WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

mm121

I do wonder if this ties into a rumored plan to block off the road near Golden Oak. I think the Spirit alluded to that months ago. Memory is hazy, too lazy to search, tho.
Not sure what your meaning by blocking a road by Golden Oak?

This would actually have been cool if they did it, though I dont see it happening.. as I"m sure environmental restrictions on building huge lakes are alot stricter now than when the original seven seas lagoon was built, and it was built for two reasons. Looks, and so they'd have dirt to raise the level of MK to make the castle up higher and prevent it from being a swamp.

Communicore

Man, all these new entrances are tainting the WDW existing entrances. That's a reason why to this day, I have not bothered exiting using the new exits on 429. Also to me Western Way does not exist.

RayTheFirefly

It's amazing the land directly on the other side of reams road sits undeveloped and for sale. That has been sitting there for over 40 years and Disney has not purchased it. It's astounding, really.
Do you know what they want for it? It's probably something astronomical.

ULPO46

I know everybody hate parking garages but Disney really needs them.
Exactly! Its nice that there is a tram to pick you up. But parking always gets filled up fast, especially on big holidays. You would think that after 44 years the magic Kingdom would have a system of stacked parking by now. The only one that I know of is the one behind the backlot of DHS.

freediverdude

I think it has to do with sightlines. If they put up a 10 story or even 5 story parking garage where the current MK parking lot is, you would be able to see it from the MK, and it would overshadow the Polynesian from behind. Nobody wants to look across the lagoon to their hotel and see a huge parking structure rising behind it, lol. There just isn't a place around the MK area where a large parking garage would look very good.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was looking back at the permits filed last year for the expansion of the employee parking lot off of Reams road and found this....

Capture.JPG

Alektronic

I think it has to do with sightlines. If they put up a 10 story or even 5 story parking garage where the current MK parking lot is, you would be able to see it from the MK, and it would overshadow the Polynesian from behind. Nobody wants to look across the lagoon to their hotel and see a huge parking structure rising behind it, lol. There just isn't a place around the MK area where a large parking garage would look very good.

Unless you put where a racetrack was.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know everybody hate parking garages but Disney really needs them.

The people who hate them are the people that need to pay for them to be built. It's astronomically more expensive than surface lots. Given Disney already has transportation in the main lots at the parks, simply adding more surface spots is far more attractive to them until they run out of places to put them.

They could always bus people to the MK from remote lots too.. it's not like it would be that different from having to transport them from the TTC since they already abandoned the idea of the reveal on approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom