Trip Report WDW Trip #9 - 500 days of waiting (COMPLETED)

Hi all

So as of this evening, it became official. In a little over 500 days time, I will be embarking on my ninth WDW adventure. As with the previous eight trips, there's always something new to discover or something different to experience and I hope to document it here.

Alas, 500 days is a long time to wait, so I invite you all to experience my wait with me. And then, when the big day finally comes, I invite you all to share it with me via this thread.

The main focus of the trip will be on myself and my brother. After a lot of discussion, we ultimately decided on staying at CSR - a resort we have earmarked (no pun intended!) for a while. Our folks will be joining us on the trip, but they will be staying at POFQ.

Despite this being my ninth trip, no doubt I will have some questions along the way which I'm sure the seasoned WDW experts out there will be able to assist me with. Likewise, I'm always willing to impart my wisdom on those who may require it!

So sit back and enjoy. 500 days will pass in no time. I hope!

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
May 06, 2017 (492 days to go)

My reservation has still not appeared in MDE, so I gave Disney UK a quick call to double check everything was OK. My reservation is fine, but because of some differences between the US and UK systems, I will have to wait until at most 200 days before I go before it will appear, though it could appear sooner.

At least I know my reservation is definitely in place though!

Fun fact: when I ended the call to Disney, the person on the other end said "...and we'll see you in 492 days!". Sigh. Long time to wait!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
It will be worth the wait!! :)

I honestly didn't even know you could book that far in advance. Do you get the current prices locked in for the later date?

Oh yeah, Disney UK allows you to book now for trips up to the end of December 2018. The price I'm paying is the price on the website - though I don't know if that's current rates or adjusted for 2018.

21stamps

Oh yeah, Disney UK allows you to book now for trips up to the end of December 2018. The price I'm paying is the price on the website - though I don't know if that's current rates or adjusted for 2018.
Been there only 150 days to go but last year I was way over 500
In the uk you pay whatever the price is when you make the reservation
I always find the early you book it the best deal you get
Nice!

12in12

I understand it is a long time to wait but at least you have a countdown! I haven't been to WDW since December 2015 and only recently decided to go back. I was so happy to log into My Disney Experience and see my reservationew so I totally understand what you are talking about.

susan lees

May 06, 2017 (492 days to go)

My reservation has still not appeared in MDE, so I gave Disney UK a quick call to double check everything was OK. My reservation is fine, but because of some differences between the US and UK systems, I will have to wait until at most 200 days before I go before it will appear, though it could appear sooner.

At least I know my reservation is definitely in place though!

Fun fact: when I ended the call to Disney, the person on the other end said "...and we'll see you in 492 days!". Sigh. Long time to wait!
Had the same issue. We go next November and desperate to see my booking on MDE lol.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Well, I keep checking to see if it appears in MDE but it hasn't yet. If it doesn't appear by the T-200 days mark, then I contact them again.

In the meantime, I have to play the waiting game. It's a long time until the trip!

susan lees

Well, I keep checking to see if it appears in MDE but it hasn't yet. If it doesn't appear by the T-200 days mark, then I contact them again.

In the meantime, I have to play the waiting game. It's a long time until the trip!
I've already got my planning folder started! Crazy I know. At the moment I'm looking up all the different cocktails I can try free next year on the dining plan :D

John park hopper

It will be worth the wait!! :)

I honestly didn't even know you could book that far in advance. Do you get the current prices locked in for the later date?

You can book 499 days prior to booking date. Planning to book for the 50th anniversary of WDW opening, long way off but have my 499th day marked on the calendar

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
August 06, 2017 (400 days to go)

I thought I'd mark this milestone with another post to keep the thread going.

We have plenty of time to think about them, but we're already considering which ADRs we would like. We don't tend to utilise the table service restaurants on the property much - usually only booking one, perhaps two ADRs and then for the remainder of the meals, using quick service DDP credits or going off property somewhere. Anyway, at the moment, we are considering just the one ADR at the moment, and that would be for the Coral Reef restaurant. We had a look around there last time as part of the Undiscovered Future World tour and thought it looked quite nice and so for this trip, we thought we'd sample it for real. Now, if anyone has any good reason why we should avoid it, then let me know.

The next major milestone will be the one year to go point next month and then the month after that, we can book our flights. Watch this space!

12in12

I think if you like seafood Coral Reef is a good choice. I never eat fish or seafood but did eat at Coral Reef years ago and the food was okay. Like most people I just liked the theme of the restaurant and it did deliver on that.

susan lees

August 06, 2017 (400 days to go)

I thought I'd mark this milestone with another post to keep the thread going.

We have plenty of time to think about them, but we're already considering which ADRs we would like. We don't tend to utilise the table service restaurants on the property much - usually only booking one, perhaps two ADRs and then for the remainder of the meals, using quick service DDP credits or going off property somewhere. Anyway, at the moment, we are considering just the one ADR at the moment, and that would be for the Coral Reef restaurant. We had a look around there last time as part of the Undiscovered Future World tour and thought it looked quite nice and so for this trip, we thought we'd sample it for real. Now, if anyone has any good reason why we should avoid it, then let me know.

The next major milestone will be the one year to go point next month and then the month after that, we can book our flights. Watch this space!
I've just booked my flights for next November with virgin holidays as we booked a fly drive. Got our flights and car hire from Manchester for £1250. We were happy with that and on!y needed to pay a deposit.
We decided to have a car this time as we will probably visit a few malls while over.

Tiggertoo56

I've just booked my flights for next November with virgin holidays as we booked a fly drive. Got our flights and car hire from Manchester for £1250. We were happy with that and on!y needed to pay a deposit.
We decided to have a car this time as we will probably visit a few malls while over.
We've got 444 days to go - haven't posted anything for a while, but been keeping up to date with all TRs to keep me happy! Good price for flights & car. Decided not to have a car for the first time - going for 3 weeks & will use uber or similar as most times have had car for 10 days out of 14 & it sits in that car park. Our travel agent (in southnwest) is looking for best price flights.

Tiggertoo56

So, I'm not the only one! :D

Definitely not the only one - party of 7 here in early planning stages too. No doubt will have a few 'planning meetings over the next few months. We don't do ADRs unless special event as we prefer to spend time in the parks, with a couple if quiet days here & there. But as for 21 days think we can have a less rushed time but we do like to fit in as much as possible to the time we have in the bubble as we don't get to go very often.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
You can book flights for November 2018?! I thought airlines only released their flight schedules 11 months in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom