WDW Webcams

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
It's probably nothing but I just checked the webcam site for WDW and the pictures from May 25 are gone. Of course there are no pictures there but a message saying "check back soon, our webcams will return". Perhaps they're finally upgrading, or perhaps someone got tired of all the complaints about pictures from 3 months ago on their webcams.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
It's probably nothing but I just checked the webcam site for WDW and the pictures from May 25 are gone. Of course there are no pictures there but a message saying "check back soon, our webcams will return". Perhaps they're finally upgrading, or perhaps someone got tired of all the complaints about pictures from 3 months ago on their webcams.

I think the latter is more accurate... :( :(

markymark

I wish they'd hurry up on this. I mean how difficult can it be? For some of us, it just brightens up your day to be able to see what is going on over there.

RogueHabit

I hope they bring them up to date a little. The Universal website has some great interactive webcames at IOA & ISF. You can control them, zoom in and out and their are 4 or 5 cams to choose from too.

Maybe WDW will get something similar?

If you go to their web site and go to the 100 Years Celebration, there are time elapsed pictures of the "hat" being built. I wonder if this has anything to do with the other cameras being down. This camera is in a different place than the regular one.

I tried to find a direct address but couldn't with my limited computer skills, sorry.

But go to the official web site, then go to the 100 year celebration, then to mgm studios, then to spotlight.

You have to log on within the web site to access it. Let me know if you find it!!!!!

I wonder if this web cam is one from the other site and they just moved it or is it a new one?:confused:

However, that would not explain why the others are down too.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
The hat construction Pics are taken from (or near) the Chinese Theater (GMR). If you look off in the distance on some of the first pictures you can see ToT. The old webcam was mounted on the main entrance to the park and had an ok view of the Theater, so it's not the same camera (or at least not the same view).

Yea, I knew it wasn't the same camera location b/c the original one was at the entrance. I just wondered if they used the same camera and moved it to the top of the Theater. Or if they splurged and bought another camera?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom