1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

WDW without a car - How reliable are the buses?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by ScubaTrek, May 14, 2017.

1. wplong1

wplong1 New Member

One word: Uber

To me the buses are the least magical transportation and biggest waste of time at WDW. Other than monorail destinations or returns, on our last trip this February we used Uber to get to parks in the morning and to get to and from dining reservations each evening. Never waited more than 5 minutes, transfers are quick and to designated Uber drop off areas near entrances or at the front door of hotels (MK would be closest to Contemporary of course), and I don't think a single ride was more than about $8 or $10. Literally saves hours of waiting and frustration.

21stamps likes this.
  2. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Rent a car, As busses are hit or miss sometimes great many times awful, Two week rentals frequently little more than one week, Also check out a monthly rental which can be cheaper than both, You pay for the month but it is the same price no matter when you return it

3. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

I've done this a couple of times and would agree 100%. It's the fastest way to get to MK from any Orlando hotel that's not in the MK Resort area.