Trip Report We tried New Things/Invasion of the Mother-In-Law- September 2016

Well, here we go!

The Basics-
Who- Me, Dale
daleres_zpsnpy7iizv.jpg

And my husband, Frank
frankres_zpsyjezqnen.jpg

What- Our annual anniversary trip, Celebrating 13 years together. (Full disclosure, we've only been married since July 1, 2015, a few days after it became legal. But we keep this anniversary as well, since I don't think it's fair to ignore the 12 years since we couldn't actually get married... )

When- September 15th- 22nd, 2016
Where- Caribbean Beach Resort- Pirate Room (Cause I am a child at heart and pirates are awesome)... might I come to regret this decision? We shall see...

(If you want more info, see my Pre-trip report http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-are-trying-new-things-darn-it-september-2016.915967/

I must start out by apologizing that there are no cute airport or plane pictures. I have lately become such a nervous flier. I'm not sure exactly when it started, I used to love flying and looking out the window, but probably about 3 years ago, it just kind of lost the appeal. Now, I need an aisle seat, and sit facing forward... not looking around, usually with my eyes closed, generally clutching onto Frank's arm.

But, the flight down was fine, actually, no turbulence to speak of, and we actually arrived about 38 minutes early. Once we were safely on the ground at MCO, I did snap this picture for instagram.
bands_zpskjtivabl.jpg

Once off the plane we headed to the Magical Express, waited maybe 5 minutes, then we were on, to be greeted by my namesake on the video screen!
chipdale_zpsakl03may.jpg

The ride was uneventful, and I chose a seat poorly since I was right next to one of the bars and the decal on the outside impeded my view a bit, but I did manage to snag a (slightly blurry) pic of this guy...
welcome_zpsjrdac2ls.jpg

We got to Caribbean Beach shortly after, and... our room wasn't ready. But I checked in and went to the concierge to pick up our tickets for The Hoop Dee Doo Revue, then checked my backpack and headed to the bus stop where I think we waited about 5 minutes for the bus, and while we were waiting, I snapped a pic of the Custom House (because for some reason, I didn't get a picture of the resort sign)
carbeach_zps18ksnrxe.jpg

So, then the bus came, and we got on to head to our traditional first park of the trip...
epcot_zpskkqdzjis.jpg

Seems like a good place to stop for now... To be continued...

catmandoo

Original Poster
Day 6 continued...

So where were we... Ah yes, Cupcake flavors... after using the awesome cupcake ATM, we stepped away and opened our boxes.
Olive Oil cupcake with Rosemary Orange glaze for me. (It was delicious)
orangerosemary_zpssgjonpia.jpg

And Vanilla Coconut for Frank.
cconut_zps2epdqivn.jpg

After our late breakfast of delicious cupcakes, we kept on walking until we were in more familiar territory. I took a picture of this lovely lego family... one of them in particular looks so lifelike!
legofamily_zps6cyktyzh.jpg

We bypassed World of Disney so we weren't backtracking and headed to the Days of Christmas store. I actually let out a little squeal when I saw this guy.
Eliott_zps5zcwbzhl.jpg

And yes... Frank bought him for me. (He actually matches our Christmas Tree perfectly... a neon pink tree that we decorate with black, silver, and green ornaments.)

There was also this cute oogie boogie that I did not buy, but I almost did.
cuteoogieboogie_zpsul0ceplr.jpg

We had a lunch reservation at T-Rex, so we headed over that way, and stopped in the Co-Op first, and Frank made me a new phone case (We had just gotten new phones the month before)... but I don't have a picture of it. Sorry.
We popped into world of Disney, but didn't buy anything yet, so we didn't have to lug bags around to lunch.
We headed out again, and the Volcano at Rainforest Cafe was going off. I quickly put the camera up to take some pics... and this one was perfect.
screddragon_zpseudaiq4x.jpg

He looks like he is fleeing in terror.

We were still a little early for our reservation so we sat on a little stone planter thing and waited a bit, but the line was filling up, so I went to check in. There were people getting upset that they couldn't just walk right in and get a table.
trex_zps1zur6hfz.jpg

Once we checked in, we didn't wait too long til we were taken to our seats... passed the bar on the way.
bararea_zpsvwbevg02.jpg

And were seated near the aquarium. You can see it on the left there.
viewfromtheseats_zpsp9rd3wds.jpg

I've actually eaten there before when I went on a trip with my friend a few years back, but Frank had never been and I love dinosaurs, so I didn't mind the repeat.
Of course, we started off with some drinks. #daydrinking Category 5 for me and a Coronarita for Frank.
draaaaanks_zpsei8ec1cb.jpg

Coming up.... Lunch and finishing up... and we go see about a mouse.

catmandoo

Original Poster
Day 6 continued...

We decided to start our lunch with an appetizer of the cleverly named Chicken T-Rexadillas.
quesadilla_zpssbzspgem.jpg

They were.. okay.
For my entree, I had the Triassic Trip, which was a skewer of shrimp, a shrimp and scallop baked thingy, and a flat iron steak.
triassictrio_zpsrled2xns.jpg

The steak was good... although a little more medium than medium rare... the skewered shrimp was decent, and the scallop/shrimp baked thing was... different? I dunno. The sauce was a little... clumpy? I dunno.
Frank had a NY strip with green beans and mashed potatoes.
NYstrip_zpshg62ugm0.jpg

He said it was "tasty"
And for dessert, I thought it was nice they let us combine our two desserts into the one that serves two, The Ice Age Indulgence. Which was fantastic.
iceageindulgence_zps5o8tilrp.jpg

When we were done, we got up and I wandered to take a few pictures, such as this one of a Wooly Mammoth.
mammoth_zpsrjd2sxom.jpg

And this T-shirt, which offers as good a choice as any of the other ones we had this year...
asgoodasany_zpszpmalssw.jpg

After lunch, we went to pick up my new phone case, then went into the lego store for a moment. And Frank would not buy me this reasonably priced lego set.
frankwouldnotbuymethis_zpsf8y1ux0e.jpg

How rude.
We went over to the other side of Disney Springs and went into the Star Wars store, where I saw this cute print that was too expensive for me to buy.
starwarspic_zpsjjngnchi.jpg

And the superhero store where Frank bought me a single "Captain America: Civil War" Vinylmation. A little back story to this... last year, we bought SO MANY Avengers vinylmations... and got Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow... twice. and some of them three times. All I wanted was Captain America. He is my favorite. I enjoy Chris Evans and his portrayal. So, Frank asked how many of the new ones I wanted to try, and I said None, cause I wouldn't get Cap anyway...
So we finished up in Disney Springs, and headed back to the resort for a little while before we headed out again... when we got there, Frank handed me the vinylmation box and, fully expecting ANYONE else, I opened it to reveal...
finallycap_zpsbvf0jgrv.jpg

FINALLY! (and there are Frank's pressed pennies in the background)
Shortly after, we headed down to the bus stop for our next destination... Frank was excited. Maybe for real.
onourway_zpsanz6j0me.jpg

Coming up- Day six continues... as step into a Dream...

wdwfamilynh

Day 6 continued...

We decided to start our lunch with an appetizer of the cleverly named Chicken T-Rexadillas.
quesadilla_zpssbzspgem.jpg

They were.. okay.
For my entree, I had the Triassic Trip, which was a skewer of shrimp, a shrimp and scallop baked thingy, and a flat iron steak.
triassictrio_zpsrled2xns.jpg

The steak was good... although a little more medium than medium rare... the skewered shrimp was decent, and the scallop/shrimp baked thing was... different? I dunno. The sauce was a little... clumpy? I dunno.
Frank had a NY strip with green beans and mashed potatoes.
NYstrip_zpshg62ugm0.jpg

He said it was "tasty"
And for dessert, I thought it was nice they let us combine our two desserts into the one that serves two, The Ice Age Indulgence. Which was fantastic.
iceageindulgence_zps5o8tilrp.jpg

When we were done, we got up and I wandered to take a few pictures, such as this one of a Wooly Mammoth.
mammoth_zpsrjd2sxom.jpg

And this T-shirt, which offers as good a choice as any of the other ones we had this year...
asgoodasany_zpszpmalssw.jpg

After lunch, we went to pick up my new phone case, then went into the lego store for a moment. And Frank would not buy me this reasonably priced lego set.
frankwouldnotbuymethis_zpsf8y1ux0e.jpg

How rude.
We went over to the other side of Disney Springs and went into the Star Wars store, where I saw this cute print that was too expensive for me to buy.
starwarspic_zpsjjngnchi.jpg

And the superhero store where Frank bought me a single "Captain America: Civil War" Vinylmation. A little back story to this... last year, we bought SO MANY Avengers vinylmations... and got Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow... twice. and some of them three times. All I wanted was Captain America. He is my favorite. I enjoy Chris Evans and his portrayal. So, Frank asked how many of the new ones I wanted to try, and I said None, cause I wouldn't get Cap anyway...
So we finished up in Disney Springs, and headed back to the resort for a little while before we headed out again... when we got there, Frank handed me the vinylmation box and, fully expecting ANYONE else, I opened it to reveal...
finallycap_zpsbvf0jgrv.jpg

FINALLY! (and there are Frank's pressed pennies in the background)
Shortly after, we headed down to the bus stop for our next destination... Frank was excited. Maybe for real.
onourway_zpsanz6j0me.jpg

Coming up- Day six continues... as step into a Dream...
@catmandoo, where are you? Can't wait to continue reading

catmandoo

Original Poster
Hi All, sorry for the delay. It's been a busy couple of weeks with the holidays and Family and such, but I'm back and ready to finish up day 6!

So, when we left off, Captain America had just been revealed and we were on a bus headed to...

Hollywood Studios!

When we got there, I tested out the zoom lens, and got this delightful picture of Mickey holding some sort of flying insect.
crossroadsupclose_zpsiglzfkw6.jpg

Now, we were actually there for a reason, and so headed right down the street. But then I saw the Star Wars Fashion show was going on, so we had to stop and watch from a better vantage point.

We arrived just in time for Darth Maul, but it was okay... cause when you've seen one Darth, you've seen... The Maul... Sorry.
maul_zpsna6fse6c.jpg

Then Kylo Ren came out (Did I mention I had a weird fascination with Kylo Ren? I'm not sure what it is...)
kyloren_zpsspzash4k.jpg

And then BB-8 was there. Love that little guy.
bb8_zpss4xdv7yz.jpg

Side Note- See the guy in the blue shirt? I hate when people hold their phones way up like that especially when they know others are behind them. Like... have some courtesy.

Anyway, when the fashion show was over, we headed down Sunset to the amphitheater (I had snagged a fastpass earlier in the day)
fantasmic_zpsyzx8qkly.jpg

Before heading to our seats, we stopped for some snacks and I got my third favorite Disney Snack.
mickeypretzel_zpsgyrlgtwx.jpg

Fun fact- (Slightly disturbing) I like to rip out his puffy eyes and eat them first. They are delicious with cheese dip.

So we went through the usual waiting period listening to the Disney Music and suffering through the Wave that inevitably happens when there is a large crowd of people in any type of area for a long period of time.

And then the show was ready to start! (On time... there was no rain that day that I can recall.)
I took a few pictures with the regular camera before switching to the cell phone when none of them really came out. But this one.
mickeyfirehands_zpsmiq6ulhu.jpg

The mist screens were particularly misty... we were quite a few rows back and could feel a bit of a spray... I'm not sure if it was windier than usual or if it's normal. We were down a but farther than we usually are.

I enjoy Fantasmic! It's one of those things I try to catch every time we're down there. Mostly it could be my thing with Dragons... I love Dragons. And that's always one of my favorite parts.
iswearisawadragon_zpscleuw3eg.jpg

Of course, Mickey defeated the Dragon... And everyone lived Happily Ever After.

riverboat_zpsncpegcn2.jpg

And then we joined the mass exodus to the front of the park, and out to the bust stop. Picture First.
busstop_zpsttd0poiq.jpg

We were not at Bus Stop 6. We were at the one past it. We waited through 3 buses. And they were packin em in. It was crazy. I think the entire population of the Caribbean Beach resort had decided to go to Fantasmic that night.

Anyway, we got back to the resort, stopped for our drinks, and headed off to bed, ready for the next day, our last Disney day of the trip. #sadface

Coming up- Day 6 through Frank's eyes.
And on Day 7- Lots of Friendship, a visit to Arendelle, and one last surprise to end our trip.

catmandoo

Original Poster
Day 6 by Frank

A close up of Santa amongst the garland
DSC03633_zpsieyr4uhz.jpg

An expectorating fish
DSC03635_zpsz8sf44cf.jpg

Santa washing up after his big day
DSC03637_zps7mnzadak.jpg

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to represent...
DSC03638_zpslr3jyljh.jpg

Some good advice...
DSC03639_zpso2smew40.jpg

Some dogs.
DSC03644_zpsmpsjteth.jpg

Me, looking at my camera.
DSC03647_zpsiwg1fqip.jpg

And finally, the end of the fun zone.
DSC03646_zpshofpzfya.jpg

See you soon for Day 7!

MotherofaPrincessLover

I just getting around to reading this trip report (it's great by the way), and when you were talking about how it poured during the Halloween party, I checked to see what days your trip were and we were totally at the same party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom