WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

wogwog

Progress report on the "North Entrance". I found myself driving on Reams Road (north boundary of Disney property) yesterday. Disney has started the road building on their property. Right where the pictures and maps posted by others on this forum surmised it would be. It is four lanes approaching from the south to Reams Rd. Curbing is in and the median has been freshly sodded with grass. The roadway is smoothly graded and only needs to have the concrete or blacktop poured. I could not tell how far the work had progressed to the south toward Floridian Way as I drove by. I was alone with no camera so no pics. I could see construction equipment working to the south.

The intersection to Reams on the county side of the boundary has not been started however. This is probably the responsibility of the county. Bit of an odd scene. A four lane road to a retention ditch and utility poles between the new road and Reams Road.

This may just be a new entrance to the MK parking lot in the first stage.

But at least it has started.

COProgressFan

Progress report on the "North Entrance". I found myself driving on Reams Road (north boundary of Disney property) yesterday. Disney has started the road building on their property. Right where the pictures and maps posted by others on this forum surmised it would be. It is four lanes approaching from the south to Reams Rd. Curbing is in and the median has been freshly sodded with grass. The roadway is smoothly graded and only needs to have the concrete or blacktop poured. I could not tell how far the work had progressed to the south toward Floridian Way as I drove by. I was alone with no camera so no pics. I could see construction equipment working to the south.

The intersection to Reams on the county side of the boundary has not been started however. This is probably the responsibility of the county. Bit of an odd scene. A four lane road to a retention ditch and utility poles between the new road and Reams Road.

This may just be a new entrance to the MK parking lot in the first stage.

But at least it has started.

Thanks for the update. Glad they're finally making progress on this desperately needed bypass.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Correct. It should also be known that the flyover serves a different purpose than what you would expect it to do... If I understand it correctly, it will be for going over the traffic exiting the MK.

mikeh

A peek at the current state
Misc_09242015-5.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A new permit was filed the other day with the South Florida Water Management District for the widening of Reams Road. The red shows where the widening will happen. The two blue circles are entrances to a new non-Disney commercial property that is being proposed for the other side of Reams road. The area that is dug up next to the parking lot is the new North Entrance that this thread is about. In this permit it is referred to as "Future Unnamed Road"

Capture.JPG

mm121

A new permit was filed the other day with the South Florida Water Management District for the widening of Reams Road. The red shows where the widening will happen. The two blue circles are entrances to a new non-Disney commercial property that is being proposed for the other side of Reams road. The area that is dug up next to the parking lot is the new North Entrance that this thread is about. In this permit it is referred to as "Future Unnamed Road"

View attachment 116138

it seems like disney would want to own that property or least have some control over what goes there considering the proximity

its odd they've never made any attempts to buy some of the partials north of the north entrance all these years

Timon

it seems like disney would want to own that property or least have some control over what goes there considering the proximity its odd they've never made any attempts to buy some of the partials north of the north entrance all these years

The area immediately north of the Magic Kingdom/ Reams Rd is very swampy with marginal places for development. You can put in a Wawa but probably nothing directly behind it.

The region is developing into mostly subdivisions with no major highways for miles. SR535 is the main road, 4 lanes and in developed areas traffic lights at every intersection. These areas have dropped from 55mph down to 40 or 45mph before long most of SR535 will be that slow. This entrance is very much a "locals" entrance "if you know where it is". Reams Rd used to connect the SR535 directly now you have to use a couple of "round-abouts" and streets to get to SR535. The other end of Reams Rd connects to Ficquette Rd which is slowly, section by section being widened to 4 lanes. Still Reams Rd is mostly hidden.

FOH Jim

In case there are people here that live in Winter Garden, my Dad recently found out that they are building a Wawa at Colonial & Daniels/Dillard where the IHOP and hotel used to be. Also a Culvers if there are midwest transplants.

Yup, Used to have to drive to Sarasota for Culvers, then they put one in Clermont, only 15 minutes away. Better! Now there will be one almost within walking distance! WooHoo! I can't wait. Every time I drive by, I yell out the window "build Faster"

Next Big Thing

In case there are people here that live in Winter Garden, my Dad recently found out that they are building a Wawa at Colonial & Daniels/Dillard where the IHOP and hotel used to be. Also a Culvers if there are midwest transplants.
That hotel was soooooooooo sketchy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom