HouCuseChickie

Original Poster

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
11796413_10207818195600826_1421152518514443182_n.jpg

Here's the final Figment product.

kkr213

I need some advice. I am taking my son to Disney for his 10th birthday next month. I wanted to get a cake for him. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's for brunch/lunch and Chefs de France for dinner. I have heard that the cakes in France are just basic and I wanted something a little more special. Has anyone got a cake at Chefs de France? Should I have one at lunch or delivered to the room? Thanks!

emcclay

I need some advice. I am taking my son to Disney for his 10th birthday next month. I wanted to get a cake for him. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's for brunch/lunch and Chefs de France for dinner. I have heard that the cakes in France are just basic and I wanted something a little more special. Has anyone got a cake at Chefs de France? Should I have one at lunch or delivered to the room? Thanks!

I would get a cake for your Chef Mickey reservation. :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster

I don't have a pic of a cake from Chefs de France, but I did find one from Rose& Crown that I believe was made before they were serviced by the Epcot bakery. They also used to use an outsourced bakery, but I don't know if they outsource to the same place.

r&ccake.jpg

Ultimately, these are your options for a cake at Chefs de France.

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France — 407-827-5032, ext. 110

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit
I think what others meant by basic cakes is that you're not going to see any fancy cakes with custom decor, fondant, etc. But...obviously, character screen prints are possible...so, not completely plain and basic.

Ultimately, if you want a cake at a meal, I agree with @emcclay about going with Chef Mickey's and have the Contemporary bakery create a cake.

2kidzmommie

I think i'm in the home stretch,,,I have 2 out of 3 cakes worked out. 1 more to go. The first 2 are for the birthdays and are Mini Cakes. The last one has me thinking. How do I ensure my odds of not recieving a pre-maid cake. Is fancy fondant the only way to go? I would prefer buttercream. Its my anniversary cake, I am hoping for a 6in fresh strawberries and bavarian cream as the flling. Do I ask for a non-vanilla cake or 3 layers or something else. I suggested an orange cake with amerretto filling to the hubs, just to be sassy , he wasn't impressed
Just the 2 of us at Artist Point for dinner . I will order fondant if thats the way to go, but it seems like a waste

Last edited:

LynnMc2015

Hi. We are coming to WDW from the UK in 5 weeks and I'd like to get cakes for my DD's birthday and my wedding anniversary. Last trip we got the Princess Package at CRT and the cake was fabulous but too big really for what we need. I am looking at the 2 tier mini cakes and wanted to know if they could decorate this in more of a Princess theme for my DD in fondant? Would be happy with the more traditional wedding decoration for the anniversary cake. Thinking of having my cake at our breakfast reservation at O'hana (we got married at the Poly) and DD's at our dinner reservation at 1900 PF this time instead of CRT. Which bakery would I contact and should I wait until I get to WDW to order or call before I leave? I would be really grateful for any help you can give me. Thank You!

Mizzgolitely

Im sorry if this has been asked before.... Is contemporary still not making fancy mini cakes? I was thinking of ordering 4 for the family and having them all a different theme....

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I think i'm in the home stretch,,,I have 2 out of 3 cakes worked out. 1 more to go. The first 2 are for the birthdays and are Mini Cakes. The last one has me thinking. How do I ensure my odds of not recieving a pre-maid cake. Is fancy fondant the only way to go? I would prefer buttercream. Its my anniversary cake, I am hoping for a 6in fresh strawberries and bavarian cream as the flling. Do I ask for a non-vanilla cake or 3 layers or something else. I suggested an orange cake with amerretto filling to the hubs, just to be sassy , he wasn't impressed
Just the 2 of us at Artist Point for dinner . I will order fondant if thats the way to go, but it seems like a waste

I think the best ways to ensure getting a buttercream cake that's not a pre-made stock cake is to 1. ask for a cake flavor other than chocolate or vanilla, 2. ask for a frosting coloring beyond white or chocolate buttercream. So, let's say you asked for a marble or red velvet cake with the noted filling and a colored buttercream frosting...well, I think that's the best way to go.

Hi. We are coming to WDW from the UK in 5 weeks and I'd like to get cakes for my DD's birthday and my wedding anniversary. Last trip we got the Princess Package at CRT and the cake was fabulous but too big really for what we need. I am looking at the 2 tier mini cakes and wanted to know if they could decorate this in more of a Princess theme for my DD in fondant? Would be happy with the more traditional wedding decoration for the anniversary cake. Thinking of having my cake at our breakfast reservation at O'hana (we got married at the Poly) and DD's at our dinner reservation at 1900 PF this time instead of CRT. Which bakery would I contact and should I wait until I get to WDW to order or call before I leave? I would be really grateful for any help you can give me. Thank You!

You'd be working with the GF's bakery for both the 'Ohana and 1900 PF cakes. They also appear to be OK with doing fondant on the minis. They say they can do custom cakes with as little as 48 hrs notice, BUT I know some custom stuff takes longer and I prefer to give it 2-3 weeks just in case there are issues.

2kidzmommie

I think the best ways to ensure getting a buttercream cake that's not a pre-made stock cake is to 1. ask for a cake flavor other than chocolate or vanilla, 2. ask for a frosting coloring beyond white or chocolate buttercream. So, let's say you asked for a marble or red velvet cake with the noted filling and a colored buttercream frosting...well, I think that's the best way to go.

Thank You! I will call on Monday, our trip is 1 month away. :D

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Im sorry if this has been asked before.... Is contemporary still not making fancy mini cakes? I was thinking of ordering 4 for the family and having them all a different theme....

While they haven't made any official announcements like the one saying they've stopped, we certainly have been seeing a few coming out of their kitchen which would say things have unofficially changed. The best thing to do is email the Contemporary chefs and present your idea. They may say no, or they may give you some alternatives that fit within their guidelines.

phxbbw6ft1

We only have dinner resv for hoop dee doo, Sci fi theater, 50's Prime time and Rose&Crown- Can we get a fancy cake delivered to any of these? Like th epic below?

Attachments

• $5.jpg
    $5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 65

LynnMc2015

We only have dinner resv for hoop dee doo, Sci fi theater, 50's Prime time and Rose&Crown- Can we get a fancy cake delivered to any of these? Like th epic below?
That cake is fabulous. Can I ask where this came from? It is just what I am looking for for our upcoming anniversary.

LynnMc2015

You'd be working with the GF's bakery for both the 'Ohana and 1900 PF cakes. They also appear to be OK with doing fondant on the minis. They say they can do custom cakes with as little as 48 hrs notice, BUT I know some custom stuff takes longer and I prefer to give it 2-3 weeks just in case there are issues.
Thanks for the advice. I forgot to ask another question. I have seen light up decorations on the top of some cakes (crown, castle etc). Do you know how much these cost and are they suitable for a mini cake?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster

Your best bets would be Hoop Dee Doo (Contemporary bakery) or Rose & Crown (Epcot bakery), since they can handle a wide array of fancy custom cake options. Unfortunately, the DHS options are very limited so I wouldn't bother with a cake at 50s or Sci Fi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom