"We Will Win" signs posted over Universal Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

yeah i know i know i have heard that a thousand times now lol. But i heard It was suppost to open around 95 and be considered the first launched coaster. but FoF was dezined for the Paramount parks, in 96. There the heros who started the launch Method.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Yeah, Right Now Disney is doing bad

Originally posted by Justin
Were getting hammered into the ground and Universal is doing it. :hammer:

Universal isn't hammering anyone down. The guests who pay money to go to the parks have a choice of where to go to, and if Universal suddenly has more appeal than WDW, then tough. Maybe this is the beginning of the Universal Rennaissance.

pheneix

>>>Maybe this is the beginning of the Universal Rennaissance.<<<

If they would just break up from Vivendi it would be perfect.

cymbaldiva

If I wanted a mere thrill park, I'd do the 1 hour journey to Six Flags over Georgia instead of the 11 hour or so journey to WDW...enough said?

Talsonic

Account Suspended
The clock ticks.

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Maybe this is the beginning of the Universal Rennaissance.<<<

If they would just break up from Vivendi it would be perfect.

Universal Orlando has gotten so disparate that the Florida Lottery is now offering a "scratch off" ticket. How low can they go? Time will tell and time is not on their side.

pheneix

They've been doing discounts like that for years now. I remember seeing them before Islands of Adventure opened. And it is not like they are giving away childrens tickets (and the letting adults in for child prices) like Disney has for DCA.

Besides, other than that, there aren't any major discounts going on now that I know of. If there are, please post them.

And for the last time: ATTENDANCE AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL! HOTEL CAPACITY IS NORMAL! THE ONLY DIRECTION UNIVERSAL IS HEADED IN IS UP! What part of that continues to be glossed over here?

Disney4648

Ok here is my opinion. Vivendi Universal, the owner of Universal Orlando isnt doing so great. Their stock price hit a 52 week low and they have to sell USA Networks, the TV channel. If Vivendi Universal does any worse, I think that you can expect them to sell Universal Orlando. Now, who might buy Universal Orlando? There is Disney and if Disney buys it, there would be no competition between them, Busch Gardens could buy it and it would do bad with poor management. Or Cedar Park could buy it and I really dont know what would happen. So, there is a chance that Universal orlando might be sold. Now, I am not taking sides bwith either Disney nor Universal, only saying my opinion.:)

pheneix

>>>Their stock price hit a 52 week low and they have to sell USA Networks, the TV channel. If Vivendi Universal does any worse, I think that you can expect them to sell Universal Orlando.<<<

If they were to sell off USA Networks and UO, then Universal Studios itself would go with them. Besides, all indications are that the Bronfman family is going to buy back their assets from Vivendi. All of their former brands are performing strongly, are are set to clean house in the years to come. Their partnership with Vivendi has been nothing but a waste of time and billions of dollars, and they have made that point clear. Barry Diller is the wildcard here. If he were to buy back the assets himself, or gain control of them by becoming CEO of a spin-off company, then things would get interesting in a heartbeat. If he doesn't, then I doubt Universal would be ran any differently than it is now, other than they would not have to put up with Vivendi. That wouldn't neccessarily be a bad thing.

Main Street USA

Disney wouldn't be in the least bit interested in buying Universal. What the hell would they do with it? IOA is not their style and they already have a Studio park. Other than those two things (that they don't want) there isn't much else. Disney certainly doesn't need their land, what little there is.

cymbaldiva

They've been doing discounts like that for years now. I remember seeing them before Islands of Adventure opened. And it is not like they are giving away childrens tickets (and the letting adults in for child prices) like Disney has for DCA.

Besides, other than that, there aren't any major discounts going on now that I know of. If there are, please post them.

And for the last time: ATTENDANCE AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL! HOTEL CAPACITY IS NORMAL! THE ONLY DIRECTION UNIVERSAL IS HEADED IN IS UP! What part of that continues to be glossed over here?

I really don't have anything at all against Universal...I've never been to IOA because I'm not at all into thrill parks. My questions is, if you're SO into Universal, than why are you bothering a Disney site?

Disney4648

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Disney wouldn't be in the least bit interested in buying Universal. What the hell would they do with it? IOA is not their style and they already have a Studio park. Other than those two things (that they don't want) there isn't much else. Disney certainly doesn't need their land, what little there is.

Did you know that Disney tried to buy Universal but Vivendi bought them instead???

pheneix

>>>My questions is, if you're SO into Universal, than why are you bothering a Disney site?<<<

Probably because the happiest times of my life were spent with Disney before Eisner's one trick got old and he began dismantling it.

Disney4648

If you were wondering if Disney was interested, then you can see thier past history and see that they were interested.:animwink:

cymbaldiva

:mad: Dude! There's alot going on that I don't really agree with, but if you're not a Disney fan, maybe you should try to find another place to vent

pheneix

>>>if you're not a Disney fan, maybe you should try to find another place to vent<<<

I am a Disney fan, just not a fan of Disney as they are right now.

Main Street USA

Probably because the happiest times of my life were spent with Disney before Eisner's one trick got old and he began dismantling it.

Geez, I wish everyone would stop bashing Eisner. I'm not going to keep posting abd going back and forth over this. Eisner saved Disney from going under back in the day, maybe that is the "one trick" you spoke of. Also, any decisions made concerning the fate of anything in the Walt Disney Resorts are not his alone. There are many, many people involved in these decisions. If all of these people disagreed with him, he certainly wouldn't get his way.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Disney4648
If you were wondering if Disney was interested, then you can see thier past history and see that they were interested.:animwink:

Did oyu not read my last post? Here you are again writing "was" and "were." Once again, I'm talking about the PRESENT time. Disney does not need Universal, nor do they want to own their parks, RIGHT NOW, not then, RIGHT NOW.

pheneix

>>>>Eisner saved Disney from going under back in the day, maybe that is the "one trick" you spoke of.<<<

No, Eisner and Frank Wells (mostly Frank Wells) did. Eisner put people that knew what the hell they were doing in the right places, and Disney prospered, with Eisner taking all of the credit. Then Frank Wells, died, and all of a sudden everybody had to put up with Eisner himself. Needless to say that led to a great talent exodus that is becoming legendary in Hollywood. Then, he brought out his only trick, which is exploit every asset of the company for all it is worth, and he put people in charge that were professionals at exploitation.

>>>If all of these people disagreed with him, he certainly wouldn't get his way.<<<

When you put "Yes" men in control, disagreements generally aren't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom