WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Yes... They answered me back and said the original cakes were no longer available. She mentioned a 2-D image. Im not sure what that means. I asked her if she could send a picture because I wasnt a fan of the cut outs. We'll see.

The 2D image she's referring to are the standup princess images on the cakes. They basically take a 2D edible image, back it in white chocolate, sometimes add a support rod or royal icing as glue, and then affix it to the cake.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted a bunch of cakes of late. The main reason...there's really nothing new. Sure, there are new cakes, but they are the same concepts...even the wedding cakes. I did see something though that has me excited...

http://www./2016/04/amorettes-patisserie-opens-its-doors-in-town-center-disney-springs-on-may-15/

We can clearly see that character ear cakes will be an option...

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/04/amorcake023942-800x400.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/04/amorcake023945-630x421.jpg

Now, I saw a separate article that said they would be doing custom cake orders as well. This article notes a minimum of 72 hours notice for cake orders (starting on May 22nd). Obviously, we have no idea about prices, but it may be a good alternative to the Disney bakeries if they deliver and have competitive pricing (and tasty products). I'll let you know more as I know more :)

jlsHouston

20160313_133211 (1).jpeg

I had this made at a local bakery here in Houston last month for my daughters baby shower.... She wanted those pink rosettes and I couldn't help myself I had to get them to add the topper!

jlsHouston

Very pretty! Love the topper! Which bakery made the cake?

Not related to cake, but did you guys do OK with all of the rain and flooding?

Yah I am over off 290 near the loop and we have been fine all week right in our little area. My daughter is up in Tomball and woke up Monday with no power for several hours but right in the little 5 miles radius she drives the roads have been fine. Hope y'all been okay.

I used Rustika Bakery right off Buffalo Speedway and 59. The luncheon was at Bucca di Peppo and it was conveniently right around the corner too...

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Yah I am over off 290 near the loop and we have been fine all week right in our little area. My daughter is up in Tomball and woke up Monday with no power for several hours but right in the little 5 miles radius she drives the roads have been fine. Hope y'all been okay.

I used Rustika Bakery right off Buffalo Speedway and 59. The luncheon was at Bucca di Peppo and it was conveniently right around the corner too...

We're Manvel/Pearland area, so we didn't have nearly as much rain as the rest of the area.

I work right near there. I'm in one of the matching blue towers in Greenway Plaza, behind Lakewood Church. One of my coworkers wants her bday lunch at that Bucca. I've heard great things about Rustika, so nice to see some of their work.

jlsHouston

We're Manvel/Pearland area, so we didn't have nearly as much rain as the rest of the area.

I work right near there. I'm in one of the matching blue towers in Greenway Plaza, behind Lakewood Church. One of my coworkers wants her bday lunch at that Bucca. I've heard great things about Rustika, so nice to see some of their work.

The cake was delicious. The pink frosting was actually cream cheese and it was a red velvet cake. They did it super last minute. I called Friday, texted 2 pics, they ran my credit card and I picked it up at 1 on Sunday....I am the worse planner in the world.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Oh man I want to get a cake for our first dinner like a mickey and friends cake. But I have our meal booked at Trails End over at the Cabins and Campground. I doubt you can get a cake over to that location can you?

You should be able to. Both WL and Ft. Wilderness are serviced by the Contemporary bakery. Here are the cake and contact details...

Fort Wilderness Resort- 407-824-2090
  • Basic buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Mickey Mouse Cake$54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

jlsHouston

You should be able to. Both WL and Ft. Wilderness are serviced by the Contemporary bakery. Here are the cake and contact details...

Fort Wilderness Resort- 407-824-2090
  • Basic buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Mickey Mouse Cake$54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
I need you to design me a small welcome back cake I can order from the contemporary. Will they deliver to Trail's End?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I need you to design me a small welcome back cake I can order from the contemporary. Will they deliver to Trail's End?

I was looking around online for examples of cakes delivered to Ft. Wilderness and it seems that Trail's End is the standard spot for resort cake pick up. So, you should be set with that. Any thoughts on what you'd want for theme?

jlsHouston

I was looking around online for examples of cakes delivered to Ft. Wilderness and it seems that Trail's End is the standard spot for resort cake pick up. So, you should be set with that. Any thoughts on what you'd want for theme?
Yes "Welcome Home Sierra, Jayce and Evan". We all last saw each other 3 years ago in the summer at Walt Disney World. One of the things that amazed Evan who was 4, was at the Boardwalk where we first stayed, they always said "welcome home"

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Yes "Welcome Home Sierra, Jayce and Evan". We all last saw each other 3 years ago in the summer at Walt Disney World. One of the things that amazed Evan who was 4, was at the Boardwalk where we first stayed, they always said "welcome home"

They should be able to write that either on the cake board or if you opted for the gumpaste/chocolate-ish inscription piece they can put in front of the cake. Obviously, not the cake design you'd want...but just thinking they could do the positioning of the inscription like they did on this cake...

8625647673_d59c057159_z.jpg

jlsHouston

Okay, and I was thinking characters probably mickey and friends or maybe jungle book and not really fondant fans. Can you design something? I can compensate you. I looked briefly on pinterest and did google for images but everything came back more for bdays. This is for 5 people so it can be the 8" which I am sure will be too much cake but it is more for the surprise and meaning than amount of cake.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Okay, and I was thinking characters probably mickey and friends or maybe jungle book and not really fondant fans. Can you design something? I can compensate you. I looked briefly on pinterest and did google for images but everything came back more for bdays. This is for 5 people so it can be the 8" which I am sure will be too much cake but it is more for the surprise and meaning than amount of cake.

I don't need compensation, but I do need to know how much time I've got until you need to reach out to the cake line/pastry chef. Also, any colors you had in mind? Mickey and friends are usually good with bright vibrant colors where I see shades of green with the Jungle Book. I know all about ordering an 8" cake for presentation purposes. :)

jlsHouston

I don't have any color preferences since I would agree use colors that we associate with the characters and I am good with either the Mickey and friends or the jungle book characters. I did see this pic on google image of some brown suitcase cakes with mickey and minnie on top but I couldn't figure out how to send it to you. So I sent you a message. Our first true night all together is June 9th . She and Evan land on the 8th but they get in at like 11 pm so all it will be that night is like AHHH you are here. She thinks we are doing the whole trip at the BWI which is where we stayed in 2013, but I booked the first 7 nites at GF then we move to BWI so she is going to be flipping when DME whisks her to the GF.
So the first real day is June 9 and we are basically making it a resort day/pool day and dinner will be at the buffet at Trails End at 6:30 then we will come back and do movies on the beach and watch the electrical pageant parade from the beach...
So a cake that says welcome back to the kids would be really super special

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom