WDW's 50th Celebration starts?

RScottyL

So, as you know, in October 2021, it will be WDW's (Magic Kingdom) 50th Anniversary.

Will they do things all year long, or only celebrate heavily during October?

We are planning to go in January of that year and just wanted to know if 50th anniversary items will be available to purchase then, or only starting in October?

CDavid

You already have vacation plans for seven years ahead? Uh, maybe i ought to finalize my trip plans for this fall... :confused:

Given that plans for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland are just now (or even still) being nailed down, I think we can safely conclude that executives who wont even be there in 2021 (and can't see more than 3-4 years out anyway) haven't given it a thought.

I'm sure merchandise is a safe assumption, but to echo @Bolt - is this a joke?

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I understand that this may be a bit early for the OP to ask, but why be so rude to him? We have endless discussions/arguments over some of the most unimportant things on this board repeatedly. So what if he ask a question?
Who is being rude? I just see legitimate questions.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It is a little early but I know for the 40th celebration I bought merchandise promoting it in June. I think that had merchandise before that too, but I don't know how early.

Upvote 0

photomatt

My guess (with absolutely nothing to back this up) would be a 15 month celebration: October 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022.

I also have nothing to back up this guess, but, since we all know how much Disney likes money, I think there's more opportunity to make that money if they start sometime in May of 2021 and go through October 1, 2022. It gives them the whole 50th year (October 2021 to October 2022), and two summers (Jun/Jul/Aug 2021 - Jun/Jul/Aug 2022).

No, it's not too early to start thinking about this. In 1985, I went to Disneyland's 24 hour birthday party on July 17th. I was also there in 1990 for the 35th birthday, and again 5 years later for the 40th. Each time I was there, even in 1985, I wondered if I would be able to make it to the 50th. On the evening of July 16th, 2005, along with a few thousand other people, I spent the night in DCA waiting for Disneyland to open.

It might be too early to make concrete plans for this, but it's not too early to wonder what they will do for the celebration. Of course, right now everything is a guess, but it doesn't hurt to imagine what it will be like.

I don't have the emotional attachment to WDW like I do to DL, so I'm not so sure I will be willing to brave the crowds on 10/1/21, but I know there are tens of thousands of other Disney fans who will be there no matter what.

One more thing. I might not be around when Disneyland turns 100 in 2055, but, as long as I can breathe, I will be there on their 75th birthday in 2030. No, I'm not looking to make reservations this soon, but I certainly think about it every now and then. :)

Upvote 0

RScottyL

Original Poster
It's seven years away. Don't you think it's way too early to start asking those types of questions, especially questions none of us know the answers to?

Well, I was asking those who had reference to their 40th, 30th, 20th and 10th anniversary celebrations!

I am sure this one will be bigger, but I am sure with all of the previous ones, they started about the same time!

LOL, yeah, sorry, I know it is pretty early!

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Well, I was asking those who had reference to their 40th, 30th, 20th and 10th anniversary celebrations!

I am sure this one will be bigger, but I am sure with all of the previous ones, they started about the same time!

LOL, yeah, sorry, I know it is pretty early!
There hasn't been a big celebration for a Walt Disney World anniversary since the 25th.

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

Yep, for its 40th Disneyland got the still spectacular Indiana Jones Adventure, the Magic Kingdom got some posts on the DisneyParks® Blog.

Yes, I remember being curious as to what the park would do for the 40th birthday, and I was shocked to read that all they cooked up for the celebration was cupcakes.

I didn't know MK hasn't been really doing anything for the past fifteen years, until now. What happened during the 30th and 35th anniversaries?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom