Junction Campground - The resort's actual forest campground fits right in with the lush woods of the park.
2 on either side of Walt Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Hollywood Tower Hotel - That's right, you can now stay in the haunted hotel where terror once struck in 1929.
-Death Star III - Yep, it's an amazing new resort where you can walk the halls of the ultimate weapon and sleep in rooms resembling a detention block with bedrooms even resembling cell 2187.

Moderate (3), Price-US$425/night, 750 rooms each
-The Disney Inn - located in between A and B on the map, this resort is themed to a rustic, comforting bed & breakfast. I considered making it have military benefits like Shades of Green, but ruled this out because of possible international disputes.
-Hotel Augustine - this is the largest resort out of the three that are just north of Disneyland Luna (#1). It is a Victorian resort similar to that of the GF and HKDL Hotel.
-Hôtel d'Isigny - this resort is in the spot counter to the Hotel Augustine between the two southeast value resorts. It is themed to a Parisian hotel and street, named after Walt's ancestors themselves.

Value (5), Price-US$375/night, 1000 rooms each
-Crest O' the Wave - located in section D on the map (Boardwalk), this is a resort themed to the beachside motels and hotels found on the east coast shores. It is unlike the Boardwalk Resort in WDW as it is a bit smaller.
2 flanking Hotel Augustine, completing the American resort area
-Pop Century Resort - the resort finally comes to fruition in a proper manner, splitting the century up into halves. However, this hotel is much more detailed in American pop culture and not so fake.
-Legendary Years - themed to pop culture from 1900 to 1950
-Classic Years - themed to pop culture from 1950 to 1999
2 flanking Hôtel d'Isigny, completing the European resort area
-Venetian Resort - this is based on Venice, Italy and features villas and rooms surrounded closely by small canals. Some rooms, if chosen, are accessible only by personal gondola.
-Swedish Lodge - A smaller, comforting lodge that "rests just above the Arctic Circle"

Here we have a new Dowtown Disney complex called Disney's World Market, located at C on the map. It has many different themed areas including different cultural marketplaces, a night district and more!

D. The Boardwalk - another merchandise, dining and entertainment district. Themed to a classic American coastal boardwalk. As in a lot of current boardwalks, it contains mini golf courses, arcades and a small amusement park that doubles as a water park.
A. Palm Golf Course
B. Hyperion Golf Course (with companion mini golf course)
4. Walt Disney Studios Extremo - a new branch of the Disney film studios is the first film studio to open of the moon. Sure, the idea didn't take off in Florida, Paris or Tokyo. But the Moon is up for grabs, as there isn't an established location (Hollywood) to steal the spotlight.
5. Transportation and Ticket Center - a main hub for monorails and ferries.
6. Disney's Atlantis Water Park - a water park themed to Atlantis
7. Discovery Island - an animal sanctuary full of varying and attractive foliage as well as containing the Sharpe Point Resort.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
I will not be able to Submit anything for this due date. I won't be back from the world till Monday. However I will present it as soon as I can (with out points) and will play catch up

Zweiland

Original Poster
I will not be able to Submit anything for this due date. I won't be back from the world till Monday. However I will present it as soon as I can (with out points) and will play catch up
Thank you for telling us, and that is completely fine. However, I must remind you to post in the discussion thread from now on. ;) The reason for that rule is so I can find the proposal posts easily. After this, there will be point penalties.

Matt7187

Y
Thank you for telling us, and that is completely fine. However, I must remind you to post in the discussion thread from now on. ;) The reason for that rule is so I can find the proposal posts easily. After this, there will be point penalties.
Yes, there will be reprimandings

Sam Magic

Challenge One: Getting Started

For this challenge, we want you to give the general concept of your resort. Where is it located? Is there actually space there? Where? How many parks will you have? What are they? Here are the requirements:
-Give a map of your whole resort (either computer generated or by hand)

There you go, aspiring imagineers! Let your imagination run free! Due date Saturday, December 14 at 12pm EST. Good luck!
This actually sounds really, really, really fun! Good luck guys, for those of you maybe 'lacking' in ideas I will post a non-entry example of somethings you guys could do. If it's okay with Matt I would be fond of doing this with each challenge but I do not want my ideas to be entry's or judged.

RMichael21

Welcome to the Disneyland Texas Resort!

This is the newest and most advanced resort in the world owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company!

The Disneyland Texas Resort consists of three theme parks, one water park, a miniature golf course, a dining and entertainment complex, four resort hotels and four multi-level parking structures. Located in Fayette, Texas, this brand new resort is the perfect place for families, groups and even singular people to have the vacation of their lives. The reason why I have chosen this location is that there is a TON of land, for a smaller price, the weather is very nice year round, it is relatively untouched by the theme park industry and still is somewhat near Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston. The resort is approximately 51.84 miles from Austin, 98.32 miles from Houston and 102 miles from San Antonio. You can access the resort from all 4 of these cities by a high-speed train that will be built to make the trip shorter. The resort branches off at a large main esplanade. (Do not think of Disneyland’s because it is much bigger then that). Here, you can access Disneyland Park, Discovery Gates, Walt Disney Studios, Downtown Disney, Disney’s Aquaventure Water Park, the miniature golf course, the parking structures and the 4 resort hotels.

Theme Parks:

Disneyland Park- Every Disney Theme Park Resort needs a theme park like the original! This version includes Main Street U.S.A. on a scale similar to the Magic Kingdom’s, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Fronteirland, Tommorowland, Mickey’s Village and Edison Square. Your favorite attractions will be mixed in with some new, exciting attractions.

Discovery Gates- Welcome to an all-new theme park experience. This theme park is focused around the elements of discovery, adventure and imagination. This park consists of multiple lands. They are Port Discovery, The Rain Forest, Ocean Cove Point, Serengeti Plains, Camp Adventure, Disaster City and Bamboo Forest.

Walt Disney Studios- Now, I know this park “technically” already exists, but this is a revamped, new, completely different version. This theme is based off of Hollywood and the magic behind movies, television and stage performances. This park has multiple themed lands. These are Hollywood Land, Marvel Studios, Production Central, Broadway, Scifi Strip, Route 66 and the Animation Back lot.

Resorts:

Disney’s Grand Texan Resort and Spa- This hotel is based off of the wild frontier of the mid-west. Stay in a luxurious, spacious suite suitable for up to 6 guests or a standard room that can accommodate up to 4 guests. This hotel has approximately 850 rooms and they are starting at $549 a night. You can also access the main Disneyland Texas Resort esplanade by water taxi and walkway.

Disney’s Rainforest Resort- This hotel is considered a moderate hotel. Its theme is heavily based on Discovery Gates’ Rainforest area and is the perfect tropical getaway. Accommodations are from $200 a night and holds 900 rooms. You can access the main Disneyland Texas Resort esplanade by water taxi and walkway.

Disney’s Italian Resort and Villas- This hotel is a moderate hotel. Its theme is the cities of Rome and Venice and it’s beautiful sights, sounds and architecture. The hotel has approximately 900 rooms and 45 individual villas. The prices start at $300 a night for a room and $350 a night for a villa. You can access the Disneyland Texas Resort esplanade by Water Taxi, gondola, and walkway.

Disney’s Hollywood Hotel- This hotel is considered a value hotel. Its theme is based off movies and show business. The hotel has approximately 1,200 rooms and prices start at $110 a night. You can access the Disneyland Texas Resort esplanade by Water Taxi and walkway.

Downtown Disney:

Downtown Disney is divided into multiple sections. These sections are Disney Village, Newbury Street and Central Park. Some of the dining options here are, Houston’s, House of Blues, Chef Mickey’s, Fulton’s Carb House, Abe and Louis and much more. Some of the merchandise options are World of Disney, Goofy’s Candy Company, Minnie’s Bowtique and much more. Also, an all-new version of Cirque du Solei will be coming to the Disneyland Texas Resort. This Downtown Disney will be located towards the end of the esplanade where the parking structures are.

Water Park:

Welcome to Disney’s Aquaventure Water Park. There is a very interesting storyline behind this. Here it goes… On a regular day, in the middle of July, global warming had finally took its toll on the polar ice caps. Every last bit of it flooded and the ocean level has risen. The continents of the world have been flooded with water! This story is not only a new fresh idea, but it teaches about energy efficiency and the dangers of global warming. Here, the water park consists of a giant wave pool, 14 different slides, a lazy river; a zip line and a massive kid’s play area. This Water Park sits directly off the esplanade.

Miniature Golf Course:

This mini golf course is directly next to Disney’s Aquaventure Water Park and has the exact same storyline and theme. It consists of one, 18-hole course as well as Rock Climbing and a shark exhibit.

Map:

LOOK AT THE NEXT POST BY ME! :)

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Welcome to Disneyland Down Under. Located just south of Sydney Australia Disneyland Down Under will be the pride and joy of what Disney Imagineering can do.

THE PARKS
The first park build for this resort will be Disneyland Down Under located in the purple circle. This will be very similar to the Disneyland designs we know and love but will take lessons learned from disney land shanghai And Disney Sea when it comes to greenery.

Disney Unity will be located in a center of the complex in the lime green circle. This park will be a celebration on human achievement and will show off culture and technology that has progressed the world to where it is. Think Epcot on steroids.

And finally Disney's Studios (white circle) will pay tribute to the films of old while allowing films of today to be filmed side by side guest will ride roller coasters and one of a kind attractions next to film productions that will use the facilities for local filming or as headquarters for projects being filmed in Australia and New Zealand such films would end up being lord of the rings, hobbit, bridge to teribithia and more.

SHOPPING
Disney's Marketplace is one oft he largest Disney Shopping areas ever conceived. It will make use of interior and exterior walkways and a elevated electric train to move shoppers around the pavilion. The marketplace will contained bars,clubs, restaurants and over 200 shops making it a key destination for guess but for locals living in Sydney. Boats will transport visitors to and from a dock in Sydney till 2am

THE RESORTS
Walt Disney's Film Resort complex will be a value hotel with rooms and building themed to famous Disney Movies such as Lion king and The Little Mermaid. Prices will start at $100 a night and go up based on proximity to the monorail and room size. Located in the yellow square next to Disney's Studios.

The first moderate resort will be the pink/red square closest to the Disney Market Place and more importantly closer to the bars and clubs. This hotels the Walt Disney Edge will cater to the young couples and adults with Teens who want to be closer to the night light. The resort will have a slight Art Deco flare. Prices will start at $220 a night.

The second pink/red square that is further away from the Marketplace is the Disney Deco Resort which will be a dedication to my love for the contemporary and will be a deluxe and a moderate resort the main resort building will be a deluxe resort starting at 450 a night while the sub buildings will be moderates starting at $290 a night. The resort will be a mix of Art Deco and modern design.

The final resort will the Grand Australian (goldfish yellow) located on the edge of the water and will represent the grand hotels if the early vacationers Most of the rooms will have water views and prices start at $500 a night.

This are the main resorts more will be add to the grand plan as it becomes more set in stone.

OTHER.
Disney's Coastal Golf Dream (dark green circle) will a 32 Hole golf course that will allow for a variety of challenges and experiences. Golfer from around the world will come to visit and compete and a one of a kind gold experience.

Disney's Fantasy Water Park(blue circle) will make use of a natural feature to provide on of the most unique water park experiences. The park will be one of fantasy with slides riding about theses features but the beach and main body will remain the same for guess use. The beach will be protected form all fish and jelly fish from the use of a special net design.

Transportation Center.p (ugly yellow at the bottom) is the locations where up to 300,000 cars can park at one time with the help of specially design parking garages which will collect he carbon dioxide from cars to create electricity to help green a green environment. The parking will handle anyone going to any of the three parks and the Marketplace. The 24 monorails and a army if back up bus will handle the necessary flow for this system.
79af349f85a8b1ad114733d1ce31f12c_zps30eabd68.jpg

I apologize for my lack of detail I have been busy and I only had the last hour to work and put ideas to paper for points. More resorts will be added to the final design along with a better map over time.

Matt7187

Challenge Two: The Game Changer

Welcome to challenge two, folks. For this round, you will give me and my fellow judges a full concept of your main park, the one that can't be missed on your trip to your resort. What I will need from you is:

-A map of your park, showing where each land is
-A description of your park, including its theme
-A description of attractions, about 1-2 sentences long on average, but for the big rides, maybe 4-5
-At least three pieces of concept art, either a poster, a ride vehicle, whatever. It can be a picture from the internet, it doesn't have to be hand drawn

Good luck folks! This post will be updated most likely adding another guideline, so keep a look out! This challenge will be due on January 3rd at 11:59 PM EST. Happy holidays guys! That is why this challenge is so long, I want you guys to have a great holiday. If the due date needs pushed back, don't worry, I can accommodate that.

EDIT: The due date is now January 5th at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom