We don't talk about Animal Kingdom enough...

killzab

Original Poster
We should talk more about animal kingdom ...

People seem to complain all the time about Hollywood studios and Epcot but I think Animal Kingdom is the worst offender in WDW.

Seriously I don't know what's going on but the park is an empty shell right now .

If it wasn't for the animal expositions I couldn't stay in the park for more than a morning right now . Once you've done Kali and Everest , your day is basically over. First timers can push it to the late afternoon but not much more.

Animal is the biggest disappointment of my trip. No rivers of light , no Dinosaur , half working shows...

I did It's tough to be a bug today ... And half the effects were not working where my family and I were sitting. No water effect , no sting in the back , no cockroaches under our , and the villain was cross eyed ( don't remember his name).

Pandora is not going to be enough to make it a full park. It will definitely help. But as long as Dinoland remains this shameful area ...

I don't get how you can mess up dinosaurs so much . So many possibilities ... In such a beautifully themed park and that is the best they could do ?

The Fun fair zone needs to be destroyed ASAP.

So many people seem focused on Epcot right now ... When it still has a bunch of good rides. And as long as it has the world showcase , it will remain amazing.

killzab

Original Poster
I love AK, even in its current state. It's a beautiful park to just wander around and take in the sights and sounds. And ROL is going to be incredible. Looking forward to seeing the park at night this winter.

PS, you forgot the Lion King and the Safari.

True ... The lion king is an amazing show. And it saved my afternoon when we had nothing left to do. But it and Safari aren't really repeatable ... They can only be done once every year/two years IMO.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
IMG_1172.JPG

Jeff456

I think AK even in its current state is a great park, it's completely unique. I must say if I was there I'd be disapointed if Dinosaur was down (one of my favourite attractions) but I've suffered that on a trip before, things need to go down for maintenance. We will always visit AK at least twice on our trips, I am hoping that Pandora and Rivers of Light will be open on my next trip, can't wait to see those. If any park deserves a bit of stick it is DHS in its current state.

Siren

Um, I totally adore AK. This is my second favorite park to MK. And, once Avatarland opens -- AK will be tied with MK for my favorite park.

My only issue is that out of all the parks -- AK is totally the hottest, even in the winter months. But, it's nothing that an icy cold Frapp at Starbucks can't fix.

Oh, and Tusker House is just so good. Get to AK for rope drop, ride a few rides and make your reservation at Tusker House around 10:30 AM and there will be coffee, breakfast and a hearty lunch too, so you get like the best of both worlds. It's so delish and I ate way too much food. LOL.

Like seriously, to each their own.

killzab

Original Poster
Um, I totally adore AK. This is my second favorite park to MK. And, once Avatarland opens -- AK will be tied with MK for my favorite park.

My only issue is that out of all the parks -- AK is totally the hottest, even in December. But, it's nothing that an icy cold Frapp at Starbucks can't fix.

Oh, and Tusker House is just so good. Get to AK for rope drop, ride a few rides and make your reservation at Tusker House around 10:30 AM and there will be coffee, breakfast and a hearty lunch too, so you get like the best of both worlds. It's so delish and I ate way too much food. LOL.

Like seriously, to each their own.

But I don't hate the park. The potential is there but maintenance is bad and the park lacks rides. Pandora will help but they need to keep building .

LeighM

For me and my husband who get motion sickness on roller coasters/motion simulator rides and my phobia of falling, there is nothing we can do at Hollywood Studios except for watching the few shows, TSMM, Great Movie Ride, shopping, and meeting characters. Plus, the park to me is visually unappealing right now so it's not enough to make me stay there.

However, my husband and I love animals, the shopping is more unique, more shows, and we love the Safari. We can spend all day there (if it wasn't so darn hot in that park) just enjoying the atmosphere. Good thing there are enough parks to satisfy every preference :)

cursivesailor

I think if you come from an area that doesnt have a zoo, it may be more exciting. But here in New Orleans, we have an incredible zoo, so I dont feel like I need to spend as much time in the animal exhibits. I do love the safari though. And the petting zoo actually bc I think goats are awesome.

wdwfan4ver

Animal is the biggest disappointment of my trip. No rivers of light , no Dinosaur , half working shows...

I did It's tough to be a bug today ... And half the effects were not working where my family and I were sitting. No water effect , no sting in the back , no cockroaches under our ***** , and the villain was cross eyed ( don't remember his name).
This part of your post is hypocritical and you still could complaining about Dinosaur having issues.

You complain about Dinosaur being down for refurbishment, but yet you complain about It's Tough to a bug having problems.

The only way to fix the major stuff is by closing it for refurbishment.

killzab

Original Poster
This part of your post is hypocritical and you still could complaining about Dinosaur having issues.

You complain about Dinosaur being down for refurbishment, but yet you complain about It's Tough to a bug having problems.

The only way to fix the major stuff is by closing it for refurbishment.

Except I knew dinosaur would be down the first week I was there and planned accordingly . But then they extended the refurb and it ruined the second day I planned there.They expect us to plan 6 months in advance but can't commit to their own plans .

Bairstow

...it and Safari aren't really repeatable ... They can only be done once every year/two years IMO.

Wait, what?
The safari, by its very nature of being an animal-based attraction and subject to their behavior, is arguably the most unpredictable and re-ridable ride in the world.
Not to mention the most expensive to build.
... AND the largest. The safari and its savannah is, by itself, as large as the entirety of DHS.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Wait, what?
The safari, by its very nature of being an animal-based attraction and subject to their behavior, is arguably the most unpredictable and re-ridable ride in the world.
Not to mention the most expensive to build.
... AND the largest. The safari and its savannah is, by itself, as large as the entirety of DHS.
Meh. Pay no attention to the OP. Just making wild comments to support a wrong opinion.

Owl X

I enjoyed Animal Kingdom when I visited last month.

Festival of the Lion King and the Finding Nemo Musical were excellent shows.
A Rhino ran up to the safari vehicle during Kilimanjaro - almost close enough to touch.
The street performers also put on good shows - especially at night.
It was the first time I had seen the Tree of Life night show.

ajkraz

The argument with Animal Kingdom since it's opened is that it has been a half day park and today it's still no different. However, I think that it's definitely improving, Avatarland will offer a new and exciting chapter of Animal Kingdom that should be great, Kilimanjaro Safari is still a great attraction for everyone of all ages and offers a new and exciting point of view at night. They are refurbishing Dinosaur now so hopefully when it reopens it won't break down as much and we can enjoy that more and, as always, Expedition Everest is still one of the best roller coasters on property and always worth the wait. Plus, you have to think about the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows that are both stellar and worth a trip to Animal Kingdom. My final point is that Animal Kingdom wasn't made to be like the next theme park where you race from ride to ride and are done at noon, you gotta take your time, go on the trails and see the animals and the next thing you know, you'll be saying well maybe we should stay a little bit longer, it takes time to really appreciate the beauty of Animal Kingdom and how to enjoy it.

Minnie Mum

The OP probably also hates DHS and Epcot just as much because of the lack of rides there. If the aim of AK was simply rides, I might agree. But it's not, and I don't. We've never had trouble spending a full day at AK, and usually leave one or 2 attractions unseen due to lack of time. We love seeing the shows and takjng our time on the animal trails. And the live entertainment is excellent.

I'm looking forward to the extended hours during our stay. This will finally allow us to take an afternoon break before returning for the evening entertainment. ROL would be a nice bonus if it opens. I'm disappointed that Dinosaur will still be closed, but no more so than with BTMs closure. Perhaps when it reopens they'll take ITTBAB down for what the OP insists is a much needed refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom