Website is at it again...

Kate Alan

Original Poster
If anyone is having issues making dining reservations this morning, apparently the system has not actually loaded reservation availability in the system for certain Epcot or DHS restaurants for the first week of February, Akershus and Mama Melrose being two of them. It shows no availability whatsoever for Mama Melrose past January 30th, and while Akershus shows tables available, it kicks back to the main dining page once clicked on. I spoke to a CM who said they are having issues on their end booking them as well and are unsure as to when they'll be posted, but hopefully it will be "later today...or in the next few days". :banghead:

Thankfully got everything else I needed, but can imagine this might be a bit of frustration for others!

Kat326

Our family is having issues making a reservation for DHS too (around the same time, last week of January). We've been trying to make a reservation for a Fantasmic! package, but when we go to the website and click on a time, it says nothing is available. On the phone a CM told my mom that nothing is in the system yet!!! Hopefully things get sorted soon, we've never had a problem with booking this before in all the trips we've taken!!!

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Yea...the DHS issues with Fantasmic packages were also happening with people booking in December. Some of the other restaurants have since opened slots (finally got my Akershus reservation), but DHS and Mama Melrose in particular still haven't posted.

NCO91590

I couldn't get Flying Fish for my trip....turns out it's being refurbished. Perhaps that's the case with Mama Melrose? Lots of construction over at HS, and makes sense at Akershus due to the new Frozen ride...

Kate Alan

Original Poster
I couldn't get Flying Fish for my trip....turns out it's being refurbished. Perhaps that's the case with Mama Melrose? Lots of construction over at HS, and makes sense at Akershus due to the new Frozen ride...

Mama Melrose had the same issue with December trip bookings and has since had times available, and I and a couple others on here have talked to reservations CMs who have indicated that their published reservation times are lagging for some reason, but will still be posted. Akershus was part of a website glitch regarding some other Epcot restaurants in which the system was listing reservations but hadn't actually made them available yet.

Pretty much nothing is safe long-term at DHS in that area of the park, but for right now it appears Mama Melrose is open. They just haven't posted the reservations yet.

Bummer about Flying Fish! My favorite restaurant on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom