Weather in Late Feb

m3owbox

Does anyone know what the weather tends to be like in late February, specifically the last week? Haven't been in Feb since I was a kid. Will it be decent enough for a swim? We are coming from North Dakota so anything will be much warmer than what we are used to. Thanks in advance.

NYwdwfan

Does anyone know what the weather tends to be like in late February, specifically the last week? Haven't been in Feb since I was a kid. Will it be decent enough for a swim? We are coming from North Dakota so anything will be much warmer than what we are used to. Thanks in advance.

Every year it's different - and can fluctuate a lot - but generally highs in the mid-70s and lows in the mid-50s and not much rain. The pools are heated to 85 degrees so you should have no problem being from Notth Dakota!

Upvote 0

PHS79

We are going to be there at that time also, February 19-28 for us. In 2013 we where that WDW February 8-16 That trip the temps most days were in the high 70s-low 80s but we also had one day of almost 90 and one day of mid 60s, it only rained for about 1 hr one night, just enough to clear the MK out so there were NO lines for rides!

We are hoping for similar weather this trip!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went in late February a couple years ago and it varied a bit during our trip the first couple days it was high 70's (maybe a low 80) with lows at night in the 60's-high 50's. Then the last two days it was 50's-low 60's as a high. We swam but it was a little chilly getting out of the pool until we dried. But we were also coming from temperatures ranging from below zero to the teens so overall it seemed hot to us!

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

You have to be prepared for anything. We were there the last week in February 2013. Sunday and Monday we swam but by Thursday we were wearing our heavy jackets. We had brilliant sunshine three days and rain for two. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

Upvote 0

patch553

weve been late feb for the last years and had brilliant sunshine,mega heat,heavy thunderey rain,frosts,cold wind!! as Worldlover71 sys hope for the best prepare for the worst!

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

I want to say our Feb trip was in 2007 and I know we swam at Pop but were in sweatshirts at one point that same week. I'm not sure about them heating all the pools at all times. This year at POFQ during Spring Break (March) we tried to swim but it was too cold. And several years back we were at AKL in May and it was like they were pumping ice water into the pool...they were doing construction around the pool area at the time so that may have had something to do with it. We'll be back at POFQ next week and should have one day up to 85 so the fingers are crossed for us to try a swim that day.

Upvote 0

Kevlar10

As everybody has already stated, you may see days that reach the 80s and days that dip into the 60s for the highs. Lows can ranges from the low 60s to the 40s. We have been there several times, last in 2013. We needed both shorts and medium jackets throughout the week. We kept our plans flexible enough so the hottest day we used to lounge around the pool. Just make sure you take a medium jacket and slacks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom