Website hosting

grimgringhost

Original Poster
Hey, i didn't know where to start this thread so i put it here. I want to make my own disney world website, but i don't know who i should pick to host it. Who do all you website people out there have? And who's the best? (after i'm done y'll are gonna hafta come visit it) :animwink:

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
I use geocities (avoids thrown objects). I believe its perfect for my needs. But I am sure there are much better webhosting companies out there. And I'm sure people will chime in on this!

Disney4648

Here are the details about my account with Tripod.com

I got a FREE website and they give you 20MBs of space
You can have as many free sites as you want.
If you need more space, you can buy it at a really cheap price. Tripod supplies counters,guestbooks, boards and more.
If you undertand HTML and the technical stuff go to BRAVENET.COM and you can add Forums and Polls to your site. Now, there are more technical domains at Tripop, but if you want a domain name like www.wdwmagic.com you have to pay $14-19 . The typical domain for a free site is htt://wdw-disney.tripod.com which is my domain name but i created my site with no problems and its was easy.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lance

I started my site in July of 99, and I researched web hosts, and I decided on Geocities. Of course it was back when they didn't have those stupid pop-up ads.

As for html, I taught myself, I went out to Barnes & Noble and looked on the 50% clearance table and picked up a HTML book. It's pretty easy.

grimgringhost

Original Poster
yeah, i hear alot of people do it that way (reading books). What book did you read to teach yourself? I really want to learn, but I'm afraid it'll be too hard and I'll lost myself.:brick:

Lance

You can go to any book store and get a book, their should be a whole section for HTML. Mine was called Creating Web Pages with HTML, it's 3 years old, it was originally 25 bucks, I got it for 12 bucks. So always check the clearence table.

Tramp

...try 'www.freeservers.com'......they give ya 12 MB of space and limit the size of files u can upload and you'll have to live with a banner across the top.....BUT, it's free...and you can build your website there, try it out....and transfer it elsewhere....what's nice is that your URL will be your own domain name....they don't tack on their name into your address...

...if ya need more space...for $5 a month, you can increase it to 5oMB and no limit on file size....and you lose the banner.

...at least look at it before you decide..

...if you use web building software like Frontpage....you can learn HTML as you go along...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom