WDW Rice Krispies Treats

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Okay. Call me a freak but I love these things, expecially at WDW. They're perpetually soft. I'm thinking this is done by adding corn syrup. Anyone know how they do it??? Recipe perhaps??? I tried a batch last week with 2 tbsp of corn syrup but it either wasn't enough or wasn't the right thing to achieve the ooey-gooey perfection I seek. :shrug:

tigsmom

Okay. Call me a freak but I love these things, expecially at WDW. They're perpetually soft. I'm thinking this is done by adding corn syrup. Anyone know how they do it??? Recipe perhaps??? I tried a batch last week with 2 tbsp of corn syrup but it either wasn't enough or wasn't the right thing to achieve the ooey-gooey perfection I seek. :shrug:

As far as I know they are the same as regular krispie treats. The treats I have made in the past always stayed soft when kept covered. :shrug:
I'll look around and see if I can find the "official" recipe.

We have a recipe thread stickied to the top of this forum and we respectfully ask that all requests be put there so we can keep everything in one place.
Hopefully you can find the recipe for some of your WDW favorites. :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Okee dokee. My bad. Hopefully some kind mod will be sweet enough to delete this thread for me. I did a search for anything krispy-related before posting this last night. Turned up nothing. Personally, I wouldn't want to sift thru 51 pages of a recipe thread unless I knew what I was looking for was there. Patience is something I've never possessed, tho. :p

The traditional recipe stays somewhat soft when kept covered but it's not like the WDW soft. I did some digging around and found some recipes that suggest vanilla extract. I also searched the list of recipes on allearsnet.com which turned up a whole lot of nadda. Dernit. I'm thinking perhaps the corn syrup, some vanilla, and reducing the amount of cereal in the mixture. I'll just experiment. I'm sure my family will hate having to eat all my tests. :slurp:

tigsmom

Okee dokee. My bad. Hopefully some kind mod will be sweet enough to delete this thread for me. I did a search for anything krispy-related before posting this last night. Turned up nothing. Personally, I wouldn't want to sift thru 51 pages of a recipe thread unless I knew what I was looking for was there. Patience is something I've never possessed, tho. :p

The traditional recipe stays somewhat soft when kept covered but it's not like the WDW soft. I did some digging around and found some recipes that suggest vanilla extract. I also searched the list of recipes on allearsnet.com which turned up a whole lot of nadda. Dernit. I'm thinking perhaps the corn syrup, some vanilla, and reducing the amount of cereal in the mixture. I'll just experiment. I'm sure my family will hate having to eat all my tests. :slurp:

No need to delete the thread, just pointing the recipe thread out to ya. :lol:

I couldn't find anything either, but I'll check with a friend who worked at the Main Street Bakery, maybe she knows the secret. :lookaroun

I ave the master list of recipes in the thread, but I'm working on a Detailed Index that I hope to have stickied to the top as well that will be easier to use. :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
A Master List of recipes would be wonderful. A problem with the recipe thread is that there is a lot of discussion/comment about the recipes (as there should be, don't get me wrong) which makes for more sifting when looking for something specific. I like the way AllEarsNet has theirs listed by park with the click-able links.

Thanks muchly for your help. I appreciate it. I've never been a creative cook. What I make comes from a box or a recipe. I suppose this is my 1st venture into experimenting to reach a specific result. Geez, it only took 34 years for me to get to this milestone in my woman-hood.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

pjulie75

I don't know about the recipe you talked about, but I was recently given this one for my childrens birthday party and it was really yummy and stayed gooey for a couple of days:

Yummy Crispy Cakes
1 Melt 227gms toffees in microwave for 2 mins,stir well.
2 Add 125gms butter and 200gms marshmallows and cook in microwave for 1 and a 1/2 mins,stir really well till mixed.
3 Add 175gms rice crispies and stir well to mix.
4 Press into a greased tray approx 8"x 12"
5 When set cut into small squares.
6 Store in a tin with greaseproof paper in between layers
to avoid sticking together.
Hope it works out,the family will enjoy testing your efforts anyway!

I think it is the marshmallows that keep it sticky:animwink:

shoppingnut

I can tell you from making them myself many times from the recipe on the side of the Rice Krispy cereal box that you should use the crisco instead of the butter and the more marshmallows you add the softer and tastier it will be. I know I've added at least a bag or two more than the recipe calls for on the box. And, yes, by covering them it does keep them softer too.

DisneyGigi

I can tell you from making them myself many times from the recipe on the side of the Rice Krispy cereal box that you should use the crisco instead of the butter and the more marshmallows you add the softer and tastier it will be. I know I've added at least a bag or two more than the recipe calls for on the box. And, yes, by covering them it does keep them softer too.

I use(can't belive it's not butter) margarine in mine and add extra marshmallows and I also cut mine and put them in individual zip lock bags and they are as soft as WDW's. :wave:

dixiegirl

I use(can't belive it's not butter) margarine in mine and add extra marshmallows and I also cut mine and put them in individual zip lock bags and they are as soft as WDW's. :wave:

Now using this recipe can you use a mickey head cookie cutter?? I'd love to do these for my daughters bday for all the kids.....

DisneyGigi

Now using this recipe can you use a mickey head cookie cutter?? I'd love to do these for my daughters bday for all the kids.....

Yes you can! (I also do snowmen for Christmas & Pumpkins for Halloween etc.) Just cut them out and slip them in the bag. Wait until it cools a bit though. :wave:

disneydiva72

A Master List of recipes would be wonderful. A problem with the recipe thread is that there is a lot of discussion/comment about the recipes (as there should be, don't get me wrong) which makes for more sifting when looking for something specific. I like the way AllEarsNet has theirs listed by park with the click-able links.

Thanks muchly for your help. I appreciate it. I've never been a creative cook. What I make comes from a box or a recipe. I suppose this is my 1st venture into experimenting to reach a specific result. Geez, it only took 34 years for me to get to this milestone in my woman-hood.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/recipes.html

http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/default.asp

elizs77

You can buy the treats from the same company that makes them for WDW:

www.selmas.com

They aren't in the mouse shape, but they are the exact same thing. I found this when reading the label on the WDW version of the treats.

dixiegirl

You diffidently can, just be sure to spray it with a little cooking spray between each cut or it will stick like a .

Now wondering...Can I dip the top portion in chocolate , like they do at Disney???
I'm thinking these would make great things to give the kids(and adults) as thank you's at my daughters b-day party instead of "pain in the---goody bags" that can cost a small fortune......Everyone knows we're disney-obsessed so I think it would go over cute.....

tigsmom

Now wondering...Can I dip the top portion in chocolate , like they do at Disney???
I'm thinking these would make great things to give the kids(and adults) as thank you's at my daughters b-day party instead of "pain in the---goody bags" that can cost a small fortune......Everyone knows we're disney-obsessed so I think it would go over cute.....

You can do anything you want! Just have the chocolate ready as you cut them and some wax paper set out to let them dry before bagging them up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom