WDW Taking a Hit Over Gator and Massacre ...

PREMiERdrum

FWIW, the mouse just opened up a great many more rooms for the "Free Dining"... I was able to convert several clients' reservations with ease on Friday including a 4 room booking for September, and up until then there was no availability for their weeks. I was also able to secure myself a 2 room booking under Free Dining at Caribbean Beach for September... again a week that previously showed no availability.

Related to the gator attack? I have no idea, but for whatever reason they're starting to goose fall incentives.

Soarin' Over Pgh

FWIW, the mouse just opened up a great many more rooms for the "Free Dining"... I was able to convert several clients' reservations with ease on Friday including a 4 room booking for September, and up until then there was no availability for their weeks. I was also able to secure myself a 2 room booking under Free Dining at Caribbean Beach for September... again a week that previously showed no availability.

Related to the gator attack? I have no idea, but for whatever reason they're starting to goose fall incentives.

A solid 35-40% off for CBR in November would be awesome. Heres to hoping, right?

PREMiERdrum

A solid 35-40% off for CBR in November would be awesome. Heres to hoping, right?

I hate how cryptic their promotions pricing is, but this group is a multi-generational family trip going into 4 rooms for 6 days in September. They initially booked at rack rate, but before the latest price increase, with the expectation that we could add a promotion in later. Since the moment promotions were announced, there was *nothing* available for them in the promotion outside of the deluxe resorts.

Fast forward to Friday, and we've converted all 4 rooms to Free Dining and upgraded from Water View to Preferred Rooms and the price actually went down a tiny bit!

So maybe, just maybe, they've realized that they're pricing themselves out of people's plans.

PorterRedkey

I know that it is probably overkill at this point, but here is another video show a gator by Big Thunder @ 13:16 on Sept.15 2015

I can see Disney having problems with maintaining a gator-free zone outside of the park (they actually have to have areas of the property dedicated to Wetland preservation. Alligators like the wetlands. However, inside the park, there should be NO alligators, unless I am at AK.

PhotoDave219

I know that it is probably overkill at this point, but here is another video show a gator by Big Thunder @ 13:16 on Sept.15 2015

I can see Disney having problems with maintaining a gator-free zone outside of the park (they actually have to have areas of the property dedicated to Wetland preservation. Alligators like the wetlands. However, inside the park, there should be NO alligators, unless I am at AK.

Theyve had a problem with that spot for at least 12 years. Thats over by the turkey leg cart and presumably thats why he hangs out there.

Also, thats a 3 foot one, too tiny to be a nusance..... yet.

Wdw62114

Ugh! All these youtube videos popping up of alligator sightings around WDW are pointless. Again, people acting as if these creatures just arrived in that area. These people posting vids are just as bad as the media....getting off on exaggerating events for the sole purpose trying to strike fear in society.

space42

Ugh! All these youtube videos popping up of alligator sightings around WDW are pointless. Again, people acting as if these creatures just arrived in that area. These people posting vids are just as bad as the media....getting off on exaggerating events for the sole purpose trying to strike fear in society.

Many of these videos are years old.
The one above is from 2015. The one around splash mountain is even older.

People have been posting these videos for years. I think they are just surprised to see wild animals in a man made area.

The only thing being exaggerated are some people's reactions to said videos.

Wdw62114

Many of these videos are years old.
The one above is from 2015. The one around splash mountain is even older.

People have been posting these videos for years. I think they are just surprised to see wild animals in a man made area.

The only thing being exaggerated are some people's reactions to said videos.
Exactly my point! They are old videos yet they are popping up everywhere. And im not just talking here but all over different forums and fb. Some people claim that its educating future guests about alligators......pleeeease! Ive never been to Austrailia but I know about sharks and jellyfish in the water. Ive never been to the deep canadian wilderness but I aware I could be mauled by a bear. Its called common sense and an education beyond that of a 3rd grader

HM Spectre

I get a temporary removal of the JC joke... a joke about kids getting eaten by gators so soon after a tragedy is on the insensitive side.

But removing all references to gators as though they don't exist? Come on.

The lesson to be learned from this is that gators are real, they're everywhere in Orlando and it's important to respect that presence. Educate visitors and put up better warnings/information to let guests know what they're getting into.

It's not about scrubbing every reference to gators in the park and sanitizing things so that we can sprinkle pixie dust over our eyes and pretend they aren't real. Getting rid of innocuous fake gators does absolutely nothing except pander to a group that's so sensitive they can't even see the animal without getting all upset.

WDW needs to make changes that address the real problems and help improve safety. Everything else is just a bunch of over-reactionary nonsense.

TLtron

Rather than posting a shock/awe "look at scary alligator in Rivers Of America" video, here is a somewhat educational video that might help calm people down over the issue. I filmed this back in early May when hiking near Gainesville, FL. In this short video, you will witness what happens when you encounter gators in the wild which have NOT been fed or harassed by tourists, and as a result, share the same respect of people as we should have of them. And these aren't your little Splash Mtn hangout gators either. The large one I guessed to top 6 ft from nose to tail, possibly brush 7 ft (his tail was curved at the time, so hard to tell).

If this video teaches anything, it is that gators are not terrorizing monsters of death *If* people would follow the rules of never touch, never feed, never harass, and give them the respect it takes to keep them respectful of us...then hopefully future incidents will be minimal if none at all.

(Oh, and the large one opening his jaws was not showing anger or aggression toward me or any hikers on the trail. This method of keeping jaws wide is how they regulate their body temperature during the day.)

asianway

Hey look! A lifestyler!

JoeCamel

Rather than posting a shock/awe "look at scary alligator in Rivers Of America" video, here is a somewhat educational video that might help calm people down over the issue. I filmed this back in early May when hiking near Gainesville, FL. In this short video, you will witness what happens when you encounter gators in the wild which have NOT been fed or harassed by tourists, and as a result, share the same respect of people as we should have of them. And these aren't your little Splash Mtn hangout gators either. The large one I guessed to top 6 ft from nose to tail, possibly brush 7 ft (his tail was curved at the time, so hard to tell).

If this video teaches anything, it is that gators are not terrorizing monsters of death *If* people would follow the rules of never touch, never feed, never harass, and give them the respect it takes to keep them respectful of us...then hopefully future incidents will be minimal if none at all.

(Oh, and the large one opening his jaws was not showing anger or aggression toward me or any hikers on the trail. This method of keeping jaws wide is how they regulate their body temperature during the day.)

Now if you were walking a poodle............

MOXOMUMD

It does seem a little shocking, considering how difficult it must be to blog with such short arms.
4b3cace1def8bd61a637ebbc76bf1b17.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom