We own the Poly now!

notslim99

Original Poster
Well, not the whole thing. :D

We finally took the plunge and bought DVC. We're very excited. The specs on our purchase:
- 50 points
- Points renew December 1st each year
- They included 2014's points, so this coming December we'll have 100. (This was a big seller for me.)
- We bought at POLY

Here's my question. If we bank 2014 and 2015's points and plan on going January of 2017, can we use 2014, 2015, and 2016's points combined? Or do we have to use 2014's point before then?

Thanks everyone!

ToTBellHop

The points are so expensive now they probably figured they'd better lower the minimum. What I don't get is why sell 50 points at the Poly when that's not even enough for 1 night in a bungalow?
Yeah, I'm surprised, too. If you are lucky, you'd get four nights in a studio. But you are right...they just want to sell and 50 pts still gets them over $8k. It's just crazy to me that the minimum was 150. Then 100. Now 50. Will the Villas at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort have a 10-point minimum at $200/pt? I'm partially joking of course, but I do wonder--if they add DVC to a moderate, will they still charge $165/pt? They would need low points requirements for the rooms for that to be reasonable.

notslim99

Original Poster
The points are so expensive now they probably figured they'd better lower the minimum. What I don't get is why sell 50 points at the Poly when that's not even enough for 1 night in a bungalow?

Well one thing is that we don't need to stay in a bungalow, and the second is that we only get to go to WDW once every two years. 50 points is more than enough to accommodate our travel pattern.

LSUmagic

Well, not the whole thing. :D

We finally took the plunge and bought DVC. We're very excited. The specs on our purchase:
- 50 points
- Points renew December 1st each year
- They included 2014's points, so this coming December we'll have 100. (This was a big seller for me.)
- We bought at POLY

Here's my question. If we bank 2014 and 2015's points and plan on going January of 2017, can we use 2014, 2015, and 2016's points combined? Or do we have to use 2014's point before then?

Thanks everyone!

Congrats! Welcome Home!...

oh and GEAUX TIGERS!

Parrain

Geauxxxx Tigerssssss! OMAHA BOUND! Congrats on your DVC purchase! We are still waiting on Grand Floridian Points. We were just called and offered an amount smaller than we need, and would have taken it but we were told that if we did, we could not get back on the waiting list. We really need more, so we elected to keep waiting. Hope to see you in WDW next year!

Goofnut1980

Congrats... It has to be new because when I bought into Poly on 5/2/15 it was 50 if add-on and 100 to buy in... Or the guide didn't pay attention.... either way.. Welcome Home!

Unomas

This is confusing to me as well. We have been in contact with our guide over the last couple weeks and she has stated verbally and it is written in our paperwork that 100 points is the minimum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom