WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Oh that is so sweet!!!!! Hilarious about the candles! HA! What an incredible moment! I hope that they make it a little more magical! It will be just the 3 of us. We contemplated making it be a family thing. But honestly, everything we have done so far has been big extended family. I just want to have this moment as a nuclear family. Just us. Totally selfish I know, but I just want to keep it small. He will have a big 1st bday party when we come home. Its probably going to be winnie the pooh themed so I did think maybe doing this at Crystal Palace. Do they do the cakes in the parks too? Or just at resort locations? Thanks!

Well, that makes it much easier if it's just the 3 of you. I wasn't sure since I know you had extended family there for the balloon reveal. I don't think it's selfish at all either! In fact, it may be a really wise move. My younger one had just turned 2 on her first WDW visit and she had her moments of sensory overload after my parents, brother and SIL joined us several days into our trip. i.e. with the parks, rides, characters, lights, etc...and now all of this family...it started to be a bit much for her and led to some big meltdowns. She was MUCH better when it was just the 4 of us.

You can get cakes in the park restaurants. Contemporary Bakery also services CP (and all of the MK restaurants); however, to put in your order, you have to work through Magic Kingdom Cakes. I've posted the contact info below. I prefer starting with the email just to have a virtual record trail, but they'll reach out to you.

407-827-2253 or magickingdomcakes@disney.com

Now, a word of caution...they cannot do Pooh & Friends themed cakes. It's all licensing stuff. It drives me nuts b/c Pooh is my younger one's fave. I guess at least I was able to do a Pooh themed cake for her first (at home, of course).

4885271403_53cc117efd_z.jpg

Funny, but I recently found the fondant hunny pot topper stored away in my freezer. Guess I forgot about that! Ooops!

Thanks. She and her BF have basically planned what type of Disney wedding (Italian Pavilion at EPCOT), I've already talked to Disney Weddings and we've peeked in the windows of their showroom at the GF- talk about cakes! And her BF is as excited about a Disney wedding as my daughter and I are - he wants to do the 7 day cruise for their honeymoon. But the ball is in his court. lol

That sounds sooooooooo awesome!!! Well, you are definitely going to have to keep us posted because I'm sure we'd all love to see the cake!!! :) Congrats again!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Can I get a custom cake delivered to the Hoop de doo? I wasn't sure with it being a dinner show?

Yes, you can have a custom cake delivered to Hoop Dee Doo. You'll be working with the Contemporary bakery for your order. I had to double check since it's not a common location for a cake, but I believe there's a cake in the thread (maybe pg 24 or 25) that was delivered there at some point last year.

pobutre

Does anybody know if Le Cellier will make a jumbo sized Chocolate "moose"? We are celebrating a birthday there next month. Thanks.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Does anybody know if Le Cellier will make a jumbo sized Chocolate "moose"? We are celebrating a birthday there next month. Thanks.

I've never seen one; however, your best bet is to get with the Epcot bakery to see if there's anything they can do to accommodate your request. They do service Le Cellier, so they might be able to come up with something.

Epcot* — 407-560-6395

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Things have been slow with Disney cakes of late, but I have a few cake pics from the wedding cake blog and some special occasion cakes...

This first one was done by the GF bakery...
ac01858608b20caa999a4b43a8416fe7.jpg

281144f466f733b87db8da7de2372c22.jpg

Not sure about the source of this second one, but the Mickey meets Minnie theme is cute...
55755d10aeeb688f2cb8812750cbe450.jpg

Next up, a Nightmare Before Christmas cake...
ezhj80.jpg

And a Toy Story cake...
toystorycake.jpg

The first one was actually from 2012 and cost $75. The second one was recent and $85. Both were made by the Contemporary.

Not sure on the bakery that made this next one, but I really like the surfboards

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv84%3B%3A%3Dot%3E3368%3D%3A29%3D%3B25%3DXROQDF%3E2647%3A99989254ot1lsi

Also not 100% on the bakery that made this one...

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C36%3A%3Enu%3D4277%3E938%3E%3A34%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3B73%3B763345nu0mrj

An up themed mini wedding cake...
img_1911-jpg.1824

This was actually somebody's inspiration pic, but it is a 2 tier from one of the Disney bakeries. Very Valentine's Day themed in the colors...

image-jpg.1656

Again, not sure which bakery did the next 2, but as I think most of you can tell by now...it's very uncommon to see sheet cakes at WDW...

ariel2-jpg.831

frozen-jpg.832

I'm almost wondering if these were outside bakeries.

OK...that's it for now, but coming VERY SOON will be a Disneyland edition. It won't really be a ton of cake pics, but I've been doing my research and figured I'd share in case any of you want to know how to order a cake at Disneyland and what some of the options are out there. :)

pobutre

I've never seen one; however, your best bet is to get with the Epcot bakery to see if there's anything they can do to accommodate your request. They do service Le Cellier, so they might be able to come up with something.

Epcot* — 407-560-6395
Thanks. I called them this morning and they are going to check with the restaurant to see if this can be done. They promised to send me an email when they heard back from Le Cellier.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
As promised...some Disneyland cake info!!!

This first piece of info is circa 2013, but from what I can see...it is congruent with all of the orders I've seen.

Cake Offerings
Here are the choices for ordering a cake…* Cakes require 72 hours notice. *
Mickey Mouse / Minnie Mouse Cake Cake flavor
· Vanilla
· Chocolate
Size
· 10” round ‐serves 8‐10 Guests.Price: $62
Disney Princess Cakes The Princess Cakes are available with one of the following: Belle, Aurora or Cinderella Cake Flavor
· Vanilla(1 filling and 1 frosting)
· Chocolate(1 filling and 1 frosting)
· Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
· Carrot Cake (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
Cake Filling
· Vanilla Custard
· Whipped Cream
· White Chocolate Mousse
· Dark Chocolate Mousse
· Chocolate Ganache
Cake Frosting
· Whipped Cream
· Vanilla Butter Cream
Size
· 6” Round Cake - serves 6 Guests.Price: $39
· 10” Round Cake ‐serves 8‐10 Guests.Price: $62
· ¼Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests.Price: $80
· ½Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests.Price: $110
Classic CakeCake Flavor
· Vanilla(1 filling and 1 frosting)
· Chocolate(1 filling and 1 frosting)
· Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
· Carrot Cake (cream cheese filling/ vanilla butter cream frosting)
Cake Filling
· Vanilla Custard
· Whipped Cream
· White Chocolate Mousse
· Dark Chocolate Mousse
· Chocolate Ganache
Cake Frosting
· Whipped Cream
· Vanilla Butter Cream
· Chocolate Ganache
· Chocolate whip cream
Size
· 6” Round Cake- serves 6 Guests.Price: $39
· 10” Round Cake ‐serves 8‐10 Guests.Price: $62
· ¼Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests.Price: $80
· ½Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests.Price: $110
· Full Sheet Cake - serves 80 Guests.Price: $158
Character Images Figurine – (1 image Figurine for 6”, 10” or ¼cakes , up to 2 for ½sheet, up to 3 for full sheet cakes)
· Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto
· Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Lightning McQueen, Jack Skellington
· TinkerBell, Ariel, Tiana

We can have a cake delivered to a Disney sit down restaurant.

This link is Disney's official info on ordering cakes at Disneyland

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/birthdays/

This is a video giving an inside look at the bakery at Disneyland

Disneyland also has a birthday party option...

Disneyland has a party with characters just for birthday celebrations every day at the Plaza Inn! For $16.99 each guest will receive party hats, a souvenir cup, a mini birthday cake to decorate and icing and cake toppings to eat or decorate with. Mickey and Minnie themselves even pop in to join the celebration! The party lasts about an hour and reservations are recommended. (per TouringPlans)

This picture appears to be the cake they provide...
Disneyland has a party with characters just for birthday celebrations every day at the Plaza Inn! For $16.99 each guest will receive party hats, a souvenir cup, a mini birthday cake to decorate and icing and cake toppings to eat or decorate with. Mickey and Minnie themselves even pop in to join the celebration! The party lasts about an hour and reservations are recommended.

This appears to be the cake included...

download

Now, I pulled the basic cake info from the various sites for Disneyland out there. I found the following on TourinPlans and I haven't cross checked it to see if it matches up to the info above. Still, it may be useful.

Order a Cake – A cake! Of course! What’s a birthday without a cake? At Disneyland you can have a cake waiting for you at any full service restaurant in the parks or at the resort hotels. You can order a Princess Jewelry Box or Disney Pirate Treasure Chest for $15 and each comes with an individual cake. You can also choose from a variety of custom made cakes that include Mickey and Minnie cakes, Princess cakes, classic cakes, and sometimes they can accommodate special requests for characters. Call the Dream Makers at 714-300-7526, option 2, and see what they can do for you! Be sure to give them at least 72-hours notice!

I haven't found a ton of pics, but here are some of the more basic cake pics I have turned up...

attachment.php

download

download

IMAG0552.jpg

Sorry, that last one is HUGE! Hopefully, this info will help more than just me. And I'll keep you guys posted with my DLR cake ordering/plans.

RobnRachal

We will be visiting this summer for our girls to dance in the parade. Since my oldest will have just graduated I was hoping to surprise her with a cake our first night there. We are planning to eat at Via Napoli. First off, to your knowledge, is that doable? If so, who would I contact. Thank you for all your info on cakes. I follow along to this thread and have enjoyed your trip reports. I know I've come to the right place ;)

pobutre

Cool- keep us posted!!! :)

So, I heard back and the chefs at Le Cellier are going to make a large chocolate "moose" for us. No word on the price, but they supposedly added the notification to our reservation number and noted that it was a surprise. It's going to be a bit of a surprise for all of us since I didn't have any conversation directly with Le Cellier and I've got no idea with they mean by "large". It's for March 3 so I'll try and remember to take a picture and post along with the price when I get home.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
We will be visiting this summer for our girls to dance in the parade. Since my oldest will have just graduated I was hoping to surprise her with a cake our first night there. We are planning to eat at Via Napoli. First off, to your knowledge, is that doable? If so, who would I contact. Thank you for all your info on cakes. I follow along to this thread and have enjoyed your trip reports. I know I've come to the right place ;)

What a great surprise!!! :) You can get cake at Via Napoli, but they don't go through any of the traditional bakeries. This is the contact info and the gist of what you can get...

Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040

• 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Larger cakes: $10/person
  • No screen prints available
And definitely keep us posted :)

So, I heard back and the chefs at Le Cellier are going to make a large chocolate "moose" for us. No word on the price, but they supposedly added the notification to our reservation number and noted that it was a surprise. It's going to be a bit of a surprise for all of us since I didn't have any conversation directly with Le Cellier and I've got no idea with they mean by "large". It's for March 3 so I'll try and remember to take a picture and post along with the price when I get home.

Very exciting!!! You must share with us how this turns out!

JDMom

What a great surprise!!! :) You can get cake at Via Napoli, but they don't go through any of the traditional bakeries. This is the contact info and the gist of what you can get...

Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040

• 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Larger cakes: $10/person
  • No screen prints available
And definitely keep us posted :)

Very exciting!!! You must share with us how this turns out!
So, no decorations at all?

kirari

Hi everyone,

I'm newly arriving here (even if I read the forum for a long time now). That will be my first post then. First, thank you for sharing all that info and photos, it's amazing and gave me plenty of ideas.

I will be going to Disney world next November for my first trip with my sweet boyfriend. Lot of things are planned for that trip , but one thing in particular will happen: my Boyfriend 25th birthday. It will be on November 7th (we stay 1 to 17 to wdw, 9-13 we are on DCL), and I hope I can get an ADR for the California grill this day at about 8pm.

Well all that said, it leads me to this topic. I'd like to order a cake for him to be delivered there. Actually, I would like to have your opinion on what I plan:
-6 inch cake (hope we can finish it before the cruise)
-fondant-covered but with vanilla buttercream underneath the fondant and a filling with strawberry mouss with fresh strawberries (if it's possible to have a filling AND a buttercream at the same time. I am French, and even if my English is not to bad, I still have some difficulties to understand everything).
-themed on Disney villains, special note on Gaston and/or Facilier as they are my BF favourite characters (well, I think I've read that characters appearing in different films can't be put together, but not sure)
- written "happy 25th birthday Mickael" and a love phrase on the plate to (have to decide which one)

Do you think that could be made by the contemporary bakery? I've got a maximum budget of 150$.

Thanks a lot for your advices and any suggestions, and sorry if I made any language mistakes.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I'm newly arriving here (even if I read the forum for a long time now). That will be my first post then. First, thank you for sharing all that info and photos, it's amazing and gave me plenty of ideas.

I will be going to Disney world next November for my first trip with my sweet boyfriend. Lot of things are planned for that trip , but one thing in particular will happen: my Boyfriend 25th birthday. It will be on November 7th (we stay 1 to 17 to wdw, 9-13 we are on DCL), and I hope I can get an ADR for the California grill this day at about 8pm.

Well all that said, it leads me to this topic. I'd like to order a cake for him to be delivered there. Actually, I would like to have your opinion on what I plan:
-6 inch cake (hope we can finish it before the cruise)
-fondant-covered but with vanilla buttercream underneath the fondant and a filling with strawberry mouss with fresh strawberries (if it's possible to have a filling AND a buttercream at the same time. I am French, and even if my English is not to bad, I still have some difficulties to understand everything).
-themed on Disney villains, special note on Gaston and/or Facilier as they are my BF favourite characters (well, I think I've read that characters appearing in different films can't be put together, but not sure)
- written "happy 25th birthday Mickael" and a love phrase on the plate to (have to decide which one)

Do you think that could be made by the contemporary bakery? I've got a maximum budget of 150$.

Thanks a lot for your advices and any suggestions, and sorry if I made any language mistakes.

Well first off...Welcome to WDW Magic :)

Second...your English is WONDERFUL!!!:happy: If my French were even half as good as your English, I wouldn't have had to apologize all of the time way back when we were in Paris (a long time ago!). I at least always tried to speak French :)

Cali Grill is a GREAT spot to get a cake. You'll be working with the Contemporary bakery, which is also beneficial for someone traveling to the US since you can communicate with the chef by email until you're ready to place your order. i.e. not a ton of international calls.

They should have no problem with the fillings, frostings, and fondant, but they may have issue with the size if you have a more elaborate decorating idea. It's essentially a bigger canvas for their cake art. So, there's a chance they may say you need to bump up to an 8 inch cake. Still, we've seen a couple 6 inch from the Contemporary of late that had fondant and more involved décor, so they may be more accommodating with this these days.

I think $150 is a very nice budget. If they can do a 6 inch, you may actually get a cake quote under $100. The birthday message and phrase might add a slight cost, but nothing major.

The bakeries are not permitted to combine characters from different movies/cartoons, so you'd have to pick Gaston or Facilier. I think both characters could make for fun themes.

For Gaston, I keep thinking about the lines from the song, "Gaston." I see him as a 2D edible standup image on top of the cake with an edible barge behind him (roughly the size of a barge)...I see lots of eggs...antlers...and maybe even a book with a title like "How to win Belle's heart" - since we know he'd never read it.

For Facilier, my brain automatically goes to a dark take on Mardi Gras. i.e. diamond patterns in the fondant with darker hues of purple, green and gold. I see beads and masks, but the masks are more sinister looking. And a 2D edible Facilier on top, maybe even with a larger evil mask behind him.

Obviously, the more ornate you make these decorations...the more pricey it's going to be.

Hopefully, this helps get you started and please keep us posted as this sounds like it's going to be an awesome cake! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom