WDW Theme Park Dress Code for Guests

loveofamouse

Personally, I could care less about who wears sandals. But just as you love your sandals, don't diss others who like tennis shoes or flip flops.

It wasn't a generalization. It was a statement based on my own experience which is clearly stated. You are in Chicago. I am in FL.

talfonso

Sorry to bring up old news, but DLP denied a woman and her daughter because they dressed in costumes that could resemble a face character (Disney Princess, to be precise).

I feel bad for the pair, but rules are rules - and I can relate the costume policy to them.

Xethis

I saw this thread and couldn't resist.

Growing up my mother banned flip-flops in my house because she loathed the "clickitty-clack" sound they made. I was 30 & married by the time my wife conned me into a pair. I wear running shoes for running, and wear Harley boots the rest of the time. Being a big city kid I'm not used to going barefoot.

My wife swears by Tiva flip flops & owns a gazillion pairs. On our last WDW trip she tried talking me into a pair of Crocs & I told her there is no way, they're just not for me. (No offense to those who like them.) Then I found on the Crocs website, they made flip flops. Well, needless to say I tried a pair for WDW and was surprised. It felt like I was walking on marshmallows!

I was glad I didn't bring running/walking shoes in retrospect. Hot shoes + moisture = blisters. Wet shoes/socks from water rides = blisters. Straps & buckles + sweaty feet = blisters. If people think feet are gross, then blistered feet are uber nasty.:hurl:
Plus after walking how many miles after being in the park for 8+ hours, my feet get 'heavy' and I want the lightest thing possible.

So 2 years later, I own 4 pairs of them and wouldn't consider wearing anything but to the parks. But, there are rules that people should observe when wearing flip-flops, ha ha. #1: Keep your feet as manicured as possible. #2: Trim your dang nails. I agree, feet are not the choice body part for admiring, but with some effort they can be a bit less repugnant. I can easily see why feet & flip-flops get the reputation they do, and a lot of people aren't helping in that area.

Meh, to each their own, but I think flip flops + effort in the feet department is the way to go for me.

And to touch back to the language thing briefly, I think it's socially irresponsible to just blurt out whatever & use the umbrella of free speach as a defense. I admit I have a pretty bad mouth at home around my wife or adult family. I worked in a tattoo shop where the language could get pretty raw at times. However, when I am out in public now, I find I am the one watching my language & trying to get my wife to NOT tell me what she thinks of the lady who just cut her off, etc. I agree, everyone slips, but little kids didn't ask to hear your colorful expletives. If an adult doesn't like your chosen vocabulary, fine, tell them to not listen, whatever. But as for me personally, if I know there is a child under the age of 15 or so, I try my hardest to watch my mouth. And it doesn't matter if you're a man who's 7 feet tall, 300 lbs & bullet proof, or a 4 foot 11 petite grandma, good manners is just good manners and we all had them once.

Hulacat

Have you seen this page?

http://www.badshoe.com
"BadShoe.com the Internet's Premier site for Unfortunate Theme Park Footwear and General Disney World Silliness."

Its really funny! I am amazed at the shoes people wear to WDW.
What are they thinking?!?
I don't understand the sky high heel thing- we saw a young (under 20) girl with what looked like her Mom, the girl was in a mini mini dress and reaaaaally high heels, hobbling out of Epcot. What were they thinking?

bethymouse

I don't understand the sky high heel thing- we saw a young (under 20) girl with what looked like her Mom, the girl was in a mini mini dress and reaaaaally high heels, hobbling out of Epcot. What were they thinking?
Now that's just plain stupid! You can have "fashion sense" and still be noticed in the parks!:eek:

Magikal

I saw this thread and couldn't resist.

Growing up my mother banned flip-flops in my house because she loathed the "clickitty-clack" sound they made. I was 30 & married by the time my wife conned me into a pair. I wear running shoes for running, and wear Harley boots the rest of the time. Being a big city kid I'm not used to going barefoot.

My wife swears by Tiva flip flops & owns a gazillion pairs. On our last WDW trip she tried talking me into a pair of Crocs & I told her there is no way, they're just not for me. (No offense to those who like them.) Then I found on the Crocs website, they made flip flops. Well, needless to say I tried a pair for WDW and was surprised. It felt like I was walking on marshmallows!

I was glad I didn't bring running/walking shoes in retrospect. Hot shoes + moisture = blisters. Wet shoes/socks from water rides = blisters. Straps & buckles + sweaty feet = blisters. If people think feet are gross, then blistered feet are uber nasty.:hurl:
Plus after walking how many miles after being in the park for 8+ hours, my feet get 'heavy' and I want the lightest thing possible.

So 2 years later, I own 4 pairs of them and wouldn't consider wearing anything but to the parks. But, there are rules that people should observe when wearing flip-flops, ha ha. #1: Keep your feet as manicured as possible. #2: Trim your dang nails. I agree, feet are not the choice body part for admiring, but with some effort they can be a bit less repugnant. I can easily see why feet & flip-flops get the reputation they do, and a lot of people aren't helping in that area.

Meh, to each their own, but I think flip flops + effort in the feet department is the way to go for me.

And to touch back to the language thing briefly, I think it's socially irresponsible to just blurt out whatever & use the umbrella of free speach as a defense. I admit I have a pretty bad mouth at home around my wife or adult family. I worked in a tattoo shop where the language could get pretty raw at times. However, when I am out in public now, I find I am the one watching my language & trying to get my wife to NOT tell me what she thinks of the lady who just cut her off, etc. I agree, everyone slips, but little kids didn't ask to hear your colorful expletives. If an adult doesn't like your chosen vocabulary, fine, tell them to not listen, whatever. But as for me personally, if I know there is a child under the age of 15 or so, I try my hardest to watch my mouth. And it doesn't matter if you're a man who's 7 feet tall, 300 lbs & bullet proof, or a 4 foot 11 petite grandma, good manners is just good manners and we all had them once.
I have RA & it's particularly bad in my feet, and I wouldn't DREAM of going on a WDW vacation w/o my croc flips! All 3 prs & counting!! I bring other shoes but always fall back on my croc flips! I've reformed my whole family, including my husband, who was much like you & vowed he'd never be caught dead in crocs, into a croc flip lover!
Gotta love my croc flippies!

Tim_4

I bust out the Crocs ONLY in torrential rain because wet socks are agony to me. I've tried boat shoes and flip flops but good running shoes are the only thing I can really stand.

That being said, this has to be the most jaw-dropping "THIS WENT 11 PAGES!?" thread of all time.

jlsHouston

Well since we are speaking of feet here... I had heel pain as no other heel pain last April after 2 1/2 days of walking Epcot MK and MK in teva flip flops and a pair of crocs. I had to basically take Monday off and get a massage, then I ended up putting on my tennis shoes, I forget what brand but like walking tennis shoes, and it was a world of walking without heel pain once I put those tennis shoes on. I have been seriously on the web for about a month looking at these $100 dollar flip flops/sandalls but now I am down to 5 days out so it appears I may be doing the teva/crocs/tennis shoes at WDW and I am hoping I don't feel that same heel pain again!:eek:

Parrain

We just got back from Magic Kingdom last week and the shoe of choice for me was a pair of Clark's leather sandals. Super comfy and cool. These have the covered toe so they are fairl presentable, and the foot bed is sort of like crocs, soft rubber of some sort, not cloth or leather. I recommend them. My wife wore her fancy slides with the jewels and little gold chains (style first, mind you) but She said she was comfy. My daughter wore sneakers. We saw plenty "ladies" in heels, but hey, I guess to each his own.

StarWarsGirl

I just wish they'd ban sandals. Who wants to see peoples nasty, stinky feet?
I happen to like sandals in the park. Especially when it is raining. You don't get wet socks that way.

And do not even suggest crocs...not going there!

I keep my feet nice for that reason, though. Polished toenails, no sticky-ness, and no cracking feet at all times!

Phineas

On my last visit, while waiting in line to order food in Epcot with my brother, there was this woman in front of us wearing a long sleeved black tee with Satanic phrases all over it, and a Dante's Inferno-esque image of Satan on the front. It said on the back, to paraphrase (There was an entire paragraph!), it said "There is no higher God to answer your prayers." And there were phrases on the sleeves too. I was absolutely dumbfounded that no one had asked her to leave or change her shirt. While I'm far from the most religious person around, and I'm all for a laid back mindset with dress code to a certain extent, I'm positive other guest would have been offended.

freediverdude

On my last visit, while waiting in line to order food in Epcot with my brother, there was this woman in front of us wearing a long sleeved black tee with Satanic phrases all over it, and a Dante's Inferno-esque image of Satan on the front. It said on the back, to paraphrase (There was an entire paragraph!), it said "There is no higher God to answer your prayers." And there were phrases on the sleeves too. I was absolutely dumbfounded that no one had asked her to leave or change her shirt. While I'm far from the most religious person around, and I'm all for a laid back mindset with dress code to a certain extent, I'm positive other guest would have been offended.

Unfortunately, since this is of a religious nature, if they banned this shirt, they would also have to ban other shirts, like for instance, one that had a big fish logo and read "Jesus Saved Me". Which, while it would suit me just fine to ban both shirts, would really get some people's panties in a wad.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We saw a man with a shirt - whatever it said was covered with duct tape. I'm guessing Disney made him cover whatever it said. I always wondered what it was.

CMV

Much to the wife's chagrin, I'll be wearing the 15+ year old sandals pretty much the entire trip. We had a high of 15 degrees today, and I wore them all day. To practice AND look like Jesus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom