WDW without a car - How reliable are the buses?

ScubaTrek

Our family of 3 is going to Orlando for 2 weeks this summer, one week of Disney and one week of Universal. Since we're staying at Saratoga Springs for our Disney week, my wife wants to skip the rental car and depend on the WDW transportation or that week. That makes me nervous since I've never been without a personal vehicle on a trip like this. Also, we're traveling at near peak season (last week of July) and I'm worried about bus delays due to crowds. Any advice would be helpful. Should I be worried about this, or is the Disney transportation reliable enough? We're planning to be at each park at rope drop and probably stay until closing.

wplong1

Premium Member
One word: Uber

To me the buses are the least magical transportation and biggest waste of time at WDW. Other than monorail destinations or returns, on our last trip this February we used Uber to get to parks in the morning and to get to and from dining reservations each evening. Never waited more than 5 minutes, transfers are quick and to designated Uber drop off areas near entrances or at the front door of hotels (MK would be closest to Contemporary of course), and I don't think a single ride was more than about $8 or $10. Literally saves hours of waiting and frustration.

Upvote 0

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Our family of 3 is going to Orlando for 2 weeks this summer, one week of Disney and one week of Universal. Since we're staying at Saratoga Springs for our Disney week, my wife wants to skip the rental car and depend on the WDW transportation or that week. That makes me nervous since I've never been without a personal vehicle on a trip like this. Also, we're traveling at near peak season (last week of July) and I'm worried about bus delays due to crowds. Any advice would be helpful. Should I be worried about this, or is the Disney transportation reliable enough? We're planning to be at each park at rope drop and probably stay until closing.

Rent a car, As busses are hit or miss sometimes great many times awful, Two week rentals frequently little more than one week, Also check out a monthly rental which can be cheaper than both, You pay for the month but it is the same price no matter when you return it

Upvote 0

Animaniac93-98

If you're using Uber or Lyft or even a Taxi, to get to the MK, have the driver drop you off at the Contemporary and walk over to the MK unless you want to ride the ferry or the monorail. Same thing on the way out. Walk to the CR and have the driver meet you there. If you're taking the buses of course, they will drop you very near the front gate.

I've done this a couple of times and would agree 100%. It's the fastest way to get to MK from any Orlando hotel that's not in the MK Resort area.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom