WDW Vacation Booklets - A Thing of the Past?

LeighM

For each of our WDW trips the last several years, we've received a little booklet in the mail with info about our resort with a list of important dates and checklist. The older versions had the nice magnet but the later ones did not. In the past, we had received it pretty quickly after booking a trip but this time we haven't gotten anything yet. I asked a Disney rep today when they will mail them and I was told that they no longer mail those:jawdrop::eek:!!! Is that true??? I always looked forward to receiving those - it made a WDW vacation real to me. Plus it was exciting to open :) And this is our first year staying at a new resort so I was excited to get a new one. He told me that all of the important dates can be found on my MDE account (although I can't seem to find it anywhere) and that we'll receive an email closer to the dates to remind us to do that (which they did anyway). Can someone who has booked or taken a trip recently confirm this sad news for me? We received one last year so it must be a newer thing.

Jahona

I haven't received one yet for my upcoming trip that listed dates and what not. The one I did receive had basic rationalization with my resort and events going on during my stay. It didn't include the fridge magnet or reminders for what dates I could book Dining and FP+ like the old one.

MDE only shows days till and not a specific date.

Upvote 0

disneyca

We booked our trip in April, and got our book in the mail shortly after booking. Our book described our resort and gave our booking dates. We didn't get a magnet.
Not sure if this matters but we are from Canada.
I hope you get your book, it is a nice start to your holiday!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Booked December earlier this year and also booked a last minute April one night trip to see Wishes one last time. I got the booklets for both of them. Took a while to get them though. We live in the US. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MightyMouse

I am in Canada as well. I received the booklet shortly after booking our trip this year however my parents, who booked for the same period, did not. I asked my travel agent and she said Disney just sends them out at random. The majority of her clients do not receive them. As others have said no magnet just the booklet. Which by the way I was really impressed by the personalization that went into it.

Upvote 0

Tyaloo

Another Canuck here! We booked in April and got a booklet.

It's been 2 years since we've received a magnet. That was a nice touch! We got one in 2014, but not 2015, 2016, or 2017. They must be done with magnets.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
We booked our Christmas trip in April and received a book for both AKL-KV (majority of trip) and AOA Nemo Suite (last night).
However, in June we booked a late July trip at AKL-KV and added later a first night at POP. We did not receive books for those trips. So, this could be a recent policy change.

I love getting Mickey Mail!!! Books, Magic Bands, cards, etc. So while I do have the books of the various resorts from past stays, it would be a little disappointing to not receive books any more.

Has anyone booked a trip in June AND received a book?

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I've been booking WDW for years and then one trip I didn't receive my Magical Express info when I called they had the incorrect address. The house number was only off by one digit but somehow in their system my address was changed. My letter was probably delivered to the address, my crazy neighbor and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't trash it.
I did get a book for my August trip, the day after I canceled the trip.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Haven't had a magnet in years it seems. We got a booklet when our June trip was technically canceled and rebooked. That was in May. I posted here how long after we got it but I'm too lazy to search. I want to say we got it about a week later.

So if this is a change it is a very new one!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ive never received a magnet. We just received our "Your Magical Vacation Starts Right Now" booklet for our May 2018 trip which lists dates for making ADR's, FP+, and online check in.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Original Poster
Ive never received a magnet. We just received our "Your Magical Vacation Starts Right Now" booklet for our May 2018 trip which lists dates for making ADR's, FP+, and online check in.

Yeah it's been about 3 years since I've received the magnet. It was nice to have but I still appreciated them printing the dates in the back where the magnet used to be :) I booked our March 2018 trip the first day the bookings became available and I still haven't received our booklet :( I'm hoping that the rep was wrong when he told me they were discontinued. When did you book your trip?

Upvote 0
I booked my hotel stay through DVC rentals in Feb/March for an Oct stay at AKL and received a booklet shortly after. No magnet but it had my dates for when I could start booking dining which was great since I had miscalculated .

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Yeah it's been about 3 years since I've received the magnet. It was nice to have but I still appreciated them printing the dates in the back where the magnet used to be :) I booked our March 2018 trip the first day the bookings became available and I still haven't received our booklet :( I'm hoping that the rep was wrong when he told me they were discontinued. When did you book your trip?
We did the booking on June 23rd.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Booked about 2 months ago for November. Received a booklet a couple of weeks ago but no magnet. We did get a magnet for our last trip in April of 2016.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Original Poster
We did the booking on June 23rd.

I wonder if they're selecting which people receive them because if we booked the same day for the same time frame next year, then I should've received mine. I got all of their mail just fine last year after we moved. How annoying lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom