"We Will Win" signs posted over Universal Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossil

Original Poster
Lately Universal Orlando has been putting up signs in the back of the resort Stating "We Will Win". I asked my cousin who works there what they meant and she told me that's there slogan for success since they want to beat Disney. I find that funny cause they never will! :hammer:

WDWspider

Originally posted by Fossil
Lately Universal Orlando has been putting up signs in the back of the resort Stating "We Will Win". I asked my cousin who works there what they meant and she told me that's there slogan for success since they want to beat Disney. I find that funny cause they never will! :hammer:

Spider-sense... tingling!

orlandoparks

Don't be so sure of yourself.

SykedOwt

Maybe they should come up with some original ride ideas before They Start Talking about beating Disney :p :p :p

Fossil

Original Poster
This was way before Spider-man. Do you actually think Universal Studios will beat Disney. To begin with Universal Orlando doesn't generate the great revenue Disney does. To try and make more money Universal needs to expand. They don't have enough space too...unless it's another close by location than it wouldn't be a resort. Anyway, Disney has the land to build three more parks and concieve a lot more money. Disney is the #1 tourist attraction in the world for some reason!:hammer:

bearboysnc

It depends on your idea of winning.

Is winning having more guests in the park?

Is winning making more money?

Is winning having fewer complaints or more compliments?

If "beating" Disney is a goal, then they have alot of work to do, just to hit Disney's lowest standard.

disneydudette

I dunno........

Universal could be taking the lead....i think its the plae to go for thrill rides......well IoA is........

i know this doesn't apply for ne of us here (hehe) but some people do grow out of WDW......as they get older they go for the trill rides

Disney is deffinaty the cleanest and nicest park.......and it can't compare to universal.........but most of us can admit it.......i kno I can.....If you want BIG BIG thrills......u go to IoA.....

And with WDW resort prices.......many stay off site...which opens them to SW and US and IoA.......

Don L Duck

Here is the latest update on that sign situation.
Seems they were all spelled wrong.
It should read "WE WILL WHINE"
Sorry for any misunderstanding.:lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
From speaking to Bob Gault personally, I can tell you what "We Will Win" is about. It is a campaign aimed at improving guest service at Universal, and adding more entertainment for guests to see.

I go to both parks on a semi daily basis, and I can tell you that Disney's standards are definitely lowering, while Universals are going up. Yesterday alone I had CM's yelling (that's right.. YELLING) at me for putting my CM ID into the fastpass machine the wrong way, and parking lot CM's telling me I couldn't go to drop off at MGM to drop off my nephew. And when I told management about this, I got laughed at in one case (fastpass) and told there was nothing they could do about it in the other one (parking lot).

Yet on the other side of Orlando theme parks, at Universal, employees can now be terminated for not smiling in guest areas.

hmm... those of you who are bashing Universal may soon be proven wrong (not to mention that WDW only has 2 confirmed new attractions in 4 parks, while UO has 3 in 2 parks, as well as a new show... hmm)

I think WDW may want to be rethinking its strategy soon

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hate to upset some people But... I find much of what Universal does to be intersesting and entertaining. I found the parks as clean as WDW, They seem to have fewer closed atractions, and when something is closed a replacement seems to go in ASAP.
As for CMs yes theres a big difference at US they were so disinterested I thought I was back in the UK or Paris. The problem seems to be younger staff, bigger chips! A problem that Disney now seems to be encountering.
I still find it strange thatso many people find the concepts of thrill rides as dirty words. If its well presented what does it matter. And IMHO Islands of Adventure is certainly that.
Disney has got where it is buy imagineering and the graft of CMs, if the standard of either drop then it is highly conceivable that Universal may be the best one day.
Certainly if the bean counters continue to rule the roost.

DanStat

IOA

I read a memo that said IOA is being considered one of the biggest financial failures in theme park history.

I don't think anyone can beat Disney.

Rider

Re: IOA

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I read a memo that said IOA is being considered one of the biggest financial failures in theme park history.

I don't think anyone can beat Disney.

No, I think that title would go to Euro Disneyland.

tenchu

The main difference i've always found is that the cm's at US tended not to be as friendly as the ones at WDW. But from what I've been hearing lately this may had changed!

dponisci

and universal is definitely trying to get people to stay at their parks for extended amounts of time by building new hotels and theyre all very nice and affordable including Portofino Bay, Hard Rock and the brand new Loews property. Theyre really making strides and i'm sure we'll see expansion again in the near future.

Dawn S

"Win"? Win what?

I've never understood why people think there is some contest here. Who cares who's got bigger numbers or more attractions?? If you like WDW, go there. If you like US/IOA, go there. If you like both, enjoy them both. What is the BIG deal?? :rolleyes:

tenchu

But every company is trying to monopolise the market. If they are better than the opposition, people will go there. If people don't go to the other parks, they will close. If the other parks close, everyone will go to the victorious company!

(Or something like that.)

disneydudette

If u ask me its a money market......and Compition (sp?) is the best thing to happen in the amusement park world......with out it many parks would not have been created!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If u ask me its a money market......and Compition (sp?) is the best thing to happen in the amusement park world......with out it many parks would not have been created

Conversely too much emphasis is put on the bottom line and eventually the Magic fades, as the things that made the diffrence are sacraficed at the alter of profit margins.

tenchu

Originally posted by happy snapper

Conversely too much emphasis is put on the bottom line and eventually the Magic fades, as the things that made the diffrence are sacraficed at the alter of profit margins.

Money makes the world go round. No matter what anyone says, it will always come back to money, at the sacrifice of most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom