WDW Ticket Prices

Disneyfamily4

This ticket price change is horrible. They are now forcing people, who only want park hoppers, to also pay for the water park options as well. Making me pay for water parks, just because I want park hoppers is absolutely ridiculous.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not really

Disney would simply stop handing out 30% discounts... that would cut down on crowds
Or Disney could stop handing out free dining... that would cut down on crowds
Or Disney could stop pumping events to cling onto their parks... that would cut down on the crowds
I don't know of anyone who said "wow, lets goto Disney, they didn't raise prices last month!"

If someone had to save up to goto Disney at 2014 prices... not having a price increase the next year isn't going to make Disney suddenly more affordable to them.

Or like Eisner did, Create new gates and Expand the existing parks to allieviate the crowding, But that would involve not using the profits from P&R as an ATM for acquisitions of dubious value (Maker Studios I'm looking at YOU) and stock repurchases, It would involve RISK and actually GROWING the business.

asianway

Or like Eisner did, Create new gates and Expand the existing parks to allieviate the crowding, But that would involve not using the profits from P&R as an ATM for acquisitions of dubious value (Maker Studios I'm looking at YOU) and stock repurchases, It would involve RISK and actually GROWING the business.
Did you see PR team hosted some Maker boondoggle conference a week or two ago?

Disneyfamily4

With the Billions they made from Frozen and Marvel, not to mention the record breaking amount of Billions, they will make from Star Wars and Marvel this year, you would think we can skip a year of increases. However, AP holders get a deduction in discounts and prices go up.

lostpro9het

More DVC = more people who are forced to make annual or at least biennial trips. If people are pretty much forced to go because DVC then they will pay for tickets regardless of price.
I don't know, Id be pretty content sitting in a Savannah view room for a week or in Kidani/Jambo's pool without ever setting foot in a park if they make tickets/APs too unreasonable.

ParentsOf4

According to the Disney Dining Update page I read, Along with the ticket price increase, people who buy park hoppers will also get Water Parks included. We all know Disney, I doubt they are throwing in the Water Parks for free. Most likely, the people who buy park hoppers will be paying for it.
Disney seems to be having a problem selling its Water Park tickets in non-summer months. To combat this, Water Park tickets have become a less expensive add-on. For example, in 2012:
  • The price of a base ticket increased an average of 6.8%.
  • The price of a ticket with Hopper increased an average of 6.1%.
  • The price of a ticket with Hopper and Water Park decreased an average of 3.8%.
With a 4 or more day ticket, the Water Park option costs only $26 more total (not per day) than the Hopper option. That means for a 7-day ticket, Disney is charging $3.71 per day for water park access.

It will be interesting to watch the next round of price increases to see if Disney simply adds that $26 to all Hopper tickets.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Did you see PR team hosted some Maker boondoggle conference a week or two ago?

I did and it was a total #FAIL as PR basically begged content producers to sign on as most of the originals had left as soon as they found out about the Disney takeover, Maker was known for edgy content something Disney is manifestly NOT known for.

Did Disney really think the YouTube channel property was really worth a half a billion dollars, A YouTube channel is worth precisely what a twitter handle is i.e. NOTHING it's the CONTENT that drives the value. It's not a TV or Radio channel or even a cable channel which has intrinsic worth independent of it's content.

That being said if I had been in Maker's shoes I would have taken the money in a flash and cashed the check before the ink was dry. Anyone STUPID enough to buy the channel WITHOUT getting the content creators under contract deserves to be fleeced of their half billion.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney seems to be having a problem selling its Water Park tickets in non-summer months. To combat this, Water Park tickets have become a less expensive add-on. For example, in 2012:
  • The price of a ticket with Hopper and Water Park decreased an average of 3.8%.
With a 4 or more day ticket, the Water Park option costs only $26 more total (not per day) than the Hopper option. That means for a 7-day ticket, Disney is charging $3.71 per day for water park access.

It will be interesting to watch the next round of price increases to see if Disney simply adds that $26 to all Hopper tickets.

What's the Over/Under on a second price increase within 12 months?.

Disneyfamily4

No matter what the cost is, for my family of 4, its money Disney is making me spend for something we never go to.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Friday and Saturday nights are avoid at all costs at DL.

I imagine they are more worried about the issues like they can't time any event or opening without serious study on the blackout calendar and still can't keep a large % of people at bay leading to bum rushes and all the extra strain that puts on the park and their operating costs.

That and the whole parking thing. I'm actually quite surprised they haven't removed parking from the AP passes yet.. that's one direct way to influence the behavior. I guess the "get them in the door" mentality rules all until it really hits the fan.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I imagine they are more worried about the issues like they can't time any event or opening without serious study on the blackout calendar and still can't keep a large % of people at bay leading to bum rushes and all the extra strain that puts on the park and their operating costs.

That and the whole parking thing. I'm actually quite surprised they haven't removed parking from the AP passes yet.. that's one direct way to influence the behavior. I guess the "get them in the door" mentality rules all until it really hits the fan.

Also there is reasonable public transit in Anaheim so I expect parking is not an issue in most cases the locals can get there by public transit at least for the ones who use the 'cheap' AP's (there are many classes of DL AP and only the two most expensive are unlimited and I'd expect those customers to be the ones using parking).

And as I recall a few of the lower tiers do not include free parking.

ParentsOf4

People also forget how DVC plays into all of this.

More DVC = more people who are forced to make annual or at least biennial trips. If people are pretty much forced to go because DVC then they will pay for tickets regardless of price.
This is perhaps the single most common misconception with DVC.

DVC members are frequent WDW visitors, that's true. However, DVC members are not guaranteed theme park gate clicks. Please consider:
  • As frequent visitors, DVC members get bored with WDW faster than most out-of-state non-members. I've ridden Peter Pan's Flight at least 50 times. Do you really think I'm going to fork over Disney's prices to ride it a 51st time?
  • With crowds being the way they have been in recent years, do you really think I'd rather fight those crowds than spend a relaxing day poolside at the hotel?
  • Most DVC units have kitchens with ovens and full-size refrigerators. That's mean we shop at the local grocery store and prepare our meals in our rooms. Do you really think I want to spend $370 to feed my family of 6 at Cinderella's Royal Table?
  • Universal has added a lot in recent years. Do you really think I'm going to ignore that?
In recent years, Disney has offered various types of theme park ticket discounts exactly because DVC members haven't been visiting the parks like they used to.

DVC gives me an inexpensive but pleasant place to stay during my Orlando vacations. This fall, I have a DVC Studio reserved for some friends at Disney's Boardwalk Villas for $61/night.

How much does a 'Value' Resort cost?

I'm using WDW facilities while paying Disney a minimum to do so.

Disney has to work for my business if they want anything more than that $61/night for a Deluxe Resort room. :)

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Also there is reasonable public transit in Anaheim so I expect parking is not an issue in most cases the locals can get there by public transit at least for the ones who use the 'cheap' AP's (there are many classes of DL AP and only the two most expensive are unlimited and I'd expect those customers to be the ones using parking).

And as I recall a few of the lower tiers do not include free parking.

Parking is a one-time add-on. And while there is public transit in Anaheim... it's not really practical for most tourist activities given the involvement and lack of after-hours coverage.

Disney needs to encourage carpooling to the park for those 'after work' crowds. The problem is when everyone has pre-paid parking... or pre-paid admission... you lose many of your best behavior modification controls.

Make the pre-paid parking out in siberia... unless you have a carpool.. then you can park close, etc.

PrincessNelly_NJ

According to the Disney Dining Update page I read, Along with the ticket price increase, people who buy park hoppers will also get Water Parks included. We all know Disney, I doubt they are throwing in the Water Parks for free. Most likely, the people who buy park hoppers will be paying for it.
Thats not how I was reading it... it seemed like it will be a water park hopper... letting you enter both water parks in one day without using two entitlements.

A Water Park-Hopper ticket add-on will be introduced. “At the very least, this will be an option for single-day water park tickets, but it may also be available as an add-on for other tickets as well.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom