WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I don't have any color preferences since I would agree use colors that we associate with the characters and I am good with either the Mickey and friends or the jungle book characters. I did see this pic on google image of some brown suitcase cakes with mickey and minnie on top but I couldn't figure out how to send it to you. So I sent you a message. Our first true night all together is June 9th . She and Evan land on the 8th but they get in at like 11 pm so all it will be that night is like AHHH you are here. She thinks we are doing the whole trip at the BWI which is where we stayed in 2013, but I booked the first 7 nites at GF then we move to BWI so she is going to be flipping when DME whisks her to the GF.
So the first real day is June 9 and we are basically making it a resort day/pool day and dinner will be at the buffet at Trails End at 6:30 then we will come back and do movies on the beach and watch the electrical pageant parade from the beach...
So a cake that says welcome back to the kids would be really super special

I think I might have figured out how to put this picture from google here

I messaged you a preliminary sketch. I don't think the Contemporary would sculpt a suitcase cake, but I think they'd be willing to do a suitcase topper. GF is the only resort that might be willing to do it (from what I've seen), and considering they wanted $250 for a cupcake sized tea cup cake, I can't begin to imagine what they'd ask for that or if they'd give you an "only for weddings" reply. Either way, take a look at the sketch and message me. It's rough, but that's the best way to get ideas out there.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hoping this posts properly, but Carrie/Lurkyloo recently posted this one. LOVE IT

Citrus%20Swirl%20Cake.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I want!!
I cant wait to start bugging you next year when I start planning our 2018 trip, the first for my Princess (and her third birthday surprise ;) )

While it's a wedding cake, it's clearly a 2-tier topsy turvy...which I've seen for special occasion cakes. Not cheap, but I just love the look of the Aloha Isle/Sunshine Tree Terrace base tier. It's definitely making me want to push for a Tiki Room cake for our next trip.

2018 seems so far off...and yet it'll be here before we know it!

I am sorry for asking questions that have already been asked,but it was hard to go through the thread. I wanted to order a cake for my twins 8th birthday on June 4th,but I am not sure who to go through. Also if we are going to be in Epcot where in Epcot can I order from.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I am sorry for asking questions that have already been asked,but it was hard to go through the thread. I wanted to order a cake for my twins 8th birthday on June 4th,but I am not sure who to go through. Also if we are going to be in Epcot where in Epcot can I order from.

Cakes in Epcot all depend on the restaurant where you're planning on having it. Here's all of the info on getting a cake in Epcot. Take note that all of the info at the top is concerning restaurants serviced by the Epcot bakery. There are several World Showcase countries (detailed farther below) that utilize outside vendors.

Epcot— 407-560-6395
The following information is only for restaurants in theCanada, UK, America, Germany andNorway pavilions, plusFuture World. All other Epcot restaurants are supplied by outside vendors (details on these are listed below, under “Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors.”)

• 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting; no personalization
  • 8-inch $40 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $54 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Mickey Mouse Cake$54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake. Available cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. Available filling flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, fruit mousse (strawberry). Available frosting flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache.
White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:

• Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch
Again, Epcot’s Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by anoutside vendorare detailed below. If you don’t see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it’s serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France — 407-827-5032, ext. 110

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit
Nine Dragons — 407-827-8781, ext. 14

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print
Restaurant Marrakesh — 407-827-5322, ext. 16

• 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $48 cake, same options as 6-inch
San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel — 407-842-1107

• 6-inch $21 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773

• 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print
Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040

• 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Larger cakes: $10/person
  • No screen prints available

Cakes in Epcot all depend on the restaurant where you're planning on having it. Here's all of the info on getting a cake in Epcot. Take note that all of the info at the top is concerning restaurants serviced by the Epcot bakery. There are several World Showcase countries (detailed farther below) that utilize outside vendors.

Epcot— 407-560-6395
The following information is only for restaurants in theCanada, UK, America, Germany andNorway pavilions, plusFuture World. All other Epcot restaurants are supplied by outside vendors (details on these are listed below, under “Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors.”)

• 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting; no personalization
  • 8-inch $40 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $54 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Mickey Mouse Cake$54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake. Available cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. Available filling flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, fruit mousse (strawberry). Available frosting flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache.
White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:

• Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch
Again, Epcot’s Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by anoutside vendorare detailed below. If you don’t see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it’s serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France — 407-827-5032, ext. 110

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit
Nine Dragons — 407-827-8781, ext. 14

Restaurant Marrakesh — 407-827-5322, ext. 16

• No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $48 cake, same options as 6-inch
San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel — 407-842-1107

• 6-inch $21 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773

• 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print
Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040

• 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Larger cakes: $10/person
  • No screen prints available
Perfect thanks for your help

Anna_Minnie44

Totally not planning my grandparent's 50th anniversary cake a year away from our trip, nope not at all...

Side note: anyone have any ideas/comments/tips to keep in mind for brainstorming? We're thinking Cali Grill so would be working with the Contemporary Bakery which I'm really excited about having heard everyone's raving feedback! (Definitely not looking at you Chickie!) Let me know (like I said, I've got a year to plan!)

PS; this is by far the best thread out of all the forums because cake.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, I previously posted about the cakes at Amorette's. I am still waiting on custom info, but I have a price on the cakes I'd previously posted that are also showcased in WDW Magic's news post.

13237717_1029542413790205_1639887656991598843_n.jpg

Not sure how many of you can read it, but that says $65. No sure on the size, but it seems like a really fair price. This particular cake is a lemon chiffon cake and it says something about white chocolate...possibly white chocolate mousse...and maybe strawberry pate de fruit jelly? I'll be finding out more, but this sounds very promising!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Totally not planning my grandparent's 50th anniversary cake a year away from our trip, nope not at all...

Side note: anyone have any ideas/comments/tips to keep in mind for brainstorming? We're thinking Cali Grill so would be working with the Contemporary Bakery which I'm really excited about having heard everyone's raving feedback! (Definitely not looking at you Chickie!) Let me know (like I said, I've got a year to plan!)

PS; this is by far the best thread out of all the forums because cake.

Do they have any favorite Disney movies, characters or attractions? Obviously, Mickey and Minnie are the most conventional choices, but there are so many options...from serious to whimsical to humorous. At least there's lot of time to brainstorm!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
One more update on Amorette's. I found a write up on the Disney Food Blog, and it includes prices and options. I can see Donald and Pluto are the other two options for the domed character cakes.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...eview-amorettes-patisserie-in-disney-springs/

There's a phone number at the tail end of the article if you want to place a cake order. It looks like the do require at least 72 hours notice and while they do have these whimsical character dome cakes and some nice stock cake designs, I'm not sure how they'll handle anything custom. Most of the reviews I've seen/heard are fairly positive and presentation is obviously important to them, so it might be worth a try if you want something a bit different.

We may pop in to try some things, but I think I'm going to stick with a Disney bakery for DD9s bday cake since the theme really seems like something that should be handled by a Disney bakery.

CarlaM

image.jpeg
Hello! With your help I was able to put in the order for the last two cakes I told you about. I want to order a third cake but I'm having some trouble. My father spends a lot of time with my ds and has gotten him into the world of The Avenger's. So now my ds wants an Avenger's party for his 3rd birthday and hates mommy's Mickey party idea. :( I contacted Disney and they said they couldn't make the cake because of licensing and copyright. I also contacted Bake Me A Cake but they sent me an email stating they couldn't make the cake I would like because of licensing as well. I really would like to have this cake done if possible. I was hoping you could tell if there are any other bakeries around Disney that could make this cake. Thank you so much. :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
View attachment 143371 Hello! With your help I was able to put in the order for the last two cakes I told you about. I want to order a third cake but I'm having some trouble. My father spends a lot of time with my ds and has gotten him into the world of The Avenger's. So now my ds wants an Avenger's party for his 3rd birthday and hates mommy's Mickey party idea. :( I contacted Disney and they said they couldn't make the cake because of licensing and copyright. I also contacted Bake Me A Cake but they sent me an email stating they couldn't make the cake I would like because of licensing as well. I really would like to have this cake done if possible. I was hoping you could tell if there are any other bakeries around Disney that could make this cake. Thank you so much. :)

First off...I LOVE that cake above! I know Disney can get strange with licensing and cake stuff, but that's so odd that an outside bakery would say the same. I do have three other bakeries for you to look into...I think one of them even has an Ironman cake in their gallery.

Anna's Cakes - http://annacakes.com/

Jillycakes - http://jillycakesorlando.com/

It's Tasty Too - http://www.tastytoo.com/

I really hope one of them can help. Keep us posted. :)

jlsHouston

So..I am leaving H Town in 4 days for my summer vacation and up until yesterday my June 9th resort day when all of us would finally be on property for a full day had Trail Ends for the dinner meal. Then manna from heaven came down and I snagged an 8 pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare for that night. So instead of calling Wilderness Lodge for my cake order I called the GF. Wow I just love that baker named Pat. I sent her the design you made. After chiding me that I should have called to set up an order months ago, she put together a 4 layer 6" cake order to be delivered to 1900 Park Fare that evening. The suitcase had to go and she found some tomorrowland screen art she could use for the postcards and it sounds really amazing what she is going to create from your sketch. I cannot wait to post a pic. Thanks again for all your help!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So..I am leaving H Town in 4 days for my summer vacation and up until yesterday my June 9th resort day when all of us would finally be on property for a full day had Trail Ends for the dinner meal. Then manna from heaven came down and I snagged an 8 pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare for that night. So instead of calling Wilderness Lodge for my cake order I called the GF. Wow I just love that baker named Pat. I sent her the design you made. After chiding me that I should have called to set up an order months ago, she put together a 4 layer 6" cake order to be delivered to 1900 Park Fare that evening. The suitcase had to go and she found some tomorrowland screen art she could use for the postcards and it sounds really amazing what she is going to create from your sketch. I cannot wait to post a pic. Thanks again for all your help!

Pat actually doesn't do the baking/decorating. I wish they would have done the suitcase. She is so inconsistent with these things. Sometimes custom aspects like this are no big deal and sometimes she says they need a ton of time. I don't get it. Oh well...it sounds like they are going to be able to pull the concept together. Can't wait to see it! Have a great trip. :)

CarlaM

Hi! I sent emails to the three bakeries you suggested and only one replied. Anna Cakes replied and they were very helpful. I looked at her work and decided to go with her. I was quoted $300 for an 8" but they had a Memorial Day special going on and I was able to get the cake for $250 and after tax $275.53. Thank you for all your help! I'm excited to see how the cake will turn out! I'll be sure to post the cake. Now I have to patiently wait for October. :)

PinnySmart

Above is the cake I ordered from Chef Brian, cost was $271 plus gratuity.
It looked wonderful but when it was cut it was the wrong cake and frosting. I was very disappointed but naively thought it would be easy to fix. The cake we got had loads of butter cream which nobody in my family likes which is why I ordered cream cheese frosting. I contacted Chef Brian right after our dinner to see if I could get the right cake delivered to our resort, minus the decorations of course but I never heard back from him. I emailed him several times to try and get the matter resolved but to this day I haven't heard anything back from him.I contacted the CG and the cake hotline etc, wasted loads of time during my stay at WDW on the phone, but everyone get promising to get back to me after they looked into it but I didn't hear back anything while still at our resort. I felt really bad spending more than $300 on a cake nobody ate. I finally got a an email from someone who works with Chef Brian saying they were sorry I was unhappy with my cake but that they would love to make a cake for me in the future! The email was just a standard reply that didn't adres my problems with getting the wrong cake. I found the whole experience frustrating and disappointing and will never order a cake from the Contemporary again.
You got totally ripped off. That cake in any flavor combination, right or wrong, is not worth $300. We were all thinking it so I figured I might as well just say it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom