Trip Report We can sleep when we get home...We're at Disney without the kid!

This trip was originally supposed to happen in the Fall to celebrate our 20th anniversary, but thanks to a deal offered by Southwest for January, we decided to celebrate the 19th instead!! We left our 13 year old special needs daughter with friends and family for 5 days so we could rest and recharge...

Who are we kidding...there's no rest at Disney! As Dennis says, we can sleep when we get home. We're at Disney, let's go!!!

So, here we go..

Day 1

I dropped Grace off to our friends on Saturday afternoon so I would have the rest of the evening for last minute packing and an early bed time. Dennis had to work until 9:00, so once he got home, we packed the last of the necessities and tried to get some sleep.

The alarm went off bright and early at 3:30 AM! Thanks to our organization, we were ready and out the door by 4:30. An uneventful drive and trip through security landed us at Starbucks by 5:30 for a delicious breakfast sandwich and some much-needed caffeine.

IMG_1097.JPG

Our flight departed right on time at 6:50 and landed 10 minutes earlier than planned. Bonus! We had no wait at all to board the Magical Express bus, but due to the marathon events, the ride was longer than expected. It was fun, though, to see all the runners and their costumes. It must have been a popular event because the crowds were huge!

We arrived at All Star Music at about 10:30 and were surprised to find our room ready….and upgraded!! We were in the closest building with a king bed! We dropped our carry-ons, changed our clothes and were on the bus by 11:00. Quite a change going from Ohio and 15 degrees, to Orlando and 70 degrees! There was a pesky drizzle that we were afraid might dampen our spirits, but who were we kidding?!! We are in the most magical place on earth. Nothing will bring us down. (Except maybe a couple of Brazilian tour groups!) :) Due to the marathon, and an accident between a bus and a car, our driver had to take an alternate route to Hollywood Studios. The marathon runners were just coming through the park, so that slowed things down a little as well.

IMG_1098.JPG

Once we were in the park, we realized we were really hungry. What better way to solve that problem than to begin our trip with a yummy grilled vegetable sandwich from Backlot Express? It’s one of our “must-dos”. Dennis had the banana caramel cupcake, but I don’t do anything banana, so I indulged in the chocolate mousse.

IMG_2564.JPG

With bellies full, we headed to our first fast-pass for Tower of Terror! The standby line was really short as well, so after a quick trip on Rockin Roller Coaster, we took in Tower again. We were off to a great start!

IMG_2569.JPG

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7154363941.jpeg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7154705539.jpeg

Last edited:

mrdrift

What a wonderful last day and the Pooh experience was just magical. My daughter asked me why we never get something so special when we visit and I told her it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Because Disney World is so large it's hard to be in the right spot. Great pictures of the event.

Minnesota disney fan

Yes he was! Walked right over and kissed my hand!!

I'm so glad you had all those magical moments! Thanks for a great, fun report. I noticed in your pictures that there didn't seem to be much of a crowd in the parks at all. Was that the case? We go in November, but it looks much less crowded in early January! Thanks.

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
I'm so glad you had all those magical moments! Thanks for a great, fun report. I noticed in your pictures that there didn't seem to be much of a crowd in the parks at all. Was that the case? We go in November, but it looks much less crowded in early January! Thanks.
The crowds were great in January. We did see several very large Brazilian tour groups, but never had any problems with them at all, as others sometimes do.

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
I forgot to mention that on Tuesday when we were at Magic Kingdom, we were coming from Frontierland and had the wonderful opportunity to meet Tom Bricker! Dennis spotted him and wasn't going to stop, but I made him go back and introduce himself. It was like meeting a celebrity! :)

WDWFigment

I forgot to mention that on Tuesday when we were at Magic Kingdom, we were coming from Frontierland and had the wonderful opportunity to meet Tom Bricker! Dennis spotted him and wasn't going to stop, but I made him go back and introduce himself. It was like meeting a celebrity! :)

Nice to meet you and thanks for the kind words. Although I don't know about it being like meeting a celebrity...unless your bar is really low! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom