WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

OhareATC

One more thing, since we're going to be having this delivered to O'Hana at the Poly for dinner, do any of you think it'd be a problem for the restaurant to bring us out some vanilla ice cream to go with the cake? You get bread pudding with ice cream included with the meal, so I'd hope they'd be able to give us just ice cream without the bread pudding. Does anybody know how I could inform the restaurant of this ahead of time, so as to not ruin the surprise for my friend?

Thanks

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I was able to get ahold of Pat yesterday to order a cake. She was really pleasant to work with. After haggling a bit she said she could do the cake in Red Velvet! I ordered a 10in. red velvet cake w/ white chocolate mousse filling and fresh raspberries. For the frosting, I chose a white chocolate ganache. I basically gave her free reign over the design. My only instructions to her was that I wanted a bunch of sugar flowers on top since it is for a girl, and a 3d white chocolate goofy on top as well along with the message. Hopefully it turns out great! My only question I guess, is how does payment usually work? She gave me the price on the phone, which came up to $138 + tax and then took my card info. Today, when looking at my bank account, I didn't see any pending authorizations or charges. How does this work?

Glad you were able to convince Pat to get them to make you red velvet :) As for payment, you pay at the time of delivery. So, if it's delivered to a meal, the cost of the cake will be tacked on to the bill. If it's delivered to a room, they usually add it to your room charges.

OhareATC

Glad you were able to convince Pat to get them to make you red velvet :) As for payment, you pay at the time of delivery. So, if it's delivered to a meal, the cost of the cake will be tacked on to the bill. If it's delivered to a room, they usually add it to your room charges.

Alright. I'm assuming she just took my card info in case we didn't show up? Also, we're a group so we have a group credit card that we were going to use to pay for our dinner. Could I ask at the podium to have a separate check for the cake so that I can pay for it?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Alright. I'm assuming she just took my card info in case we didn't show up? Also, we're a group so we have a group credit card that we were going to use to pay for our dinner. Could I ask at the podium to have a separate check for the cake so that I can pay for it?

We've done this before and I've just always told my server to make sure I get the cake on my check. Word to the wise, if you're in a group of 6 or more, they factor in the auto gratuity and it will include the cost of the cake. I don't mind so much if I get a server who is really helpful and hands on with the cake (i.e. bringing extra plates and silver, candles and lighting them, cutting and serving, boxing leftovers), but every now and then, you get one who does little to help and that's when I get bothered.

kirari

Well, that´s a good info for me as well. I was thinking that they charged you at the ordering. But then that´s a small problem for me as we are on dining plan and I don't want my man to see the cost. Hope I can ask for a separated bill for the cake and the rest of the meal.

Btw, I have another question for you @HouCuseChickie. I've already sent my sketches to chef brian (he asked me to do it as soon as possible), and he gave me the price for my mini-cake (80$). Do you think I should call now to place my order, and then give another call at the end of october/beginning of november to make sure they didn't lost it, or do I rather just wait until october to call? I fear that they can't find back my emails with chef brian :/.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Well, that´s a good info for me as well. I was thinking that they charged you at the ordering. But then that´s a small problem for me as we are on dining plan and I don't want my man to see the cost. Hope I can ask for a separated bill for the cake and the rest of the meal.

Btw, I have another question for you @HouCuseChickie. I've already sent my sketches to chef brian (he asked me to do it as soon as possible), and he gave me the price for my mini-cake (80$). Do you think I should call now to place my order, and then give another call at the end of october/beginning of november to make sure they didn't lost it, or do I rather just wait until october to call? I fear that they can't find back my emails with chef brian :/.

They will give you a separate bill for the cake if you request one from your server. We've had meals with my parents where they've offered to treat us, but I want to cover the cake...so, I've been given the bill for the cake and they get everything else. LOL

As for placing your order...I think you should ask Chef Brian. Whenever I've given him my cake designs, he always comes back and says that cakes can usually be done with 48 hours notice. I just don't like having an order sitting on the books for much longer than a few weeks. He may have reasons with your cake for placing the order early OR he may come back and say it's OK to place the order closer to the time.

kirari

Well, actually I've asked him, and he just didn't tell me when I have to make the order, just that It musts be done at least 48hours in advance, so I think that last week of october should be good for that.

But i was surprise for the price, That let's me plenty of money to buy an extra gift then :p.
I'm so excited for that cake! Can't wait to see it :D!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
One more thing, since we're going to be having this delivered to O'Hana at the Poly for dinner, do any of you think it'd be a problem for the restaurant to bring us out some vanilla ice cream to go with the cake? You get bread pudding with ice cream included with the meal, so I'd hope they'd be able to give us just ice cream without the bread pudding. Does anybody know how I could inform the restaurant of this ahead of time, so as to not ruin the surprise for my friend?

Thanks

I'm sorry...I realized I didn't reply to this. I think they could probably accommodate this, but you'd have to ask. Every time we've eaten at 'Ohana for dinner, we've gotten several bowls of vanilla ice cream for our kids in addition to the bread pudding. Still...you'd need to ask.

JDMom

I just called the Boardwalk for a cake pick up in June for my DS HS graduation. After going back and forth with my son on what kind of cake he wanted vs the ADRs we have, we decided to pick up a 8 in buttercream vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse filling at the Boardwalk Bakery. The gentleman I spoke to talked very fast and I felt kind of rushed! I hope it comes out right. I asked for my DS HS colors, Hunter Green & Gold. He said we had room for "Congratulations Class of 2015" to be written on the cake. I asked for Mickey heads to decorate the cake. either swirls or dots. He at first told me they couldn't, but then said they could do some. I hope it turns out nice. He quoted $40

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I just called the Boardwalk for a cake pick up in June for my DS HS graduation. After going back and forth with my son on what kind of cake he wanted vs the ADRs we have, we decided to pick up a 8 in buttercream vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse filling at the Boardwalk Bakery. The gentleman I spoke to talked very fast and I felt kind of rushed! I hope it comes out right. I asked for my DS HS colors, Hunter Green & Gold. He said we had room for "Congratulations Class of 2015" to be written on the cake. I asked for Mickey heads to decorate the cake. either swirls or dots. He at first told me they couldn't, but then said they could do some. I hope it turns out nice. He quoted $40

I'm sorry that they rushed you through the ordering process. That would bother me as well. To give yourself peace of mind, you might try calling back just to confirm about the Mickey heads since it was an area of concern. If you're afraid of getting the same fast talking treatment, you might call after hours...leave a message...and have them call you back. I think there's less chance of a rushed call back since they're calling you at a good time for them. While you're at it, you can even ask in the message to reconfirm the details on their side...maybe even saying you were just concerned since the original convo was a bit rushed and you wanted to feel confident that they got all of the cake details. BW Bakery is usually very good with client interaction, but I'm sure they have their off days too.

JDMom

I'm sorry that they rushed you through the ordering process. That would bother me as well. To give yourself peace of mind, you might try calling back just to confirm about the Mickey heads since it was an area of concern. If you're afraid of getting the same fast talking treatment, you might call after hours...leave a message...and have them call you back. I think there's less chance of a rushed call back since they're calling you at a good time for them. While you're at it, you can even ask in the message to reconfirm the details on their side...maybe even saying you were just concerned since the original convo was a bit rushed and you wanted to feel confident that they got all of the cake details. BW Bakery is usually very good with client interaction, but I'm sure they have their off days too.
Thanks! I was thinking I may call back closer to the pick up date, just to verify the design. He wasn't rude at all...just really fast! LOL! I think I was on the phone 2 minutes! He repeated the order back to me and it sounded right. I do know I will be nervous until I SEE the cake. My only other experience with cake ordering was a mini castle cake, so I knew exactly what it would look like. He did say Hunter Green butter cream, so I am guessing that will be the main color w/Gold as writing and whatever mickey heads they put on. Kinda makes me wish my sons school colors were not so blah! LOL!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thanks! I was thinking I may call back closer to the pick up date, just to verify the design. He wasn't rude at all...just really fast! LOL! I think I was on the phone 2 minutes! He repeated the order back to me and it sounded right. I do know I will be nervous until I SEE the cake. My only other experience with cake ordering was a mini castle cake, so I knew exactly what it would look like. He did say Hunter Green butter cream, so I am guessing that will be the main color w/Gold as writing and whatever mickey heads they put on. Kinda makes me wish my sons school colors were not so blah! LOL!

I like to reconfirm my order shortly before travel anyways. In fact, I think a lot of people do this and all of the bakeries are used to it. It's a good sign that he was so specific (i.e. hunter green vs. green) when stating the buttercream color, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to find out how they'll incorporate the gold. I am thinking it's the piping on the base and top edge of the cake that will be gold, but you still may want to check I personally like the color combo :) Had it been my HS...it would have been blue and white. Now that's really blah! o_O

OhareATC

I had another question. I am thinking about ordering a custom gift basket from the Disney Florist to go with the custom cake I ordered. @HouCuseChickie have you ever done this? How does it work? When I go onto their website and specify a delivery option, it asks for the restaurant and then the time you want it delivered by. It doesn't ask for your dining reservation number or anything. If my reservations are at 7:50pm for Ohana should I select a time before or during the meal? Finally, since it just asked for the recipients name and her name isn't on any reservations, how will they know what table to give it to? Sorry for all the questions, but I couldn't find them in the faq section on the Disney Florist website.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I had another question. I am thinking about ordering a custom gift basket from the Disney Florist to go with the custom cake I ordered. @HouCuseChickie have you ever done this? How does it work? When I go onto their website and specify a delivery option, it asks for the restaurant and then the time you want it delivered by. It doesn't ask for your dining reservation number or anything. If my reservations are at 7:50pm for Ohana should I select a time before or during the meal? Finally, since it just asked for the recipients name and her name isn't on any reservations, how will they know what table to give it to? Sorry for all the questions, but I couldn't find them in the faq section on the Disney Florist website.

I know it's going to sound shocking, but no, I've never ordered anything like this. I know others on the site have though. In room delivery seems to be the more popular option with these, but other forum members may have more info and insight. All I can really do is refer you to the section of the Disney website...which it sounds like you're already using. You might try creating a thread over in the Trip Planning section and see if other forum members can be off assistance. Wish I could be of more help :oops:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Handful of cakes :)

These first 3 were from 2013 & 2014, so prices have probably gone up a bit since then...

$125 8" from Contemporary bakery
minnie.jpg

$185 10" from Contemporary bakery
IMG_0688.jpg

$55 from GF bakery
IMG_0413.jpg

Now for some wedding cakes....

This first one is super simple, but I love the lighting on the castle.

4e968a56c5f71241a149f9aeb96e2ab3.jpg

This next one is similar to other cakes we've seen, but I really like the little extras on this one...

7067974ab5b4b0b5f0342296d7542d67.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
As much as I love posting cake pics and helping fellow forum members with cake designs and orders, I hate dealing with the posting of the nuts and bolts type info. Still, it has to be done now and then because things change from time to time. So...here are some updates on the how to's and what's potentially available. There are actually a number of updates, so it's worth a read if you're interested in a cake and have the time.

I am borrowing this information from Carrie/Lurkyloo's site as well as the cake thread on another forum. If you want more info directly from Carrie...you can go to her site -->http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/ So, just sharing this as how to info...

All-Star Resorts — Movies: 407-939-4091 / Music: 407-827-2253 / Sports: 407-939-7034
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order via All-Stars at numbers above for delivery to food court or your room
Animal Kingdom — 407-938-3243
  • Tusker House cakes come from Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ bakery. See Hollywood Studios for options, but call Tusker House at 407-938-3243 to order
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $23, 8 inches for $35, 10 inches for $49, and 12 inches for $52
  • Cakes are not available elsewhere in Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom Lodge* — 407-938-4720
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $40 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Zebra Cake $42 (serves 8-10): Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and light and dark chocolate ganache zebra stripes
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available. 5–7 days’ notice is required. Private dining may be able to pick up cakes made by other Disney resort bakeries.
Art of Animation Resort* — 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686 for delivery to food court or your room
Bay Lake Tower*
See Contemporary Resort.

BoardWalk Inn* — 407-939-5175
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen print costs $30
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available
Caribbean Beach* — 407-934-2830
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Shutters at Old Port Royale. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Contemporary Resort* — 407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com
  • 8-inch $40, same options
  • Screen print costs $15–$30
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available
Coronado Springs — 407-827-2253
Cake flavors are chocolate with chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours’ notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Cake sizes are

• 4-person $20 square cake
  • 5–8-person $30 rectangular cake
  • 10-person $40 round cake
  • 12–16-person $50 rectangular cake
Downtown Disney — 407-827-2253
There are no Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney. You must contact each restaurant individually to see if it offers any kind of special dessert or cake. Here are options at some of the most popular restaurants:

Fulton’s Crab House — 407-934-2628

Only option is an all-chocolate cake that feeds 8 people for $49. No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake. At least 48 hours’ notice required. No cake-cutting fee if you bring your own cake.

Portobello — 407-934-8888

No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake.

• Cake flavors: Yellow, chocolate, marble
  • Filling flavors: Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry
  • Frosting flavors: Whipped cream, vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream
  • 9-inch cake: $45, serves 4–8
  • Half sheet cake: $85, serves 16–25
  • Full sheet cake: $150, serves 24–54
  • Chocolate Paradiso Cake: All-chocolate cake; $65, feeds 8–16
Raglan Road — 407-938-0300

Cakes come in two sizes: 10-inch round (12 slices) or half sheet cake (12″ x 16″, 25-30 slices). 48 hours’ to 1 week’s notice required. No fancy fondant cakes and no screen prints.

• Layered Baileys & Chocolate cake: Layers of chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream covered in a chocolate mirror icing. $65 for 10-inch round, $110 for half sheet cake.
  • Dunbrody Chocolate Kiss: Chocolate mousse cake with a chocolate biscuit based covered in a dark chocolate ganache. $60 for 10-inch round, $100 for half sheet cake.
  • Victoria Sponge Cake: Classic sponge cake with fresh strawberries and Chantilly cream. $55 for 10-inch round, $95 for half sheet cake.
  • Wild Berry Pavlova Cake: Triple-layered meringue with wild berries, fruit compote and fresh whipped cream. $45 for 10-inch round, $75 for half sheet cake.
  • Arctic Roll: Vanilla ice cream wrapped in chocolate sponge covered in toasted meringue. $55 for 10-inch round, $95 for half sheet cake.
Wolfgang Puck — 407-938-9653

No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake. 48-hours’ notice required.

• Cake flavors: Carrot, yellow, chocolate, marble
  • Filling flavors: Chocolate, strawberry
  • Frosting flavors: Whipped cream, cream cheese, chocolate ganache, meringue
  • 8-inch cake: $35, serves 4–8
  • 10-inch round: $48, serves 8–12
  • Half sheet cake: $75, serves 16–25
  • Full sheet cake: $150, serves 24–54
Epcot* — 407-560-6395
The following information is only for restaurants in theCanada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plusFuture World. All other Epcot restaurants are supplied by outside vendors (details on these are listed below, under “Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors.”)

• 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting; no personalization
  • 8-inch $40 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $54 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake. Available cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. Available filling flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, fruit mousse (strawberry). Available frosting flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache.
White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:

• Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch
Again, Epcot’s Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by an outside vendor are detailed below. If you don’t see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it’s serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France — 407-827-5032, ext. 110

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit
Nine Dragons — 407-827-8781, ext. 14

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print
Restaurant Marrakesh — 407-827-5322, ext. 16

• 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $48 cake, same options as 6-inch
San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel — 407-842-1107

• 6-inch $21 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print
Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773

• 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print
Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040

• 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Larger cakes: $10/person
  • No screen prints available
Fort Wilderness Resort* — 407-824-2090
  • Basic buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Grand Floridian Resort* — 407-824-1951
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream ($28 at Victoria & Albert’s; flavors same as 8-inch cake)
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting ($35 at Victoria & Albert’s)
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, custard with strawberries, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cake with white chocolate castle topper comes in chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse, yellow cake with white chocolate mousse or cheesecake for $30; other styles of one- and two-tier mini cakes are available at $35 and up and serve two
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors are available
Hollywood Studios — 407-827-2253
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54, same options as 8-inch
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger for $15
  • It may be possible to get a fancy, fondant-covered cake by calling the Brown Derby’s Group Reservations line at 407-560-5377.
Magic Kingdom* — 407-827-2253 or magickingdomcakes@disney.com
Beginning December 15, 2016- custom cakes will NO LONGER be available at Magic Kingdom resaurants

• Screen print costs $15–$30
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15 and can only be served at Cinderella’s Royal Table
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and start at $75 for 6-inch cakes.
  • Mini-cakes cost $35 and serve 1–2. Options are chocolate or vanilla cake (red velvet available for $5 more), with chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting. Filling choices are chocolate or vanilla buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, or white chocolate mousse. Standard decoration choices are Mickey ears, Princess Minnie ears or flowers, and they can do inscriptions of up to four words.
Old Key West* — 407-827-1818
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Olivia’s by calling 407-827-1818. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Polynesian Resort* — 407-824-2165
  • 10-inch $54 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Pop Century Resort* — 407-938-3070
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order through Pop Century at 407-938-4590 for delivery to food court or your room
Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside* — 407-934-5822
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Port Orleans at 407-934-5822 and pick up cake at food court or restaurant.

Saratoga Springs Resort* — 407-827-4005
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Saratoga Springs at 407-827-4005 and pick up cake at The Artist’s Palette.

Wilderness Lodge* — 407-824-2090
  • Basic buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Yacht & Beach Club* — 407-934-3105
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
* = Fancy fondant cakes may be available

FAQ
How do I order a cake at ______________ ?For Disney-owned and -operated locations at Walt Disney World, call the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253.

Is there a web site for viewing cake choices?
Not at this time.

Is there an email address for ordering cakes?
Only the Contemporary (WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com) and the Magic Kingdom (magickingdomcakes@disney.com) have public email addresses for placing cake orders. For all other locations, you will need to call to place your order. It is sometimes possible to request an individual cast member’s email address so that you can send in a cake photo.

Can I get a cake delivered to my room?
At resorts that offer Private Dining, yes. For any other resort, follow the prompts on the Cake Hotline to speak with someone at your resort about the availability of delivery. You do not need to be in the room when the cake is delivered, but you must be checked in to your reservation.

Can I pick up a cake somewhere?BoardWalk Bakery offers the option to pick up a cake with at least 72 hours’ notice (standard 6-inch cakes like those available at restaurant podiums can be purchased with no notice). Private Dining at the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian may be allow you to pick up a cake at one of the restaurants in the resort without a reservation. If you’re staying at a resort that doesn’t offer Private Dining, you can pick up a custom cake at the resort food court or restaurant by placing the order with the resort via the Cake Hotline.

Can I get a cake at Downtown Disney?
There are no longer any Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney, which means you’ll have to phone each restaurant individually to see whether it offers custom cakes. Information on cake options at some of the most popular Downtown Disney restaurants can be found on the Cake Options By Location page.

Can I order a cake for someone else?
This is tricky. When you place the order, you will be required to provide a credit card number, but Disney usually charges the room or the restaurant bill, so your friend will have to pay the bill. Also, sometimes the server doesn’t realize there is a cake for the table, so if no one in the party knows about it and reminds him/her, it may never appear.

When should I order my cake?
No less than 48 hours ahead of time; for complicated fondant designs, 3 or 4 weeks’ notice may be necessary. Disney will take your order as early as you wish to place it, but be sure to reconfirm it about a week out to be sure it hasn’t been lost.

What size cake do I need for my group?

• Mini-cake serves 2
  • 6-inch serves 5
  • 8-inch serves 8
  • 10-inch serves 16
  • Mickey Mouse cake serves 10–12
  • 1/4 sheet cake serves 25
  • 1/2 sheet cake serves 50
  • Sheet cake serves 100
Do I need to bring my own candles?
No. Disney’s table-service restaurants provide candles upon request.

What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.

What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resort bakeries, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom can accommodate certain special requests. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. Note that carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings are not available for mini cakes.

This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these:

Wedding Cake Flavors

• Vanilla
  • Chocolate
  • Marble
  • Carrot*
  • Red Velvet
  • Lemon
  • Orange
  • Almond
Wedding Cake Fillings

• White Chocolate Mousse
  • Dark Chocolate Mousse
  • Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Raspberry Mousse
  • Orange White Chocolate Mousse
  • Orange Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Almond Crunch Mousse
  • Amaretto Mousse
  • Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
  • Strawberry Mousse
  • Passion Fruit Mousse
  • Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
  • Mint White Chocolate Mousse
  • German Chocolate
  • Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Cannoli Filling
  • Buttercream
  • Cream Cheese
  • Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
  • Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
  • Bavarian Cream
  • Bailey’s Mousse
  • Blackberry Mousse
  • Lemon Mousse
  • Mocha Mousse
  • Fresh Strawberries*
  • Fresh Raspberries*
  • White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries*
  • Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries*
  • Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
  • Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
  • Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries*
  • Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
*Carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings not available in mini cakes

Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake?

• Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas (no mini cakes)
  • Art of Animation Resort
  • BoardWalk Inn & Villas
  • Caribbean Beach
    • Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower

• Epcot (excluding restaurants in Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France)
    • Fort Wilderness
    • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    • Magic Kingdom
    • Old Key West
    • Pop Century
    • Polynesian Resort
    • Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    • Wilderness Lodge
    • Yacht & Beach Club & Villas
Can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake in a theme park?
Only at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, excluding restaurants in the Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France pavilions. For the Magic Kingdom, place your order through the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253. For Epcot, place your order through Epcot’s Food and Beverage department: 407-560-6395.

I got married at Walt Disney World. How do I get a re-creation of the top layer of our wedding cake?
Contact Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. If your wedding was in the last five years, they can access your BEO to get an exact description of the cake.Alternatively, BoardWalk Bakery can replicate any of the standard Escape Collection cake designs. Otherwise, you can submit photos to any pastry team on property to help them replicate your cake.

Is the frosting buttercream or whipped cream?
Standard 6-inch cakes are frosted in buttercream, while custom-ordered cakes may be available in a choice of buttercream or whipped cream.

I don’t like the taste of fondant but I want an elaborate cake. What should I do?
Disney’s cakes come with a layer of buttercream underneath the fondant and can be served with the fondant removed. You can also specify whether you want vanilla or chocolate buttercream underneath the fondant.

Which characters can I get on my cake?
Any character from the extended Disney family (Muppets, Pixar, Disney Junior, et al.) except Winnie the Pooh & Friends. (Note: Awareness of this rule varies, so if you want Pooh, it never hurts to ask.) Characters cannot be sculpted 3-D, they must be rendered as a flat screen print directly on the cake or on a standing piece of white chocolate. The exceptions are the white chocolate character statues available for an additional charge at certain Deluxe resorts. Alternatively, you may be able to work with the bakery to provide your own plastic figurines to be placed on the cake. Disney Cake Options By Location page). Prices are $15–$65, depending on size and resort, and figures can be fully painted for an additional charge. The selection varies by location, with the Grand Floridian offering the widest variety. Check with the bakery at the resort where you want to order the character.

• Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Ariel
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Remy
  • Stitch
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Jedi Mickey
  • Anniversary Mickey & Minnie
  • Dark chocolate 3-inch Mickey or Minnie
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Tow Mater
Can I get a cake shaped like something besides a circle or a square?
The Grand Floridian is your best bet for a specially shaped cake, although the Contemporary and the Yacht & Beach Club may be able to do certain styles.

Can I send in a picture of what I want?
Once you make contact with a Disney cast member through the Cake Hotline, you can work with him or her to e-mail photos to the pastry chef.

Can I get something other than a cake, like chocolate-covered strawberries?
Your best bet is to be staying at a Deluxe Resort, since their private dining menus usually have a section for “celebrations” or edible “amenities” you can have delivered to your room. Click here for a sample of the cake-alternatives at the Contemporary Resort and Animal Kingdom Lodge. You’ll need to contact private dining at your resort to see what they offer, since every resort does something different.

Where can I get a mini cake?

The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn or any location serviced by these bakeries.

Where can I get a mini-castle cake?
The Grand Floridian or the Contemporary and any location serviced by these bakeries.

Where can I get the chocolate Cinderella Slipper Dessert?
The Cinderella Slipper Dessert is available at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary Resort, and Cinderella’s Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. It is usually white chocolate, but Cinderella’s Royal Table occasionally offers it in milk chocolate.

What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?
In general, Disney will do its best to accommodate dietary restrictions like allergies, but it’s best to call to find out your options. All Disney-owned restaurants offer a vegan, allergen-free cake in chocolate or vanilla for $29.

Alternatively, vegan bakery Erin McKenna's Bakery (formerly Babycakes NYC) at Downtown Disney delivers two-layer 6-inch cakes (serves 8–10) to restaurants on Disney property. Call 855-462-2292 at least one week in advance to order. Erin McKenna’s offers gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, casein-free, egg-free, vegan and kosher baked goods. Certain other Erin McKenna’s Bakery items—like mini cupcakes, cookies and doughnuts—can be found in the gift shops at the Beach Club and Kidani Village; at Jambo House’s quick-service spot, the Mara; in the food courts at Pop Century and Art of Animation; and at Animal Kingdom’s Gardens Kiosk, a food-allergy info booth near Flame Tree Barbecue and It’s Tough to Be a Bug.

Will the restaurant hold my leftover cake until the end of the night?
Disney’s official policy forbids this as a food-safety precaution, but some guests have been able to get Disney restaurants to hold their leftover cake. Just don’t count on it.

How do I order a cake at the Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin?These resorts are not owned by Disney, so you must call them directly at 407-934-1614 to place an order at least 48 hours in advance.

Cake Flavors:
Intense Chocolate
Vanilla Bean
Raspberry Vanilla
Strawberry Shortcake

Cake Sizes and Prices:
6” cake (5 to 7 people ): $42 and up
8” cake (10 to 12 people): $65 and up
10” cake (14 to 16 people): $89 and up
1/2 sheet cake (25 to 30 people): $185 and up
Full Sheet cake (54 to 60 people): $380 and up

How do I order a cake at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World?You must call Private Dining at the Four Seasons directly at (407) 313-7777. They offer the standard cakes below, or you can work with the pastry chef on a custom cake by filling out the order form they will send you.

Cake Flavors:Carrot-Pineapple
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse
Vanilla Diplomat (vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting)

Restaurant Podium Cakes
If you’re OK with a simple supermarket-style cake in vanilla or chocolate, you can get one just by asking at the podium when you check in for your reservation at any Disney restaurant except Victoria & Albert’s. These 6-inch cakes serve 5 and cost $23 plus tax.

Basic Custom Cakes
With 48 hours’ notice, most restaurants also offer basic custom cakes in larger sizes and a limited range of flavors with basic decorations. If an 8-inch cake is offered, it will be available in chocolate or vanilla and cost $35 (serves 8). Ordering a 10-inch cake ($49, serves 16) will get you more flavor choices—usually vanilla, chocolate or marble cake filled with vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, or raspberry mousse and covered in vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream. Sheet cakes are available in 1/4 ($55, serves 25), 1/2 ($80, serves 50) and full ($120, serves 100) sizes. The price of adding a screen-printed image to a cake varies by location and ranges from as little as $2 to as much as $35—and at some places it’s free!

Most restaurants also offer a Mickey Mouse cake in the shape of his head bearing a screen print of his face for $52. It serves 10–12 people, is available in white or chocolate cake with chocolate filling, and is covered in chocolate ganache. Although the cake cannot be customized, you can have a message written on the serving plate. At restaurants serviced by the Contemporary Resort Bakery, the Mickey Mouse cake may be covered in piped buttercream frosting rather than a coating of chocolate ganache, on request.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Having a really lazy day, but I guess I'll do a cake update :D

Someone sent the following cake pic to the Contemporary and got a quote of $121 to have this done. While I don't think this was Disney bakery made, I'm sharing it because I think we have seen things like this and it's a cute idea. It's also probably the nicest fireworks incorporation/execution I've seen.

fireworks cake.jpg

8" Donald Duck themed cake made by AKL for $61

EFA493E9-471C-4408-9B37-E6A1377BE649.jpg

and chocolate ganache filling inside this one :)

8DC321AA-2745-41EA-A36C-1CA3FB856220.jpg

$37 mini wedding cake from the Contemporary

IMG_5063_zpsfzdn26me.jpg

IMG_5071_zpsllfoyxxr.jpg

This was from the Contemporary bakery, but no other info...

p2220044-0000-jpg.90645

Not exactly sure on the bakery here (thinking BW), but I think this was done last year for $150

starwars-cake-jpeg.90654

Next up...wedding cake pics. This first series is from the GF...

4fddc5c6dfa166254182b671737d1caf.jpg

3cd5b4767b3636c151bb2e32b191d24c.jpg

7622ba864c4cf7d26c72d67516af3085.jpg

468ec56103246b35800b01af80219a3d.jpg

2741e5ec881a8acf894b7f529bac65a2.jpg

1ed4ba49d9e3da565ba99d876adcd491.jpg

4872adc1acf643f422a24a8a226e9192.jpg

And then this was from an actual wedding. The Yoda presentation for the groom is...well...interesting.

c0a85285a7a75c6b9d0a4af51dc99e56.jpg

9c914b1c3da92a0d0e5be456e091aff0.jpg

59c1c9f755595481dbaabe610e373fa8.jpg

OK...well, that's it. Back to being lazy.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I saw a post with princess cakes on Cake Wrecks today and I thought I'd share. These are not cakes produced by Disney, but I've seen some Disney cakes that were inspired from similar concepts. Soooooo, for those of you looking for cake inspiration for princess themes...well...here ya go :)

ariel cake.jpg

aurora cake.jpg

belle cake.jpg

cindycake.jpg

frozen cake.jpg

merida cake.jpg

rapunzel cake.jpg

snowwhitecake.jpg

tiana cake.jpg

mulan cake.jpg

In any event, just thought these were some great ways to incorporate princess themes into cakes.

JDMom

Yippee! I just ordered my 2nd cake for our trip in June! I will pick this one up at Boardwalk Bakery when i pick up my DS graduation cake. This time we did the vanilla 8in cake with whip cream frosting & strawberry mouse. inscribed with "20 Magical Years". Quoted $40. This was a very pleasant experience! He was super nice! I did ask what else we can do to make the cake more "magical" ,he mentioned white chocolate figures, but said a plain one would not look great on a white cake. he also mentioned a colored picture on a white chocolate stand. For $30-$40 extra I just didn't think it would be worth it (especially buying 2 cakes) He said he was adding Mickey swirls to the cake and that he would tell the girls to make the cake look "very pretty" I really can't wait to see these cakes,,,plus we will have cake for breakfast for the week! lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom