Weather in November/ December

cemeb4dk

we were there around that time in 08 and we had some days in the 70's and some nights in the 30's. It really can be a mixed bag of all weather types. So you need to pick a little something for every season.

EvilQueen-T

i grew up in orlando and now live about two hours north of wdw and can tell you that in dec 08 we were at wdw christmas week and wore shorts and t-shirts, then dec 09 we were there 5 days around the first weekend of the month and wore sweats two or three days and capris and jeans w/t-shirts the last two days. in the winter months our temps tend to run in 2-4 day streaks then cool off or warm up. rain is sporadic and much less common as compared to the daily afternoon rain we get in the summer. depending on how cold you are use to having weather you may not think it's cool at all. mainly we dress to accommodate cool (35-60) mornings and evenings but warm mid day (60-80). we usually go back to the hotel around lunch time to change OR rent a locker so we can leave jackets to not have to carry them around all day. late nov-mid to late jan are about the only months you can stand a chance of not melting in the florida sun.

EvilQueen-T

i like october especially during the mickey's not so scary halloween party. it's usually still in the 80s in october so keep that in mind when choosing a halloween costume if you go to the party (it's the only time even adults can wear costumes in the park). the decorations for fall are great too. if you like getting pics with characters it's a great time to go.

disneygirl1

The temps vary so much this time of year... When we were there is Dec '08 the temps were anywhere from the 60's to the 80's during the day and some nights it was chilly enough that we had gloves on while walking around DTD. You really need to pack for every season. Best bet would be to start monitoring the weather 10 days out for a better idea.

Love this time of year in Disney... Hope to be arriving on 12/3!

disneygirl1

^^^ Good luck!!! I love the planning and anticipation of a upcoming trip... It's killing me b/c I am surprising my son with our December trip (early christmas gift) so I don't have someone to share all the planning with like I normally do!

lehoa

Banned
Hi
I think that will be very different from this region to others in November
maybe we will live with snow and the sun in center but with Storm in the South
and the force of snow in Northen
Cheers

NutsForFlorida

I'll be going to Disney at the end of November through the first week of December. Being from MN, I'm sure it will be a lot warmer down there at that time then it would be up here. I'm wearing shorts the whole time!!!! Because when I get back home, it'll be back in our snow suits for the next 4 months.:mad:

Sloan

Averages

The averages during the time you had originally scheduled are about 75 for the high, and 55 for the low, with record highs in the mid 80's, and record lows in the mid 30's.

The averages during your 'new' vacation dates are around 82 for the high, and 63 for the low, with record highs in the low 90's, and record lows in the mid to low 40's.

I almost always schedule a trip for the first week in November - it has usually been pretty nice at that time, though I've been surprised a few times with how warm it has still been.

One huge advantage of your 'new' dates is that you will be there during the tail end of the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, which is my favorite Disney event of the year (and has been for many, many years now). However, you are most likely too late to get reservations for many of the best 'hard-ticket' events that go on during the festival. (there's still plenty of 'regular' Festival stuff for you to enjoy though).

EvilQueen-T

if this summers record high temps are any indication i have a feeling you'll still see it warmer than usual come october-november. it's not unusual to trick or treat sweating profusely and it looks like this may be another one of those years...crossing fingers for more moderate weather but not holding my breath. we're on the 43rd straight day of all time record high temps and we're only a touch over 2 hrs north of wdw orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom