WDW Where do the fireworks launch from

jenkins1165

Original Poster
Does anyone know where the fireworks come from? We were eating at California Grill and it looks like they come from behind (way behind) the park?? Any ideas on where they are launched from? :shrug:

Thanks

WDW Monorail

Something worth noting is that the site beyond the berm is actually made up of 2 smaller sites, A and B. Each site can shoot 1 showing of Wishes.

Rob562

^How far are they apart?

Also...where are they done for Disneyland? Is there even room behind the park out there?

The A and B launchers are within the same fenced-in launch site. If you rotate the Bing map, you'll see that the Birds-Eye photos were taken at two different times. Some views only have 4 rows of launch tubes, others have 8. This was done within the past 2 or 3 years, I believe.

As for the launchers in Anaheim:
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pn2fpf5560jv&scene=31459797&lvl=2&sty=o

If you drag the map around a little to the SE, you'll see how close it is to Toontown, which is why they close Toontown during the fireworks... It's a fallout zone. I believe CMs are also not allowed on the roof of the TDA parking garage, either.

A few years ago, to help reduce air pollution emissions from the park, all fireworks at Disneyland were switched to the air launch technology first developed for the opening shots of Reflections of Earth at Epcot. Note the two caged-in large red tanks for the compressed air adjacent to the launch site...

As for where their in-park launchers are, I wouldn't have a clue where to look. I've never seen the modern firework shows at Disneyland.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

The A and B launchers are within the same fenced-in launch site. If you rotate the Bing map, you'll see that the Birds-Eye photos were taken at two different times. Some views only have 4 rows of launch tubes, others have 8. This was done within the past 2 or 3 years, I believe.

As for the launchers in Anaheim:
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pn2fpf5560jv&scene=31459797&lvl=2&sty=o

If you drag the map around a little to the SE, you'll see how close it is to Toontown, which is why they close Toontown during the fireworks... It's a fallout zone. I believe CMs are also not allowed on the roof of the TDA parking garage, either.

A few years ago, to help reduce air pollution emissions from the park, all fireworks at Disneyland were switched to the air launch technology first developed for the opening shots of Reflections of Earth at Epcot. Note the two caged-in large red tanks for the compressed air adjacent to the launch site...

As for where their in-park launchers are, I wouldn't have a clue where to look. I've never seen the modern firework shows at Disneyland.

-Rob
Ah, awesome.

As for the DL Park launches? They have a formation called the "Nine Line" of nine launching platforms on the roofs of Fantasyland. Basically surrounds the castle.

WDW Monorail

Ah, awesome.

As for the DL Park launches? They have a formation called the "Nine Line" of nine launching platforms on the roofs of Fantasyland. Basically surrounds the castle.

Nine line runs at the very edge of toon town. The bunkers are a little difficult to see on aerial pictures. There are 5 other site around the hub.

Rob562

Wow! Wonder if they will have to change them with the fantasyland expansion.

The FLE is still outside the fallout zone for the fireworks launch site, though only just. (It runs up against the backstage road that is the egde of the fallout zone.)

Though it's probably no coincidence that the corner of the Expansion that's closest to the launch site is the BATB restaurant, and thus indoors.

-Rob

Camp

The FLE is still outside the fallout zone for the fireworks launch site, though only just. (It runs up against the backstage road that is the egde of the fallout zone.)

Though it's probably no coincidence that the corner of the Expansion that's closest to the launch site is the BATB restaurant, and thus indoors.

-Rob

Interesting post. I also wondered if they use a special type of low ash or casing residue firework since shooting off traditional fireworks every evening would lead to quite a bit of debris.

There also appears to be some smaller fireworks that are shot from the base of the Castle.

raven

Interesting post. I also wondered if they use a special type of low ash or casing residue firework since shooting off traditional fireworks every evening would lead to quite a bit of debris.

There also appears to be some smaller fireworks that are shot from the base of the Castle.

Maybe for inside the park but the main ones outside of the berm are huge. When I drive into work around 10PM every night sometimes the broken shells fall on the road. Kinda scary especially the ones that don't break apart all the way or are still smoking when they hit the ground. :eek:

WDW Monorail

Most shells used are made of cardboard or plastic. If I'm not mistaken, the company experimented with re-usable shell casings a few years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom