We decided...going on a Disney Cruise Next Year!

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Sooo, I would so much prefer to go to WDW but we decided to go on a Disney Cruise next summer.
We will get the 4 day cruise to the Bahamas from Port Everglades.
It will be my wife, my son and I.
Probably going to book a ocean view room with two windows because it looks like according to the pictures that the main bedroom and the sofa-bed are separated by a wall in that type of room correct?
Also, I see that all dining is included...so breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are all included? In other words, I can ask for food whenever?
What about alcohol? Is that included too?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just a rookie in taking a cruise.

Disneyfalcon

I'd venture to say you'll be very glad you are taking a cruise instead of going to WDW this time. :)
There are a few rooms like that. Not all of the ocean views are, just category 8A's, and they're all set up a little differently.
That's correct. There is food all the time! Room service is open 24 hours and there are quick service type restaurants up top that are open most of the day. The buffet and main dining rooms have certain hours. The only food you would pay for if you wanted are some select packaged snacks available outside the theater and room service (the rest of room service is free), and alcohol.
The FAQ thread at the top of the page should help you out!

Bolna

Sooo, I would so much prefer to go to WDW but we decided to go on a Disney Cruise next summer.
We will get the 4 day cruise to the Bahamas from Port Everglades.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

Just wanted to ask whether Port Everglades is a typo? I hope so - or at least you still have time to change your plans. ;) Port Everglades is the cruise port at Fort Lauderdale, no Disney ship leaving from there. You probably meant to say Port Canaveral. :)

Disneyfalcon

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

Just wanted to ask whether Port Everglades is a typo? I hope so - or at least you still have time to change your plans. ;) Port Everglades is the cruise port at Fort Lauderdale, no Disney ship leaving from there. You probably meant to say Port Canaveral. :)

Good catch, Bolna! Hopefully that was a typo.

TAMarie

We sailed the Dream to Bahamas in April and had a fantastic time! You can bring alcohol and snacks on board. As disneyfalcon mentioned, there are only a handful of rooms with 2 portholes available. These rooms are ~ $200 higher than other category 8A rooms. The lowest fares in the summer are the beginning of June and the 2nd half of Aug. The advantages to booking early are (and many folks have already booked next summer) the price is lower, you have a better chance of getting the dining time you want, and the cabin location you want.

ChuckElias

I'd venture to say you'll be very glad you are taking a cruise instead of going to WDW this time. :)
Agreed. It is a very different type of vacation, but I have little doubt that you will LOVE your Disney cruise.

there are quick service type restaurants up top that are open most of the day.
The key word is "most". It's so discouraging to go for my late dessert (which is usually a slice of hawaiian or BBQ chicken pizza) and find the quick service restaurants closed at 11 p.m. I mean, who's done eating for the day at 11 p.m.???

The only food you would pay for if you wanted are some select packaged snacks available outside the theater and room service (the rest of room service is free), and alcohol.
I know that Tammy knows this, so I'm not playing "gotcha"; I just want to include this for clarity for WDWVolFan. You would pay for food if you wanted to eat at the adults-only restaurants, which are Palo and Remy. The upcharge for Palo is $20 per person, and the charge for Remy is $75 per person. But these are strictly options; you don't have to pay for these if you don't use them.

Disneyfalcon

Agreed. It is a very different type of vacation, but I have little doubt that you will LOVE your Disney cruise.

The key word is "most". It's so discouraging to go for my late dessert (which is usually a slice of hawaiian or BBQ chicken pizza) and find the quick service restaurants closed at 11 p.m. I mean, who's done eating for the day at 11 p.m.???

I know that Tammy knows this, so I'm not playing "gotcha"; I just want to include this for clarity for WDWVolFan. You would pay for food if you wanted to eat at the adults-only restaurants, which are Palo and Remy. The upcharge for Palo is $20 per person, and the charge for Remy is $75 per person. But these are strictly options; you don't have to pay for these if you don't use them.

Yes! Good call on pointing out Palo and Remy. :)

Chuck, Mickey bars are available at 11 pm!! :)

Disneyfalcon

I figured it was just a minor oversight due to how hard you're working on your trip report. Right. . .? :p

Honestly, Mickey bars don't do a lot for me, especially when compared to BBQ chicken pizza!

Yes! Dude, I'm already like 5 pages in! Check the trip report section! :)
I agree, I usually go for savory late at night.

AJ's B

My family, husband,daughter 1,daughter2, son-in-law, and grandson went on the Dream in October 2011. It was absolutely wonderful. There was not a negative thing that we could say about it except that we had to leave. Hopefully we will be able to go again!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom